YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 4:57 Quote
i was considering this but the problem is the bushing will have to face outwards to make it longer. i'm pretty sure they will work their way round in no time from the shock movement. I did speak to the guy from offset bushings and confirmed this.

If you have a shock you can try it's worth testing it out. I just wouldn't be too quick in paying out on a new shock.

one thing you can do is shorten the next size up. I have done this. I took a Vivid coil and put 17mm spacer inside on shaft. making the shock length 250mm, with stroke of 72mm. This worked a treat.

photo

photo

ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Tempted to buy a 240x76 fox coil for a 27 capra and use 3mm offset bushings at each end to make it an effective 246x76 shock. Anyone done similar?

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Hey everyone, i'm in the market for a Capra but having trouble picking what size. I'm 5'8" which puts me in between a M and L on YT's sizing chart. I have shorter legs. If you are around 5'8" could you tell me what size you went for? Will a L be too big for me?

I'm 5'11" and ride a medium. Feels little small but I prefer my bikes that way. I feel Large would have been a comfortable fit for sure.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 8:49 Quote
geeKayy wrote:
Habaden wrote:
Hey everyone, i'm in the market for a Capra but having trouble picking what size. I'm 5'8" which puts me in between a M and L on YT's sizing chart. I have shorter legs. If you are around 5'8" could you tell me what size you went for? Will a L be too big for me?

I'm 5'11" and ride a medium. Feels little small but I prefer my bikes that way. I feel Large would have been a comfortable fit for sure.
I'm 5'10" and I ride a large. It's just perfect for me, wouldn't change a thing (with regards to the sizing).

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
5’10” as well, ride a large, would not even consider a medium for personal use.

coaster156 wrote:
geeKayy wrote:
Habaden wrote:

I'm 5'10" and I ride a large. It's just perfect for me, wouldn't change a thing (with regards to the sizing).

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 18:31 Quote
Need some sizing help. Looking at an XL Capra CF 27, I’m 6’. Right on the border line of large and XL. Anyone out there riding an XL? If so how tall are you??

I’m on a 2018 Jeffsy cf pro 29 XL and it’s way too tall for me...but the XL Capras is longer reach and longer wheelbase but way lower stand over height.

Thanks for any feedback.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 23:11 Quote
You could ride either size, but most people here will tell you the XL is better, and it’s certainly on trend,

I’m 6’ and very happy with my large. We have very tight, narrow and rocky riding here, and I didn’t want an even longer bike for that stuff. WBs are very long on most current bikes, and crazy long is not always optimal for a given trail or as fun.

The L still works fine for me at Whistler and other very high speed spots.

chinaboy wrote:
Need some sizing help. Looking at an XL Capra CF 27, I’m 6’. Right on the border line of large and XL. Anyone out there riding an XL? If so how tall are you??

I’m on a 2018 Jeffsy cf pro 29 XL and it’s way too tall for me...but the XL Capras is longer reach and longer wheelbase but way lower stand over height.

Thanks for any feedback.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 5:45 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
Thanks for any feedback.
synaps-e wrote:
Should say that XL is just spot on for the 182cm height with hands on a longer side!
No complains reaching and holding the handlebar.
Because comparing Capra’s XL to other brands sizing, especially the top tube length, it’s L size from other brands.
XL. Even the dropper post on full length is great for pedaling uphill.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
I’m 5’ 10” and just got a Large Pro Race 29er and it fits me perfect. It’s a big bike, but the fitment of my arms and legs is spot on.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
wtmorgan1 wrote:
I’m 5’ 10” and just got a Large Pro Race 29er and it fits me perfect. It’s a big bike, but the fitment of my arms and legs is spot on.

Thanks for everyone’s input! Really appreciate it. I think I’m fine with either size...preference would be a large but if a great deal comes along for an XL I could do that too. Thanks again!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 0:01 Quote
chinaboy wrote:

Thanks for any feedback.

I'm 6ft with long arms and riding the XL 27.

It's big, but it's the right size for me. I think I need to swap the 40 mm stem for a 35 or 32 mm and it'll be spot on. The L would have done the trick, but it would have been a tad too small I think, comparing with my ex-Swoop.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:05 Quote
I'm 6ft/183cm and I got the original model Capra in size L, that is a reach of 445mm. That was the biggest Alu model at that time. Now the L has a reach of 460mm and XL a 480mm reach.

Anyone here with experience coming from the older Capra to the newer ones in the same size or sizing up: How does it feel compared to the older Capra?

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
Anyone increased their 250x70mm x2 to a 250x75?

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
I'm 6ft/183cm and I got the original model Capra in size L, that is a reach of 445mm. That was the biggest Alu model at that time. Now the L has a reach of 460mm and XL a 480mm reach.

Anyone here with experience coming from the older Capra to the newer ones in the same size or sizing up: How does it feel compared to the older Capra?

My exact problem. Had the 2017 large and always felt a tad small for me. Sold it and got a XL 2018 jeffsy 29 CF and the reach is perfect at 465 but the stand over height is very tall, too tall for me. So looking to switch to a large Capra or possibly xl but afraid the xl will be too long at 480 reach. I’m 6’ and inseam of 31”. Will keep you posted what I end of with. And thanks for everyone input! Very valuable!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

My exact problem. Had the 2017 large and always felt a tad small for me. Sold it and got a XL 2018 jeffsy 29 CF and the reach is perfect at 465 but the stand over height is very tall, too tall for me. So looking to switch to a large Capra or possibly xl but afraid the xl will be too long at 480 reach. I’m 6’ and inseam of 31”. Will keep you posted what I end of with. And thanks for everyone input! Very valuable!
The current jeffsys have a shorter seattube, so standover height should bet better now too.

I would think 460 reach would feel better, but 480 seems to long for me. But I'm more leg then torso, might be different if your torso is longer. I'm also happy that the stack height went up.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 6:45 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:

I’m 6’ and went from the 2016 large CF to the 2018 large CF pro.

The 2016 reach was quite short for me and a tall seat tube. Felt as if I was too ‘on top’ of the bike. An XL might have done the trick if it were available at the time.

The large 2018 with longer reach and shorter seattube length is perfect. Feels like I’m more ‘in’ the bike. I did swap the stem from the stock 40mm to a 50mm. I’ve run shorter stems before, but the 50 is the sweet spot for me. Cant say I’d want to change anything with the fit of the current model, though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018074
Mobile Version of Website