YT Capra Owners

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2018 at 21:58 Quote
hostforaxenomorph wrote:
ChupaCapra wrote:
Really struggling here to find parts for my SRAM guide RS brakes. I just need the seals for the lever piston? any ideas where to get them in the UK?

Or failing that, what is a good alternative brake to buy (2nd hand would be fine)?

I've got a 2015 Capra if that makes any difference.

Buy my barely used CODE RSs that came with my capra last month. Just prefer saints me.

How much for the Code RS’s?

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 3:10 Quote
thesmokingman wrote:
ChupaCapra wrote:
Really struggling here to find parts for my SRAM guide RS brakes. I just need the seals for the lever piston? any ideas where to get them in the UK?

Or failing that, what is a good alternative brake to buy (2nd hand would be fine)?

http://forums.mtbr.com/brake-time/guide-rs-levers-not-returning-replaced-under-warranty-1011229-post13749023.html#post13749023

Thanks!

I was in the process of the strip down and broke one of the seals. I was going to do the light sanding of the piston.

I think the aluminium piston from Ebay seems like a good bet as it comes with seals anyway.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 3:10 Quote
hostforaxenomorph wrote:
ChupaCapra wrote:

Buy my barely used CODE RSs that came with my capra last month. Just prefer saints me.

Thanks, I've sent you a PM.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 4:13 Quote
Pablocjusz wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday when I was ridining I hit the rock and the paint left on it.
My brand new bike which has few months its not so pretty now.

Its looks bad and I wonder do I need to make some paiting to protect frame from rust in that place?
Im so sad.
It will sound terrible but I hope your bikes has scratches too.
Please cheer me up and say that they do Smile

Phooto below

photo

Ive got loads of scratches on my Capra AL1, kind of wish i had put invisiframe on it but scratches do happen, part of mountain biking. Im thinking in the future i may strip the bike down and get it powder coated, then get some YT stickers to put on frame and then protect it.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 5:10 Quote
johnas7 wrote:
Pablocjusz wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday when I was ridining I hit the rock and the paint left on it.
My brand new bike which has few months its not so pretty now.

Its looks bad and I wonder do I need to make some paiting to protect frame from rust in that place?
Im so sad.
It will sound terrible but I hope your bikes has scratches too.
Please cheer me up and say that they do Smile

Phooto below

photo

Ive got loads of scratches on my Capra AL1, kind of wish i had put invisiframe on it but scratches do happen, part of mountain biking. Im thinking in the future i may strip the bike down and get it powder coated, then get some YT stickers to put on frame and then protect it.

Lots of scratches on my bikes, couldn’t care less.
It’s (should be) a sport not a concourse display, the fun should come from riding it not polishing it. Big Grin

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 5:54 Quote
Hey guys, I need to replace one of the spokes on my rear e13 alu TRS wheel from my 2017 YT CF Capra.

Can someone please advise where to buy a kit?

I found this, but it looks really expensive for just 4 spokes:

https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/e-thirteen-spoke-kits-p333396

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 6:16 Quote
aldana wrote:
Hey guys, I need to replace one of the spokes on my rear e13 alu TRS wheel from my 2017 YT CF Capra.

Can someone please advise where to buy a kit?

I found this, but it looks really expensive for just 4 spokes:

https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/e-thirteen-spoke-kits-p333396

https://thehiveglobal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204752825-e-thirteen-wheel-spoke-lengths

Just pick up some normal spokes at the right length if you need it cheaper.

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 7:18 Quote
Karve wrote:
A fairly decisive win for the Capra

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/canyon-torque-vs-yt-capra/

photo

Another Capra review from enduro mtb

photo

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/8-enduro-bikes-under-e-4500-in-review/

Posted: Jul 27, 2018 at 17:10 Quote
Just a head's up for USA YT customers. The new team in SoCal has no idea about, or access to any information about bikes before the 2017 model year. Most everyone there has only been aware of YT for a year or less (2018 model mainly). Brand new team, so that's to be expected, I suppose, but don't expect any help with advice or issues with older bikes. They will offer to email Europe for info. Not baggin on them, just sayin.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 4:21 Quote
How many clicks of rebound is the super deluxe rc3 supposed to have? Mine has 9 but the final 3 from open are really tight to get! I have to get both hands on and struggle to turn it! I'm wondering if it's arrived faulty and needs to go back to YT.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 5:32 Quote
dunkmoo wrote:
How many clicks of rebound is the super deluxe rc3 supposed to have? Mine has 9 but the final 3 from open are really tight to get! I have to get both hands on and struggle to turn it! I'm wondering if it's arrived faulty and needs to go back to YT.

Better to deal with sram directly as is a new shock, through yt will get ages to get it sorted!

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 8:33 Quote
Not a bad shout that. It does feel a bit fast even with full 9 clicks of rebound on. Makes a scratching noise too! Surely cant be right

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 13:50 Quote
My super deluxe R has a funky sound to it, but I think it’s just the seals breaking in. I also have to run 7 or 8 clicks to get the shock slowed down. Seems like the rebound tune is a little soft on the YT spec shocks.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 15:14 Quote
dunkmoo wrote:

Mine is the same, I run the rebound 3 clicks from turtle.

Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
Cheers for the answers dudes. I'm probably just being paranoid. It's reassuring to know that others are the same.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022342
Mobile Version of Website