YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
Hey dudes,

Have a 2018 YT Capra CF with Code RS Brakes and need some new pads. I know the RS model is only OEM so was wondering what model pads would fit? Can see online they sell for Code R and RSC which are the retail models.

Any recommendations on brand and type for UK based would be appreciated.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
Jibbaman28 wrote:
No I havent reduced travel on the 40.
Had my first laps on it yesterday at Highland. Didnt take long to get used to. Jumps really well and corners great. Chainstays are a bit shorter than the Tues, so its snappy in the rear.

I contemplated doing this with my Capra, really conflicted between that or just selling it and getting a Tues. I have other bikes for pedally rides anyways. Have you ridden a new Tues, interested in how they’d compare with this fork on the front and 180mm rear travel.

I have a 2016 large Tues CF that I took the 40 from. So far I still have the rear at the stock 170, but compared with the Tues, its more poppy and playful while still keeping its composure in the gnarly stuff. I plan on changing out the rear shock at some point with a 75mm stroke to get 180 out back.

You don’t have to replace the shock, just remove the air can and carefully cut out the 5mm spacer off of the shock shaft, which can be a little risky I suppose, or send it in and have it removed.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
nofx007 wrote:
Hey dudes,

Have a 2018 YT Capra CF with Code RS Brakes and need some new pads. I know the RS model is only OEM so was wondering what model pads would fit? Can see online they sell for Code R and RSC which are the retail models.

Cheers

Code R, RS, and RSC all use the same pads.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
Camstyn wrote:

You don’t have to replace the shock, just remove the air can and carefully cut out the 5mm spacer off of the shock shaft, which can be a little risky I suppose, or send it in and have it removed.

I thought of doing that too but I think I want to go to a coil.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
synaps-e wrote:
Guys, what can cause a noise around a bottom bracket area under load peddaling? Just after a couple of rides on my Capra 2019 al base.
I thought about suspension bolts, but when I push the suspension staying on the pedals horizontally - there is no noise.
Seems that my rear shifter is ok also.

If you have a plastic preloader on your cranks give that a small tighten, it only needs 0.5 NM torque otherwise it breaks, but retightening mine worked.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
nofx007 wrote:
Hey dudes,

Cheers
Uber bikes race matrix are top stoppers for UK.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
dchardy wrote:
Hiya I’m moving to Snowdonia in wales in September, I have a decent budget (we had 6 bikes stolen dec 17 so have the insurance money) and me and my wife are trying to work out what the best path to take is.

1: Jeffsy cf pro 29 + Capra al 29 for me (I’m 5’10)
And a jeffsy cf pro 27.5 + Capra 27.5 for her (she is 5’3)

2: get a Capra cf pro race each as our one bike

3: get decoy each as our one bike

Any input and suggestions welcome
Good insurance. How do you go about I during that many bikes? I'm struggling to get just one covered.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
Not sure where you are on this decision, but if you have the terrain for the Capra, it can easily be your one and only bike. I am sure others would say the same for the Jeffsy. In that regard, I would go either Capra or Jeffsy CF Pro race as a single bike and be real happy

radiorog wrote:
dchardy wrote:
Hiya I’m moving to Snowdonia in wales in September, I have a decent budget (we had 6 bikes stolen dec 17 so have the insurance money) and me and my wife are trying to work out what the best path to take is.

Good insurance. How do you go about I during that many bikes? I'm struggling to get just one covered.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
Cannonbill wrote:
Not sure where you are on this decision, but if you have the terrain for the Capra, it can easily be your one and only bike. I am sure others would say the same for the Jeffsy. In that regard, I would go either Capra or Jeffsy CF Pro race as a single bike and be real happy

radiorog wrote:
dchardy wrote:

Or get a Jeffsy each for Coed Y Brenin, Penmachno, Dyfi etc and a Tues each for Antur Stiniog, Bike Park Wales etc and other places with uplift.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 4:29 Quote
radiorog wrote:
dchardy wrote:

Just added them to home insurance only put the price up buy 113 a year for 6 bikes (from a 500 hardtail to a 3350 full sus)

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
I have an issue with spare parts - I lost horst link bolt cap for my Capra '18 during shuttling (pick up option was really shaky) and the EU website says the horst link sets are sold out. They seem available in the US website and the service does not reply for 4rd straight day. Did anybody order spares from the US shop recently? How long does it take to deliver them? I have a colleague traveling here for work from Atlanta week after next, but need to be sure if this can be delivered.

If anybody had a similar situation with parts not being available, maybe there's another workaround? The service is silent and this is driving me mad, cause I can't ride my Capra (lots of plans already made) and need to settle for bikes that are just not that well.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
Hey everyone, i'm in the market for a Capra but having trouble picking what size. I'm 5'8" which puts me in between a M and L on YT's sizing chart. I have shorter legs. If you are around 5'8" could you tell me what size you went for? Will a L be too big for me?

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
aczo wrote:
I have an issue with spare parts - I lost horst link bolt cap for my Capra '18 during shuttling (pick up option was really shaky) and the EU website says the horst link sets are sold out. They seem available in the US website and the service does not reply for 4rd straight day. Did anybody order spares from the US shop recently? How long does it take to deliver them? I have a colleague traveling here for work from Atlanta week after next, but need to be sure if this can be delivered.

If anybody had a similar situation with parts not being available, maybe there's another workaround? The service is silent and this is driving me mad, cause I can't ride my Capra (lots of plans already made) and need to settle for bikes that are just not that well.

Instead of emailing YT USA, call them at 1-833-982-4537 and have them check the availability of what you need. Hours are 8:30-5:30 pst.

Shipping from California to Georgia is 2-3 days with Priority (USPS) — Express Saver (FedEx) — 3-day Select (UPS). Of course it can be there quicker if needed.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
I'm in the US and ordered parts this week. I'll let you know the shipping turnaround when I receive.

aczo wrote:

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 2:35 Quote
Tempted to buy a 240x76 fox coil for a 27 capra and use 3mm offset bushings at each end to make it an effective 246x76 shock. Anyone done similar?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026343
Mobile Version of Website