YT Capra Owners

O+
Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
hahanson wrote:
Elikk wrote:
Hey there!
In the market for a new bike and really like the look of the YT Capra 29. I'm thinking about the al base model.
Read a lot of different information about customer service the quality of the frames etc... Honestly I don't care about the shitty customer support that much (probably up until something happens haha) I'm 6"5 and just below 200 pounds.
Anyone who is roughly the same dimensions as me ? What size did you go with? Would you buy from YT again, what do you like about your capra what is annoying (beside's the water bottle cage), what's limiting in this bike ?

P.S. I'm mostly going to be riding the northshore in Vancouver and bike parks. (anyone who has a xxl capra in van that I could look at ? :oopsSmile

Cheers!

Early on I think YT has some frame issues, but that's long in the past.

I've had 2 issues on 2 different bikes and have had nothing but excellent service from YT. The most recent was my new Capra which arrived and had no pressure in the front brake. I called them, they shipped me out a new one, I replaced and sent the old one back. Easy Peasy.

Prior issue on my Tues was sticky lever on Guide brakes. They had me take it to a LBS who replaced under the SRAM warranty, but for whatever reason they said only parts were covered and charged me $78 for labor. YT cut me a check for the $78.

I have finally had the chance to ride my Capra 29, and I gotta say... I think I'm falling in love.

That's sweet ! Which model did you get ? Al base, comp etc...

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 2:03 Quote
Just wondering. Is the Latest models, the cf's. Does the cf pro compatible with an upgrade to 180mm rear suspension coming from 170? It would be easier to get the Cf pro race but I just cant say no to that candy red color. Cheers!

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
Do the 2019 Capra AL Base have any known issues? Considering buying one tonight

Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Do the 2019 Capra AL Base have any known issues? Considering buying one tonight

I've got the 2018 AL base and have had no issues with it at all to date. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2019 at 16:01 Quote
I have the 2019 AL Comp and the thing is super dope. No issues here.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 9:43 Quote
I'm trying to get my 2017 Capra ready to sell and it is making some really weird cracking / popping noises when I push down really hard on the bike while standing on pedals, pop a wheelie or when I'm applying power up a steep hill. I swear it sounds just like plastic cracking which makes me think its the carbon that's broke, but I'm assuming that's not it. I have the black Capra, so checking for cracks in the Carbon is almost impossible.

List of what I've done:
1. Stem / Bars torqued to spec
2. Seat post torqued but happens also while out of seat.
3. Removed cranks / chainring and torqued.
4. Just had rear hub rebuilt by E13 and still does it.

Does this sound like a bottom bracket / pivot bearing issue to you guys?

I don't think its coming from suspension as rear Float X2 is 6 months old and Lyrik has had all service intervals preformed and both feel silky smooth.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
Sounds like a bottom bracket... Had a carbon bike before and it does sound like plastic cracking.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
Does any PF30 73mm wide bottom bracket fit the 2017 Capra's or do I have to use the RaceFace PF30? This truvativi is half the price and probably just as crappy as the raceface, but I've never messed with pressfit BB before.

https://www.amazon.com/Truvativ-Pressfit-30-Bottom-Bracket/dp/B003L9KJOY/ref=asc_df_B003L9KJOY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312144750238&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9711752552045685033&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010614&hvtargid=pla-717169504272&psc=1#customerReviews

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
wtmorgan1 wrote:
I'm trying to get my 2017 Capra ready to sell and it is making some really weird cracking / popping noises when I push down really hard on the bike while standing on pedals, pop a wheelie or when I'm applying power up a steep hill. I swear it sounds just like plastic cracking which makes me think its the carbon that's broke, but I'm assuming that's not it. I have the black Capra, so checking for cracks in the Carbon is almost impossible.

List of what I've done:

I don't think its coming from suspension as rear Float X2 is 6 months old and Lyrik has had all service intervals preformed and both feel silky smooth.

Some early trs+ E13 cassettes creak under load, at the interface of 2 cog assemblies. Could be worth checking if you have E13 cassette fitted.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
col404 wrote:
wtmorgan1 wrote:

List of what I've done:

Some early trs+ E13 cassettes creak under load, at the interface of 2 cog assemblies. Could be worth checking if you have E13 cassette fitted.

Actually my bike is the 2017 Capra CF that came with the SRAM 11speed cassette, but you are right E13 had some creaking issues early on

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 2:48 Quote
I'm soon to order a Capra 29 AL, and i am choosing between the base and comp versions, the comp version seems like a great deal for the cost

i would like to service my own suspension (at least the fork, the float x2 seems to require a lot of expensive tools to do it so not sure about his one)
i am in Europe and i can't seem to find parts (seals...) to service the fox 36 and float x2 on some of the big online bike stores like Bike24, Bikediscount, Bikecomponents, Chain Reaction Cycles

while the same stores have plenty of service kits for RS forks/shocks

people from Europe (or within the EU) that work on their fox suspensions, where do you get the parts?

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 3:21 Quote
ChaosZ wrote:
I'm soon to order a Capra 29 AL, and i am choosing between the base and comp versions, the comp version seems like a great deal for the cost

i would like to service my own suspension (at least the fork, the float x2 seems to require a lot of expensive tools to do it so not sure about his one)
i am in Europe and i can't seem to find parts (seals...) to service the fox 36 and float x2 on some of the big online bike stores like Bike24, Bikediscount, Bikecomponents, Chain Reaction Cycles

while the same stores have plenty of service kits for RS forks/shocks

people from Europe (or within the EU) that work on their fox suspensions, where do you get the parts?

I use TF Tuned in the UK for RS stuff but they also stock Fox seal kits and will ship to Europe although not cheap to ship.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
I am 5'10" and own a large 2018 Capra AL Comp and love the reach and feel of the bike. I have a short inseam (somewhere between 29" or 30") and so the 150mm e*13 dropper is too tall for me. For those of you who have this dropper, you know that when it is fully inserted, the shape of it makes it stick up about 10mm higher than it should. I decided to invest in the OneUp Components dropper and it came in last night. I didn't have time to install it but I held it up to the frame and I have noticed with both at the lowest setting the OneUp unit will easily give 20mm more drop. It sits much lower in the frame and the bracket that holds the seat rails are much lower. I will keep everyone posted after I get some hours on this but super excited so far.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
One Up makes good stuff. If it sits much lower than my Transfer I’ll consider it when the time to rebuild the Fox comes.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
Yes I like their stuff so far. I have their flat pedals and thinking of getting the new carbon bars eventually

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023583
Mobile Version of Website