YT Capra Owners

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 15:49 Quote
almclox wrote:
Hi,
I'm thinking about buying Capra 27 AL and I'm confused between XL and XXL. I'm 6'5" and size table says XXL but I would like to ask you for advice. Maybe XL will be better. That's will be my first enduro bike.

Im 6'4" and went with XXL. It's the PERFECT size and this was also my first enduro bike having only owned DH bikes before.

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 21:59 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
almclox wrote:
Hi,
I'm thinking about buying Capra 27 AL and I'm confused between XL and XXL. I'm 6'5" and size table says XXL but I would like to ask you for advice. Maybe XL will be better. That's will be my first enduro bike.

XXL without any hesitation.

I'm 6ft and I'm on a XL which is spot on.

kwapik wrote:
At your height...XXL

Thank you Smile

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
Davidsym wrote:
almclox wrote:
Hi,

Im 6'4" and went with XXL. It's the PERFECT size and this was also my first enduro bike having only owned DH bikes before.

Thanks. So I will order XXL but it's available 17 April Frown

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 4:20 Quote
almclox wrote:
Hi,

I'm 5 foot 11 and ride an XL. You are definitely an XXL

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 4:45 Quote
almclox wrote:
Hi,

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=207729&pagenum=4#commentid6707505 check last post

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
Anyone run 29er wheels in their 27.5 Capra (mkII)? Stupid idea? What would happen to the geometry?

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
Hi everyone, I just ordered a 2018 Capra AL Comp and have a question. Is the wheelset (DT Swiss E1900 SPLINE 27.5") that comes with the bike tubeless ready or will I need to purchase a tubeless kit for it? If I need to purchase a kit does anyone have any recommendations? I'd rather convert to tubeless before assembling the bike since once it's together all I'm going to want to do is ride it.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
M1K3M0 wrote:
Hi everyone, I just ordered a 2018 Capra AL Comp and have a question. Is the wheelset (DT Swiss E1900 SPLINE 27.5") that comes with the bike tubeless ready or will I need to purchase a tubeless kit for it? If I need to purchase a kit does anyone have any recommendations? I'd rather convert to tubeless before assembling the bike since once it's together all I'm going to want to do is ride it.

Traditionally YT wheels come with tubes installed. I have had nothing but good luck with the e13 removable core valves (come in Black, Red or Blue) but they are probably not gonna come with the new bike. They really should. My 2018 TUES from November recently came as I described. Don't buy crappy valves - they will let you down eventually.

Edit - I thought my Capra came with e13 tape installed along with tubes buy I may be trippin on the tape part. Like the guy below said, Gorilla is good but so is e13 tape.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 17:12 Quote
M1K3M0 wrote:

Mine did not come tubeless ready (or at least I don't think so, I removed the rim strip and used tape). I believe that is the general consensus on this thread (that they don't come with tubeless tape).

As for tubeless kits, I'd just buy some gorilla tape, get a few valves and some sealant and toss it all together rather than buying a kit.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 7:11 Quote
I got the limited al Capra. Came tubless ready. It had the e13 wheelset. Even threw in the sealant too.

Gorilla tape is a one shot thing. Once you peel the tire off for whatever reason it peels the tape off. Better to just get the rim tape. Imo. It was a flippin headache.

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
M1K3M0 wrote:

I asked this questions a couple weeks ago to the Canadian rep when I ordered my AL Comp 2019 (so could be different) and he said this: "On the al comp you will need fluid and I would personally tape the wheel once more"

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
Pisgah4life wrote:
I got the limited al Capra. Came tubless ready. It had the e13 wheelset. Even threw in the sealant too.

Gorilla tape is a one shot thing. Once you peel the tire off for whatever reason it peels the tape off. Better to just get the rim tape. Imo. It was a flippin headache.

Huh.. maybe it was from improper install in the first place. I get about 5-6 tire take-offs before it starts peeling up. SOLD on Gorilla Tape.

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
code26 wrote:
Pisgah4life wrote:

Huh.. maybe it was from improper install in the first place. I get about 5-6 tire take-offs before it starts peeling up. SOLD on Gorilla Tape.

Same here

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
almclox wrote:
Davidsym wrote:
almclox wrote:
Hi,

Thanks. So I will order XXL but it's available 17 April Frown

i am 189cm and XL doesnt even feel like big bike so you should get XXL for sure

Posted: Feb 21, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
code26 wrote:
Pisgah4life wrote:

After repeated tire changes the green Maxi tape I use has never peeled or required replacement(except with trucker co sealant, nasty stuff)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025007
Mobile Version of Website