YT Capra Owners

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 3:31 Quote
ethirteen-components wrote:
spl75 wrote:
My E13 TRS chain guide top slider is knackered, its the compact type and i cant find a replacement in stock anywhere in the UK.
It would seem the Lg1 version will also fit TRS ?
Any help appreciated.
Simon

Hey man! Shoot us a message at our European customer service email and we might be able to get you figured out. Shoot us a DM here if you need more information etc.

Its official E13 customer service is great!
They even asked for photos so they could check the back plate wasn't damaged before sending me a new slider.
I would recommend anyone with any issue of an E13 product contacts them direct....awesome.

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 12:24 Quote
Somebody knows if the super deluxe r of the Capra AL has the lock up or if is bobbing a lot during road rides?

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 12:32 Quote
Alfredothai wrote:
Somebody knows if the super deluxe r of the Capra AL has the lock up or if is bobbing a lot during road rides?

Doesn't have the lock up, but I find the bobbing is bad at all, however I'm not one to pound out a hill, so the bobbing doesn't matter that much to me.

Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 21:06 Quote
Alfredothai wrote:

Im pretty sure it doesn't have a lock out. The AL comp does though. For road riding it helps, but unless you are standing up and cranking up and down lots it isn't too bad.

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 7:47 Quote
Alfredothai wrote:

The Capra AL does NOT have a lockout. It comes with the OEM R version of the Super Deluxe and Lyrik. The AL Comp comes with the RC3 Super Deluxe & RCT3 Lyrik. Both have 3 positions (open, pedal, and firm).

For me, it make a huge difference for longer rides through flat singletrack, fire road climbs, and even some more technical climbing. If it's a more techy XC ride with constant climbing and descending though, I just leave it open. The bike pedals rather well even when fully open, but I do get a bit of bob when I start to mash gears. Also the rear on pedal or firm turns the bike into a rocket on flowy, flat singletrack.

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 8:23 Quote
Ok thanks for all the answers ,but even the lyric rc has no lockout mode?

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
The lyrik rc has a 13 click low speed compression dial, when you turn it all the way clockwise it locks

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 10:36 Quote
I got a Fox Float X2 for my 2017 CAPRA CF and I wanted you guys to critique my setup and see if I could make any improvements. This is how I’ve set my shock up so far. My riding weight is around 180 pounds.

1. Removed all internal tokens/spacers.
2. Set sag to 30% (psi was a little less then my riding weight)
3. LSR - set up using curb test while seated
4. HSR - 2 clicks slower then LSR to avoid getting bucked on big hits.
5. LSC - just enough to control pedal bob
6. HSC - fully open/soft bc Capra is very progressive bike and I can’t bottom out the shock even with all spacers removed.

I would love to hook up a shockwiz and see what it suggested. Probably will buy one in a few weeks. I’m sure there are improvements to be made, but it is already night and day better the Monarch it replaced.

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 11:48 Quote
wtmorgan1 wrote:
I got a Fox Float X2 for my 2017 CAPRA CF and I wanted you guys to critique my setup and see if I could make any improvements. This is how I’ve set my shock up so far. My riding weight is around 180 pounds.

6. HSC - fully open/soft bc Capra is very progressive bike and I can’t bottom out the shock even with all spacers removed.

I would love to hook up a shockwiz and see what it suggested. Probably will buy one in a few weeks. I’m sure there are improvements to be made, but it is already night and day better the Monarch it replaced.
Are you running it at 170mm travel? If so, are you aware the shock doesn't use 16mm of its shock length and you may in fact be bottoming out. I get 1mm from bottoming out on most rides with 3ft drops.
Is you sag set when seated, or in attack position?

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 12:14 Quote
radiorog wrote:
wtmorgan1 wrote:

Are you running it at 170mm travel? If so, are you aware the shock doesn't use 16mm of its shock length and you may in fact be bottoming out. I get 1mm from bottoming out on most rides with 3ft drops.

I set sag seated and yes 170mm of travel. Well it’s 70mm of shock stroke and the bike has the other 100mm built into the linkage. That’s the first i’ve ever heard of this and not to sound rude, but I don’t see how that makes sense. If I let all the air out of the shock I can compress the shock by hand and use 100% travel. While on the bike with no air I can compress the shock 100% until rear tire almost touches seat tube. Where did you hear this from? It’s very well documented on PB that the Capra is one of the most progressive long travel bikes on the market and using 100% of travel is difficult.

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
wtmorgan1 wrote:
radiorog wrote:
wtmorgan1 wrote:

I set sag seated and yes 170mm of travel. Well it’s 70mm of shock stroke and the bike has the other 100mm built into the linkage. That’s the first i’ve ever heard of this and not to sound rude, but I don’t see how that makes sense. If I let all the air out of the shock I can compress the shock by hand and use 100% travel. While on the bike with no air I can compress the shock 100% until rear tire almost touches seat tube. Where did you hear this from? It’s very well documented on PB that the Capra is one of the most progressive long travel bikes on the market and using 100% of travel is difficult.
Sorry mate, I was getting confused with the 2018 Capra, which doesn't use whole length of shock. If you let all air out on the 2018 170mm shock, it stops at 16mm left.
Yeah, the 2018 is less progressive also. Sorry I can't help further, as no experience of the earlier model..... Although, 30% seated could be on the firmer side. I initially ran 30% in attack position, and then reduced it to about 28% and I can feel it's a little firmer. 30% in attack felt great but bottomed out too easily, and ran a bit low in travel....making pedal strikes a possible issue on descent, and I didn't want to risk that....just yet.

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 15:00 Quote
Jooorgeee wrote:
Sorry if its been done to death but I'm looking for a size recommendation for a Capra 27.

I'm 5'11" (180cm) with 31" (79cm) inseam.

Currently ride a Yeti SB75 in medium which has a stack height of 620mm and a reach of 431mm. I use bars with a 15mm rise. The bike is comfortable for long rides but I'm not 100% sure I'm in the ideal attack position.

The reach puts me in a medium but the stack is more like an XL.

Your thoughts?

I'm 5'10" with 32" inseam and got a large AL Comp, 2018. The length is right on for me but the 150mm dropper is too long for my short legs. I put it down 2 clicks from full out. It's annoying to try and get it just the right height. Saving up for the OneUp components dropper.

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 20:27 Quote
Anyone know what the max seatpost insertion depth is on a XXL Capra 29?

Posted: Oct 9, 2018 at 23:59 Quote
Have any if you thrashed both a 650b and 29 new Capra?
My son is 6 foot and recently sold an old large Capra (because he found it too small). He's just undecided between wheel sizes. He's usually top ten on strava, including places like finale! But doesn't race, surprisingly.

Any experience from someone similar size that rides hard would be appreciated.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017578
Mobile Version of Website