YT Capra Owners

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 3:17 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
Azzertom wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:

Mine had 2 in, plus the grey spacer which will act like one. So i added another after removing the grey travel reducer. I may go back to 2 as it feels very progressive at 30% sag

Does the al base 29er version of 2019 comes with a travel reducer too ?
If yes, of how much the spacer reduces the travel ?
And does the fork comes with the same spacer ?
Thanks for your answers.
Tom.

Yeah it does, look at the post # 14, regarding the forks - if they are Lyriks you will need a new air shaft, costs about 35 quid

https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/air-shock-stroke-adjustments-via-bumpers-what-changes-1076592.html

And does removing the reducer could be dangerous for the shock or the frame of the YT Capra in general. Because
even if the carbon version has the same geometry the the alloy version, isn’t it bad to change the travel on the alloy
version ?
I’m waiting for your feedback.
Tom.

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
Azzertom wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
Azzertom wrote:

Thanks for your answers.
Tom.

Yeah it does, look at the post # 14, regarding the forks - if they are Lyriks you will need a new air shaft, costs about 35 quid

https://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/air-shock-stroke-adjustments-via-bumpers-what-changes-1076592.html

And does removing the reducer could be dangerous for the shock or the frame of the YT Capra in general. Because
even if the carbon version has the same geometry the the alloy version, isn’t it bad to change the travel on the alloy
version ?
Tom.

I believe the rear shock has no issues with removing the spacer. The fork may be more flexible and might slacken your headtube angle but neither of those should harm your bike.

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
rikfarr wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have a 2018 Capra cf, I’m wanting to change the rear shock to Fox x2 like the one on the cf pro, size is 250 x 75 metric, I just can’t find one for sale anywhere!! Does anybody know where I can buy one from? Thanks

if you were in the US, I'd say Fox.

Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 23:17 Quote
Azzertom wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
Azzertom wrote:

Thanks for your answers.
Tom.

version ?
Tom.
If anything, taking the extra 5mm hard stop out of the shock will make it less likely to physically bottom out. In my opinion this will protect the shock from damage, rather than increase risk of damage.

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
rikfarr wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have a 2018 Capra cf, I’m wanting to change the rear shock to Fox x2 like the one on the cf pro, size is 250 x 75 metric, I just can’t find one for sale anywhere!! Does anybody know where I can buy one from? Thanks

Yeah, we have Fox racing in the UK, and they'd be my first port of call. Give them a ring. I'd guess they can make one up with the exact same damping as the ones specced.

Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
radiorog wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
rikfarr wrote:
Hi everyone,

Yeah, we have Fox racing in the UK, and they'd be my first port of call. Give them a ring. I'd guess they can make one up with the exact same damping as the ones specced.

Unless there has been a change for 2019, fox will not sell you a float x2 in 250x70 or 250/75. They’re made specially for OE orders and they don’t inventory any spares. DHX2 is the only fox shock available.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 14:59 Quote
Is there some tall guys (above 6.4 foot) that are riding the 29er Capra in xxl ?
I’d like to know how the bike feels especially if you can have a good position for climbing (is you can get your legs straight on the saddle) because I have tall legs and I want some information about this.
Also another thing that I’d like to know is how the xxl is handed long the switchbacks and the technical stuff. I’m just asking if the long reach and wheelbase is penalizing in the tight stuff.

Thanks for your answers,
Ride hard,
Tom.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 15:01 Quote
notphaedrus wrote:
Azzertom wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:

version ?
Tom.
If anything, taking the extra 5mm hard stop out of the shock will make it less likely to physically bottom out. In my opinion this will protect the shock from damage, rather than increase risk of damage.

So technically you can have 170mm of travel in the rear by removing the spacer.
Just a question also : does adding some travel change the geometry ?

Thanks for your answers,
Ride hard,
Tom.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 0:01 Quote
Azzertom wrote:
Is there some tall guys (above 6.4 foot) that are riding the 29er Capra in xxl ?
I’d like to know how the bike feels especially if you can have a good position for climbing (is you can get your legs straight on the saddle) because I have tall legs and I want some information about this.
Also another thing that I’d like to know is how the xxl is handed long the switchbacks and the technical stuff. I’m just asking if the long reach and wheelbase is penalizing in the tight stuff.

Thanks for your answers,
Ride hard,
Tom.

I’m 6’4 and have an XXL. It’s very comfortable for climbing but it’s not the best climber. The seat tube could do with bring steeper as I find the front wheels lifts and moves about on steeper climbs.

It’s fine on anything steep and tight. If coming from a smaller bike you’ll get used to it quickly. You’ll just need to change your body position a bit.

Have you thought about the new Jeffsy? I might of got one of these if they were around at the time I bought mine

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 0:21 Quote
tbgd wrote:
Azzertom wrote:

Thanks for your answers,
Ride hard,
Tom.

I’m 6’4 and have an XXL. It’s very comfortable for climbing but it’s not the best climber. The seat tube could do with bring steeper as I find the front wheels lifts and moves about on steeper climbs.

It’s fine on anything steep and tight. If coming from a smaller bike you’ll get used to it quickly. You’ll just need to change your body position a bit.

Have you thought about the new Jeffsy? I might of got one of these if they were around at the time I bought mine

I have thought about it but I would feel more comfortable with the 160mm travel than the 150mm.
I’m planning on going in bike parks and I’m worried about the 150mm travel. I know the carbon models have 160mm of travel but I’m can’t afford more than 2500€.
Anyway I’m also planning on going in bike festival where I’m gonna ride both of these bikes.

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 0:49 Quote
tbgd wrote:
Azzertom wrote:

Thanks for your answers,
Ride hard,
Tom.

Also does putting the flip chip on high bb mode correct the shot or doesn’t do anything on these problems ?

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
Azzertom wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
Azzertom wrote:

version ?
Tom.

So technically you can have 170mm of travel in the rear by removing the spacer.
Just a question also : does adding some travel change the geometry ?

Thanks for your answers,
Ride hard,
Tom.

No, the eye to eye length is unchanged. The only travel you are adding is in the last 10mm of the stroke.

Just get the cutters out and get more travel!

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
Has anyone on a 2018 Capra 27,5/29er made a change to his Lyrik with a 36 fork?What about the torque caps of TRS Hub?They are bigger because of the lyrik and wheel cant be fit on 36 fork.

Are there any other torque caps for Fox specific ?

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
Same for Germany, just send in the post, it comes back to you working fine

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 1:10 Quote
Geo325ti wrote:
Has anyone on a 2018 Capra 27,5/29er made a change to his Lyrik with a 36 fork?What about the torque caps of TRS Hub?They are bigger because of the lyrik and wheel cant be fit on 36 fork.

Are there any other torque caps for Fox specific ?
they are only for rockshox.
having said that don't know why you would need them, i have a 36 in my 29er and have no problem threre, i had to change my e.13 wheels, but that was because i was forcing the tire on to the rear of the bike while cornering, and it was because of the rim and it being 28h, not the hub. hope pro 4 with a 32h dt swiss ex 511 later and i don't have any problem. and if i had that problem and weight 73 kg, i can imagine heavier people

Views: 162    Faves: 0    Comments: 7

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022340
Mobile Version of Website