YT Capra Owners

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
Erotomania wrote:
code26 wrote:
Pisgah4life wrote:
I got the limited al Capra. Came tubless ready. It had the e13 wheelset. Even threw in the sealant too.

Gorilla tape is a one shot thing. Once you peel the tire off for whatever reason it peels the tape off. Better to just get the rim tape. Imo. It was a flippin headache.

Huh.. maybe it was from improper install in the first place. I get about 5-6 tire take-offs before it starts peeling up. SOLD on Gorilla Tape.

Same here

+1

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
Im looking for flickable bike to learn enduro and downhills on, height 5'6 / 168cm.

Would it be stupid to buy 27 capra if i also want to ride alot trails on it? There are ski lifts half hour away where i can go weekly but not daily, and one smaller hill at ski center that guys ride enduro on summertime. You have to pedal or push to top. I like trail riding too and i do 12-18 mile / ~20-30km rides with local guys, at least couple times per week on summetime.

So far i've owned 29 xc hardtail and 26 inch 4.7 tire fat bike. They both have huge and heavyish wheels which are great on trails with roots for rollover but i feel they are hard to manouver and do fun stuff around, more just riding over everything.

Would capra be too sluggish to have any fun on flat trails? Its very techy natural tho, alot huge rocks, zero smooth anywhere. Hardtail just bounces around.

27 jeffsy is option too but my pricepoint would get me only fox 34 rhytmh suspension, and i don't know if thats up to uplift days.

I never got to try 27 enduro bikes so i don't know how they behave. I just like narrow tires for how sharp riding they feel compared to my fatbike which is still great on snow in winter.

Brain says enduro bikes/capra would be too much travel but channels like gmbn show how fun they seem to be even on fun slower speed stuff, just general manualing, wheelie etc. Just need a fun bike with smaller wheels that can take some beating.

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
fatnrad wrote:
Im looking for flickable bike to learn enduro and downhills on, height 5'6 / 168cm.

Would it be stupid to buy 27 capra if i also want to ride alot trails on it? There are ski lifts half hour away where i can go weekly but not daily, and one smaller hill at ski center that guys ride enduro on summertime. You have to pedal or push to top. I like trail riding too and i do 12-18 mile / ~20-30km rides with local guys, at least couple times per week on summetime.

So far i've owned 29 xc hardtail and 26 inch 4.7 tire fat bike. They both have huge and heavyish wheels which are great on trails with roots for rollover but i feel they are hard to manouver and do fun stuff around, more just riding over everything.

Would capra be too sluggish to have any fun on flat trails? Its very techy natural tho, alot huge rocks, zero smooth anywhere. Hardtail just bounces around.

27 jeffsy is option too but my pricepoint would get me only fox 34 rhytmh suspension, and i don't know if thats up to uplift days.

I never got to try 27 enduro bikes so i don't know how they behave. I just like narrow tires for how sharp riding they feel compared to my fatbike which is still great on snow in winter.

Brain says enduro bikes/capra would be too much travel but channels like gmbn show how fun they seem to be even on fun slower speed stuff, just general manualing, wheelie etc. Just need a fun bike with smaller wheels that can take some beating.

20-30km on Capra isnt a problem. It climbs pretty well and pedals ok. Its not XC bike but you can go trail raiding without problems, especialy with climb switch on rear shock.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
ddbiked wrote:
fatnrad wrote:

20-30km on Capra isnt a problem. It climbs pretty well and pedals ok. Its not XC bike but you can go trail raiding without problems, especialy with climb switch on rear shock.
+1
It's a great bike for trails, and you really won't think you have too much travel. Your riding will get faster, and you'll feel at home with it very quickly. You can ride this bike on the road and it would make you happy.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 20:54 Quote
code26 wrote:
Pisgah4life wrote:
I got the limited al Capra. Came tubless ready. It had the e13 wheelset. Even threw in the sealant too.

Gorilla tape is a one shot thing. Once you peel the tire off for whatever reason it peels the tape off. Better to just get the rim tape. Imo. It was a flippin headache.

Huh.. maybe it was from improper install in the first place. I get about 5-6 tire take-offs before it starts peeling up. SOLD on Gorilla Tape.

Hmmm...wouldn’t doubt itSmile

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
Does anyone know if you could get your bike earlier than the available date on the website?

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 at 23:36 Quote
It has happened occasionally in the past, but not too often.

