YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 7:15 Quote
2018 XL Pro race frame for sale in UK

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/2411332/

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 7:38 Quote
Andyb27 wrote:
Hi guys,

Anyone happen to be selling a set of 27.5 wheels from their 2018 Capra? Or any suggestions on a wheelset to go for?

cheers

I have the DTswiss 1900. never been rode, took them off new

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
Andyb27 wrote:
Hi guys,

Anyone happen to be selling a set of 27.5 wheels from their 2018 Capra? Or any suggestions on a wheelset to go for?

cheers

I’ve got a set of the TRS+ wheels from my 18 CF Pro with tires, 110km’s on them but shipping overseas would probably be cost prohibitive.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 9:00 Quote
radiorog wrote:
steveperry wrote:
Here’s a picture of the new bike. I’ve had it now for about three weeks. Best bike I’ve ever owned.
photo
photo
what saddle you using....looks good shape.

Actually the SGD that came on the bike. It has fit me well.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 9:03 Quote
cupophil wrote:
I want to get rid of the ethirteen tires that are stock on the CF Pro (single casings) for a duel casing at least. What’s everybody running on their rides?

I love my ethirteens. They are the best tires I’ve run. I’ve Ben riding a lot of rocks lately am sidewalls have held well. If your selling ‘em let me know.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 10:21 Quote
steveperry wrote:
radiorog wrote:
steveperry wrote:
Here’s a picture of the new bike. I’ve had it now for about three weeks. Best bike I’ve ever owned.
photo
photo
what saddle you using....looks good shape.

Actually the SGD that came on the bike. It has fit me well.
wow! didnt realise the cut out dip in middle was that prominant. Must be the angle, but never noticed it looking like that before. cheers tho.

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 14:37 Quote
Hello everyone,

Did some of Capra 29er 2018 owners try to put 27,5 wheels?
Is it possible with changing the geo flip only or geometry of bike will suck badly?
I would be gratefull for any thoughts.
I just wonder if it's possible to have 2 bikes in 1 simply just buying another wheel set.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 14:55 Quote
Pablocjusz wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is it possible with changing the geo flip only or geometry of bike will suck badly?
I just wonder if it's possible to have 2 bikes in 1 simply just buying another wheel set.

If you took a Capra 29er, put 27.5” wheels/tires on it, ran the flip chip in the high setting and put a 170mm air chamber in the fork your bottom bracket would be the same height as the 170mm Capra 27.5, after accounting for 30% sag. So yes it could certainly be done.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 21:54 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Pablocjusz wrote:
Hello everyone,

If you took a Capra 29er, put 27.5” wheels/tires on it, ran the flip chip in the high setting and put a 170mm air chamber in the fork your bottom bracket would be the same height as the 170mm Capra 27.5, after accounting for 30% sag. So yes it could certainly be done.

I have wondered the opposite...could I sneak a set of 29” wheels on my 27.5 CF Pro? Anyone tried that? Would need a new fork...but I am curious.

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 23:41 Quote
steveperry wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
Pablocjusz wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have wondered the opposite...could I sneak a set of 29” wheels on my 27.5 CF Pro? Anyone tried that? Would need a new fork...but I am curious.

That however, is not going to work.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 3:46 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
steveperry wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Richt2000
Do you mean both swaps or just one from 27,5 to 29?

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 5:29 Quote
Andyb27 wrote:
Hi guys,

cheers

I’ll be selling the DT Swiss off mine as soon as it arrives.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 17:17 Quote
giantrideryyc wrote:
If you had to compare the specs on the following YT bikes with the comparable Giant Reign bikes where would they line up:

2018 YT CAPRA 27 CF PRO
2018 YT CAPRA 27 CF
2018 YT CAPRA 27 AL COMP

For example, is the 2018 YT CAPRA 27 AL COMP ($4050 CAD) spec'd out similarly or most closely with the Giant Reign SX ($4700 CAD)?

I realize there are technical and performance differences between the two. I am just trying to understand price point better and I am not familiar with pricing on raceface and e*thirteen, etc.

Also, if money isn't an issue, where the bet deal / most value / best resale price on the Capra? To me it looks like the CF PRO or the AL COMP. Thoughts?

YT is a better value/spec for the money in Canada than Giant. In 2016/2017 Giant was very comparable but they upped their prices a bit this year while YT actually dropped prices on some models.

The Giants are still good value, but YT beats them. Obviously with Giant you get bike shop support versus dealing with YT Canada over the phone/email which is hit or miss to say the least. IMO the Capra is a superior bike to the Reign especially if you need to climb for your descents.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 3:19 Quote
Pablocjusz wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
steveperry wrote:

Richt2000
Do you mean both swaps or just one from 27,5 to 29?

Yea 29er wheel isnt going to fit in the 27.5 rear end. And the BB would be super high even if it did.

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 5:48 Quote
I love this bike! Climbs pretty well...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030093
Mobile Version of Website