YT Capra Owners

| Next Page
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
wtmorgan1 wrote:
adespotoskyli wrote:
Something is wrong here, are you refering to actual or effective sa? 9.5 deg just from a fork swap is quite a lot????????????

Sorry I meant 76 not 66. I corrected my original post. Yeah we’re only talking about a .5° difference but I am curious what is driving that

Getting 10mm more on the fork is usually about .5° on the HA and SA. So that's the main reason you have a different one.

If you decrease the fork travel, you will get the same static SA as the non Pro Race models. But, considering you also have more travel at the rear, with probably more sag (not in %, in mm), you will probably seat a little bit behind a normal Capra even with the fork at 160.

I would not changing anything, .5° is not a massive difference at all.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
stuartpenney wrote:
gramboh wrote:
stuartpenney wrote:

I spent yesterday riding a bike park with long climbs to the top again - the Capra took it all in its stride. I came from a Tranny Sentinel (AL) and the Capra 29 was better in both the ups and the downs. I didn't even touch the climb switch on the X2.

Get the frame sizing right and you'll be laughing. I'm 5'10 and ride a large.

How do you find the 29er Capra in the steeps in terms of buzzing your ass on the rear tire? I'm 5'10" but short legs/long torso (30" inseam). When I tried a Jeffsy 29er XL I found it awkward and buzzed my ass a bunch but to be fair the seat tube was waaaay to long on the bike for me so I was probably off the back farther than I should've been.

Thinking about Jeffsy/Capra 29er for next bike in a year or so, currently on Jeffsy 27 Large.

The reach on the XL would be what caused that dude. Size it right and you'll be fine! You need a large in Capra for your size. Medium is too short/small.

The XL I tried was the 2017 Jeffsy 29er though, reach was only 465mm, my large 27 Jeffsy is 460mm so pretty similar... As I said though the seat tube being so long made me ride off the back more than I like to... I need to just demo a 29er Capra or comparable geometry bike in size large to really know I guess.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
gramboh wrote:
stuartpenney wrote:
gramboh wrote:

How do you find the 29er Capra in the steeps in terms of buzzing your ass on the rear tire? I'm 5'10" but short legs/long torso (30" inseam). When I tried a Jeffsy 29er XL I found it awkward and buzzed my ass a bunch but to be fair the seat tube was waaaay to long on the bike for me so I was probably off the back farther than I should've been.

Thinking about Jeffsy/Capra 29er for next bike in a year or so, currently on Jeffsy 27 Large.

The reach on the XL would be what caused that dude. Size it right and you'll be fine! You need a large in Capra for your size. Medium is too short/small.

The XL I tried was the 2017 Jeffsy 29er though, reach was only 465mm, my large 27 Jeffsy is 460mm so pretty similar... As I said though the seat tube being so long made me ride off the back more than I like to... I need to just demo a 29er Capra or comparable geometry bike in size large to really know I guess.

I high seat tube is going to give you all sorts of problems in the gnar, and you may be at risk of squashing a bollock or two!! Reach on the Large Capra 29er is 460mm and seat tube is nice a low... sorted.

Posted: Feb 14, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Got a YT Capra CF Pro Race here for sale if anyone is interested!
In excellent condition, invisframed since new!
Size large, pm me!
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2324407/

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
My lower headset bearings are pretty much gone and they need replacement, but im not sure what bearings i can fit as the original ones are pretty hard to find.
Ive got 2018 al comp with azx-203 headset

Thanks.

Attek wrote:
My lower headset bearings are pretty much gone and they need replacement, but im not sure what bearings i can fit as the original ones are pretty hard to find.
Ive got 2018 al comp with azx-203 headset

Thanks.

I have same bike and mine are ready to go pretty soon. I was planning on just replacing the whole lower cup. Just buying a hope or cane creek mix and match lower. Than having a decent lower cup which going forward to easy to get bearings for.

Any ZS (zero stack) 56 headset will fit

I have this beauty coming my way, really excited for my first YT Capra!

Mahonrymtb wrote:

I have this beauty coming my way, really excited for my first YT Capra!

It will come quick, your distributor was quick in that area

Posted: 17 hours ago Quote
Anyone got this problem?

Posted: 14 hours ago Quote
ArkangeL wrote:
Anyone got this problem?

Yeah I couldn't post pics either.... Not sure I know how to help...

Posted: 12 hours ago Quote
ArkangeL wrote:
Anyone got this problem?

that doesn't look good
send them the photos

Posted: 6 hours ago Quote
FTFY

Definitely does not look good. If it's still under warranty, contact YT with the pictures

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028229
Mobile Version of Website