YT Capra Owners

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
code26 wrote:
wtmorgan1 wrote:
I also emailed YT last night, but haven't heard back just yet. I know back when I bought my 2017 Capra CF, people who purchased the Pro Race versions were also getting E-thirteen tubeless valves.

It's really no big deal if I have to order some.

What's more depressing is installing the back wheel with this damn Shimano XTR derailleur. With Sram's cage lock on my 2017 model, I can pull a wheel on and off in like 10 seconds. I spent 20 mins last night trying to figure out how to hold the chain back and also slide the wheel at the same time by myself. lol I guess I'll have to start asking for a third hand when removing a wheel.... and yes I have the clutch switched to off and it didn't help matters.

Hold the top of the wheel with your left hand.
Hold the derailleur back with your right hand.
Slide wheel into place.
Use right hand to hold wheel.
Insert axle with left hand.
10 seconds or less for me with the clutch still on.

Well glad to know that its just me then. I'm sure with time it will become second nature for me as well.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
wtmorgan1 wrote:
Just got my new Capra 29er Pro
Race and it didn’t come with with E-thirteens tubeless valves. I know I’ve read on here where others have gotten them, but maybe that was earlier years.

Anybody received their pro race that can confirm no tubeless valves?

i recently contacted yt to ask about tubeless on the al version, they said that it comes with tubeless tape on the rims and valves in the box, don't know why it would be any different for the carbon versions, maybe they forgot to put some in yours

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
ChaosZ wrote:
wtmorgan1 wrote:
Just got my new Capra 29er Pro
Race and it didn’t come with with E-thirteens tubeless valves. I know I’ve read on here where others have gotten them, but maybe that was earlier years.

Anybody received their pro race that can confirm no tubeless valves?

i recently contacted yt to ask about tubeless on the al version, they said that it comes with tubeless tape on the rims and valves in the box, don't know why it would be any different for the carbon versions, maybe they forgot to put some in yours

I've bought 2 YT CF bikes and never got tubeless valve stems. e13 are the stems I like - seems like they should include those since they are already in bed with them.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
Re-post from the YT sub, but this thread looks more active...

I just got my Capra 29 AL and had planned on upgrading the Super Deluxe R shock to something with more adjustability and a pedal mode. I bought a take off Super Deluxe RCT for about half RRP, but have realised that the shock tune is MM rather than the ML tune that comes on the Capra. The shock came from a 2019 Santa Cruz Nomad I believe.

Is this going to be a big deal? I can't seem to find much on the SRAM website about the parts required to change the tune, only stuff for the Monarch.

Thanks

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 14:32 Quote
PetrolHead209 wrote:
Re-post from the YT sub, but this thread looks more active...

I just got my Capra 29 AL and had planned on upgrading the Super Deluxe R shock to something with more adjustability and a pedal mode. I bought a take off Super Deluxe RCT for about half RRP, but have realised that the shock tune is MM rather than the ML tune that comes on the Capra. The shock came from a 2019 Santa Cruz Nomad I believe.

Is this going to be a big deal? I can't seem to find much on the SRAM website about the parts required to change the tune, only stuff for the Monarch.

Thanks

Not going to be a big deal. Might as well run it 'as-is' then make changes if you feel you need to.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 2:51 Quote
Anyone had issues with the e thirteen wide range cassette on the 2018 Capra 29 CF dropping the chain when you back pedal or roll the bike backwards? I had a good look at mine and it looks like the top 3 gears are slightly warped as they are on there own sprocket. As the cassette rorates the teeth move side to side which causes it to miss the chain and push it down the cassette causing the derailleur to jam.

I emailed YT and they said it's a known issue and to contact e thirteen. I don't want to go to the effort if its a common problem and I get another warped replacement, I might just go for a shimano XT wide range cassette instead.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 3:05 Quote
Daire wrote:
Anyone had issues with the e thirteen wide range cassette on the 2018 Capra 29 CF dropping the chain when you back pedal or roll the bike backwards? I had a good look at mine and it looks like the top 3 gears are slightly warped as they are on there own sprocket. As the cassette rorates the teeth move side to side which causes it to miss the chain and push it down the cassette causing the derailleur to jam.

I emailed YT and they said it's a known issue and to contact e thirteen. I don't want to go to the effort if its a common problem and I get another warped replacement, I might just go for a shimano XT wide range cassette instead.

Hi.
I have the same issue with my jeffsy 2018.
Same e13 cassete, and after 1000km it start wobble as much as i have problem with gearing.
Unfortunatly i have to replace casette and rotor as well. E13 and YT didn't help me at all.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 3:55 Quote
rpa87 wrote:
Hi.
Same e13 cassete, and after 1000km it start wobble as much as i have problem with gearing.
Unfortunatly i have to replace casette and rotor as well. E13 and YT didn't help me at all.

YT have acknowledged the issue for me, you should maybe try them again. I'm hoping that its just the cassette and not the freehub thats not straight but because it doesnt happen in gears 4-11 it leads me to believe its just the larger part of the 2 piece system thats warped. It's not a huge issue but it is annoying that whenever i roll the bike backwards more than a foot or two the chain comes off and jams.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
As anyone as a crotch of more than 98cm and can tell how the xxl size on the al base 29er feels in terms of sizing.

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 4:57 Quote
Daire wrote:
rpa87 wrote:
Hi.

YT have acknowledged the issue for me, you should maybe try them again. I'm hoping that its just the cassette and not the freehub thats not straight but because it doesnt happen in gears 4-11 it leads me to believe its just the larger part of the 2 piece system thats warped. It's not a huge issue but it is annoying that whenever i roll the bike backwards more than a foot or two the chain comes off and jams.

Just know that the freehub is XD for the e*13 cassette and all Shimano 11-speeds are HG. If you switch to XT you will need a new freehub. Much cheaper than converting to SRAM parts to match the freehub but good thing to know.

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 6:02 Quote
Just order a 29 al base, any recommendation for a good bash guard? Also, what does everyone use for frame protection? Debating if I should change the color to the blue so I can pick it up right away lol. The gray looks so nice tho but waiting till June gonna suck.

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
shawnpen13 wrote:
Just order a 29 al base, any recommendation for a good bash guard? Also, what does everyone use for frame protection? Debating if I should change the color to the blue so I can pick it up right away lol. The gray looks so nice tho but waiting till June gonna suck.
I think you should go with the blue it looks rad, I just ordered 3m tape from Amazon for like 15 bucks and cut and applied it myself. For bash guards I use a mrp amg v2

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 7:48 Quote
shawnpen13 wrote:
I use the blackspire crusher, it’s minimalist and works fantastic. I bought some frame protection from crankskins, super thick stuff, I prefer that over the 3m.

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
Yeah I’m debating the blue just cause I already want to ride haha. Thanks for the suggestions!

Anyone run any kind of downtube armor or guard? Want to keep my new purchase safe lol.

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
Get a bit of kydex of ebay, and make it what ever size you need.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011858
Mobile Version of Website