YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
Does anyone know if 2.6 Mary's will fit I ordered a set not to late to cancel the order

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 2:44 Quote
rpet wrote:
Would you guys mind posting part #s on replacement headsets? My lower bearing is shot (one year of riding), and I just KNOW I'm going to screw up and order the wrong replacement.

thanks!

stoo61 wrote:
mattjolley wrote:

Yep. Cane Creek 40 and much better.

Just changed mine, same issue regards getting the bearings out, had to take both cups out. Although perhaps down to my lack of expertise.

Swapped out for Hope.

2018 Capra 29 Pro Race - ZS44 Top ZS56 bottom. Find those numbers on a headset n thats the guy

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 9:20 Quote
Anyone know the insertion length of the 2019 capras trs dropper? Cheers

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
Thanks you guys!

I ordered a Cane Creek 40 lower.

stoo61 wrote:
rpet wrote:
Would you guys mind posting part #s on replacement headsets? My lower bearing is shot (one year of riding), and I just KNOW I'm going to screw up and order the wrong replacement.

thanks!

stoo61 wrote:

Just changed mine, same issue regards getting the bearings out, had to take both cups out. Although perhaps down to my lack of expertise.

Swapped out for Hope.

2018 Capra 29 Pro Race - ZS44 Top ZS56 bottom. Find those numbers on a headset n thats the guy

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Still running the stock Acros in my 2015. I think of it as a steering damper.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 2:02 Quote
synaps-e wrote:
Guys, what can cause a noise around a bottom bracket area under load peddaling? Just after a couple of rides on my Capra 2019 al base.
I thought about suspension bolts, but when I push the suspension staying on the pedals horizontally - there is no noise.
Seems that my rear shifter is ok also.
mikepal wrote:
Take apart your crank, grease it up and torque to specs. Most likely that is your problem.

I was also getting a little creaking from my headset. Like the crank, I would take that apart and grease it up just to cover your bases.

The pressfit bottom bracket also tends to creak but not usually on that new of a bike.

So, yesterday I tried this. 1 hour took me to unscrew this 54Nm bolt (poor engineering solution) on SRAM Dub system. Please watch this video for a proper technique https://youtu.be/cZKU57HxCAw
Some grease was there, but I put a shit tone more, x4 probably, because I was under the influence of bolt unscrewing)))
Torque it to 54 with a newly bought Park Tool TW6.2 (feel that I put less force, than it was from the factory).
A little bit of creaking noise is still present, but a lot better now.
My driveside bb bearing is moving a little bit less freealy than the left one. Thought bb bearings might also need more grease. But I will just change them after the season.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
Made an upgrade from Stormtrooper....Drool

First ride with the new beast

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 4:29 Quote
What width tyres have people got away with on the new models?

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
Hi everyone,
I somehow destroyed my bb on my 2017 capra (RF PF30 73mm). It became very loose and when I looked inside all the balls fell out. Now I have no idea what to buy, I heard that RF bbs are not good, what bb should I buy? What will fit? Can I just replace the bearings only?

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
MountainGoatLover wrote:
Hi everyone,
I somehow destroyed my bb on my 2017 capra (RF PF30 73mm). It became very loose and when I looked inside all the balls fell out. Now I have no idea what to buy, I heard that RF bbs are not good, what bb should I buy? What will fit? Can I just replace the bearings only?

Thanks!
any one wit that referrence fits. hope is probably your best bet
yes, you can only replace the bearings, the bb is just the bearings with a plastic sleeve on the midle that can either be installed or not , it's just to protect against elements when the bb shell is not sealed

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
Hi guys!

Need a little help selecting coil shock for my capra 29

I’ve found rock shox superdeluxe coil 230x65mm and it says “yt jeffsy compatible”
https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=276573

I am pretty sure it will fit capra but want to check with you guys just in case

My other headache is spring rate: i am about 106-108kg (235-240lbs) geared, spring rate calculators suggest 550lbs spring for 30% sag, what do you think?

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
MountainGoatLover wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
yes, you can only replace the bearings, the bb is just the bearings with a plastic sleeve on the midle that can either be installed or not , it's just to protect against elements when the bb shell is not sealed
mine had exploded too, you can just buy the bearing kit, it comes with the plastic spacer thing for each side. Just don’t damage the cups when you press them out or hammer it if you don’t have the proper tool.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 1:10 Quote
grobitto wrote:
Hi guys!

I’ve found rock shox superdeluxe coil 230x65mm and it says “yt jeffsy compatible”

My other headache is spring rate: i am about 106-108kg (235-240lbs) geared, spring rate calculators suggest 550lbs spring for 30% sag, what do you think?

Rear suspension is quite progressive so you might be better with 500lbs spring. You can stiffen up your suspension little bit with compression (and preload but it will reduce sensitivity). Ultimately, only way to find one that suits your liking is to try.

While installing 65mm stroke shock you might want to consider 170mm airshaft to your fork in order to keep same amount of travel at rear and front.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
tiagomano wrote:
mine had exploded too, you can just buy the bearing kit, it comes with the plastic spacer thing for each side. Just don’t damage the cups when you press them out or hammer it if you don’t have the proper tool.
Thanks for all of your answers! Is that the bearing kit that I need?: https://www.alltricks.com/F-11933-pieces_composants/P-351906-raceface_rebult_kit_for_bottom_bracket_exi___x_type Do I need special tools to install it? I already replaced a pf bb on a bmx with wood and hammer, is that the same on the mtb?

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
Pollari wrote:
grobitto wrote:
Hi guys!

Rear suspension is quite progressive so you might be better with 500lbs spring. You can stiffen up your suspension little bit with compression (and preload but it will reduce sensitivity). Ultimately, only way to find one that suits your liking is to try.

While installing 65mm stroke shock you might want to consider 170mm airshaft to your fork in order to keep same amount of travel at rear and front.
I'm 195lbs with gear and run a 500lb spring, I think 550 would probably be a good rate for you to start with

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018651
Mobile Version of Website