YT Capra Owners

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 20:44 Quote
So the Large Aluminum Capra 27 wasn't going to be in stock until August, and then suddenly it was in stock.
Good marketing strategy, YT...
Anyways I bought one, thanks for the advice guystup

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 21:12 Quote
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
So the Large Aluminum Capra 27 wasn't going to be in stock until August, and then suddenly it was in stock.
Good marketing strategy, YT...
Anyways I bought one, thanks for the advice guystup

Someone probably got tired of waiting and canceled their order. Lucky you. tup

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 4:41 Quote
Though I got a temporary spare cap made by a local craftsman and already asked my friend in the US to order the original set and bring this to EU for me, YT EU has replied finally after about 10 days, apologized for late answer and not having the parts available in the EU shop and sent me 2 spare caps for the horst link bolt. Guess they're busy, but trying to make up for this. Nice!

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 2:27 Quote
What alternative axles have people bought for their capras?
I hate using QR as I always worry when locking my bike up and cba carry and extender cable everywhere.
Plus just spent 700 on upgrading the wheelset.
I am not bother about the extra two seconds it takes to whip a tool out.
Apparently its not as simple as using any "boost" axle in the rear.
Will want one to replace the fox for at the front too.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 4:16 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
I hate using QR as I always worry when locking my bike up and cba carry and extender cable everywhere.

Thanks

I great front axle can be had from OneUp Components. Someone else will need to chime in for the rear axle.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 4:25 Quote
unconsenting81 wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:

Thanks

I great front axle can be had from OneUp Components. Someone else will need to chime in for the rear axle.

Unfortunately "NOT compatible with RockShox RS-1 fork or Fox 36 Pinch Bolt Style (2016 and older"

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 4:52 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:

Thanks

What model of fox forks do you have?

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 22:42 Quote
First Enduro Race with 29er after 4 rides only...Yeap,its a fast beast!Big Grin
Enjoy the stages

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 3:21 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:

Thanks

The 36 performance off the album comp.

What model of fox forks do you have?

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 6:09 Quote
Guys, does anyone have luck eliminating the creaking noise by replacing SRAM dub pressfit bearings?
Already re-greased all the cranks, axle and chainring two times with no luck.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
f*cking standards man Frown thought I could reuse my fr turbine crankset for my 2018 all comp. But no. The new al comp has a 24mm pf bb instead of the 2018 which is pf 30. Not resusing that rf pf30 from last year. Long story short, what other PF30s are people using ? Ta

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
Did you try repacking the grease in the bottom bracket? If yes, try removing the bearings, cleaning the surfaces real good, put a coating of threadlock on the clean/dry surfaces and pressing the bearing back in. If after all that you still hear a creak, install a new bottom bracket. Get a good one, Chris King or equivalent.

synaps-e wrote:
Guys, does anyone have luck eliminating the creaking noise by replacing SRAM dub pressfit bearings?
Already re-greased all the cranks, axle and chainring two times with no luck.

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 22:47 Quote
Hey guys, what rear non-QR axle do you ride on your 2018+ capras??

Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 23:09 Quote
Anybody here know the weight difference in 2018 and later aluminum frames vs carbon? Also suggestions for 2.5 tires in exo casing that are a bit more square profile for older 25mm id rims that roll decent for all mountain (MM to much in this case) now that maxxis has gone off the deep end and anything available is WTtype above 2.35 unless you get lucky? Maybe a good WTB or schwalbe or something that comes in inder $60 a tire (unicorn ...I know...) Used to be maxxis only guy but just cant find anything in stock to suit rims under 25mm anymore.. And have never tried other brands seriously. Conditions dry/loose. Thanks for any input.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 2:59 Quote
I still can buy Minions DHF and DHR in normal type (instead of WT): Exo casings and DH casings.

Unfortunately it is getting harder with Maxxis. Even my YT2020 wheelset is internal width of 27mm only (rim is the same as the previous FR1950 wheelset) and thus still to narrow for WT....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.078151
Mobile Version of Website