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 0:14 Quote
Looking at the 2019 al comp. Anyone with 2018 capra whos 5'3"? I heard the geo hasnt changed? Im on the fence between a small and a medium. How does it feel for those who are on the upper limits of the smaller recommended size vs lower limits of larger size?
My ride style is playful with usually technical trails with rocks and roots. I always go for the skinnies, ladders, drops, jumps and steep rolls that i can get my bike off of those trails.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
Question, I have an 18 Capra 27.5 CF Pro,I’m considering replacing it with a new Tues, as I only really use this bike for lift assisted bike park use. I prefer my hardtail for trail rides.

I have no intentions of doing downhill races or anything like that, just bike park stuff. Would I be better off to just slap a dual crown 200mm fork on the Capra and removing the shock spacer to open the rear travel to 180mm? How much difference will there really be between the two bikes for this purpose?

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 16:22 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Question, I have an 18 Capra 27.5 CF Pro,I’m considering replacing it with a new Tues, as I only really use this bike for lift assisted bike park use. I prefer my hardtail for trail rides.

I have no intentions of doing downhill races or anything like that, just bike park stuff. Would I be better off to just slap a dual crown 200mm fork on the Capra and removing the shock spacer to open the rear travel to 180mm? How much difference will there really be between the two bikes for this purpose?

I have both, and have ridden both in the park at whistler...although the Capra is a very capable park bike I much prefer the tues. the headangle, suspension, stiffness (wheels/forks/frame) is way better for fast tech, big jumps etc. Also it’s more fore giving when you make errors. Yes it’s heavier but meh...who cares. If you make those changes to your Capra you’re just trying to make a park bike out of a AM bike and I don’t think you get the benefits of a full DH bike...and you end up beating the crap out of your AM bike. I also think it would be weird cause your front end would be heavy, yet the bike will feel squirly because head angle hasn’t changed and you will still feel the flex from the suspension and frame design. Although pedalling from the lift to the trail head would be wonderfulSmile I would recommend getting the right tool for the job.

Posted: Feb 25, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
Mahonrymtb wrote:
Does anyone know if you could get your bike earlier than the available date on the website?

Pick it up at their office

Posted: Feb 27, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
A warm February means Fort William is open for bikes already! Sure you could watch Minnaar or Bruni or even Claudio batter down the World Cup track, making it look all smooth and easy but then what are you learning? Yesterday I hit every hole, rarely rode on the right line and bottled out of pretty much ever jump or gap on my Capra 29....like a normal human being! Big Grin

Views: 752    Faves: 0    Comments: 4

Posted: Feb 28, 2019 at 2:52 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
noopS wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:

It's fair to say that I'm pretty impatient. So I've just done a permanet experiment, it seems that this is the travel reducing spacer in the Super D on the 2018 YT Capra AL Comp. By taking it out it increases travel to 180mm.

Word of warning, I cut it out with sharp electrician's side cutters (snips), the plastic is very brittle and I was glad I wore eye protection! I didn't take the second washer off, so maybe the travel is approximately 178.5mm? Ok for now Wink

Ex-Super D spacer from YT Capra

i did the same thing to my CF. how many volume spacers are in your shock? only asking since i bought mine used and it has none and needs at least one for me.

deluxe coil would be nice. if you could ever find one that size.. with climb switch

Mine had 2 in, plus the grey spacer which will act like one. So i added another after removing the grey travel reducer. I may go back to 2 as it feels very progressive at 30% sag

Does the al base 29er version of 2019 comes with a travel reducer too ?
If yes, of how much the spacer reduces the travel ?
And does the fork comes with the same spacer ?
Thanks for your answers.
Tom.

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 0:39 Quote
Hi everyone,
I have a 2018 Capra cf, I’m wanting to change the rear shock to Fox x2 like the one on the cf pro, size is 250 x 75 metric, I just can’t find one for sale anywhere!! Does anybody know where I can buy one from? Thanks

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 1:17 Quote
Azzertom wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
noopS wrote:

i did the same thing to my CF. how many volume spacers are in your shock? only asking since i bought mine used and it has none and needs at least one for me.

deluxe coil would be nice. if you could ever find one that size.. with climb switch

Mine had 2 in, plus the grey spacer which will act like one. So i added another after removing the grey travel reducer. I may go back to 2 as it feels very progressive at 30% sag

Does the al base 29er version of 2019 comes with a travel reducer too ?
If yes, of how much the spacer reduces the travel ?
And does the fork comes with the same spacer ?
Thanks for your answers.
Tom.

Yeah it does, look at the post # 14, regarding the forks - if they are Lyriks you will need a new air shaft, costs about 35 quid

https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/air-shock-stroke-adjustments-via-bumpers-what-changes-1076592.html

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034969
Mobile Version of Website