YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 2:59 Quote
I still can buy Minions DHF and DHR in normal type (instead of WT): Exo casings and DH casings.

Unfortunately it is getting harder with Maxxis. Even my YT2020 wheelset is internal width of 27mm only (rim is the same as the previous FR1950 wheelset) and thus still to narrow for WT....

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
Geo325ti wrote:
First Enduro Race with 29er after 4 rides only...Yeap,its a fast beast!Big Grin
Enjoy the stages

Those stages look legit!

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
Anyone got any Renthal gold carbon 35 bars to sell?

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
wordy1979 wrote:

Got a brand new V2 800m / 50mm bar stem combo from the new al comp going

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
wordy1979 wrote:

Got a brand new V2 800m / 50mm bar stem combo from the new al comp going

I only need the bars.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 1:25 Quote
I m 180-181 cm and want to get the 27 al base, but the only size that s close it s the xl(17 jul). Should i go with it?My concern is that i want it to be playful also

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 1:32 Quote
SebiRC2 wrote:
I m 180-181 cm and want to get the 27 al base, but the only size that s close it s the xl(17 jul). Should i go with it?My concern is that i want it to be playful also

180 is the limit to go XL IMO, but it works, depending on your morphology. If you have long torso/arms, it'll fit perfectly.

If you use a smaller stem and maybe raise the fork to 180mm, it won't feel like a barge. Mine with a 35mm stem and the 180 fork feels spot on for my 182-183 cm.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 1:37 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
SebiRC2 wrote:

180 is the limit to go XL IMO, but it works, depending on your morphology. If you have long torso/arms, it'll fit perfectly.

If you use a smaller stem and maybe raise the fork to 180mm, it won't feel like a barge. Mine with a 35mm stem and the 180 fork feels spot on for my 182-183 cm.
But is it playful? I wanna keep it stock until the next summer and than maybe upgrade the fork to a 180, an yes, i kinda have long arms and legs.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 2:15 Quote
SebiRC2 wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
SebiRC2 wrote:

But is it playful? I wanna keep it stock until the next summer and than maybe upgrade the fork to a 180, an yes, i kinda have long arms and legs.

I would not call it playful no, my Swoop, that was already a planted bike, felt more playful than my XL Capra. No doubt the Capra is by far the better bike, but it's even more a brawler.
Had a hard time manualling it, it's not a bike you want if you just plan to play on the trail. The "long" chainstay and the very plush rear end are responsible for this IMO.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 2:31 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
SebiRC2 wrote:
Yetichon wrote:

I would not call it playful no, my Swoop, that was already a planted bike, felt more playful than my XL Capra. No doubt the Capra is by far the better bike, but it's even more a brawler.
Had a hard time manualling it, it's not a bike you want if you just plan to play on the trail. The "long" chainstay and the very plush rear end are responsible for this IMO.
Thanks dude, i think im still gonna get it and hope that i ll be taller by the end of the summer cuz i m only 14!thanks again

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 2:35 Quote
SebiRC2 wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
SebiRC2 wrote:

Thanks dude, i think im still gonna get it and hope that i ll be taller by the end of the summer cuz i m only 14!thanks again

Yeah, at your height the XL is already a good choice, and if you get taller, it'll be perfect.

It's a very good bike, you're gonna like it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
So, after two minutes of pedalling on my new al comp the derailer became mangled and the chain too. I had already reported to YT the cage on the derailer was scratched badly on delivery. Is the XT derailer a medium or long cage? Gona buy on for next day delivery. Ain't waiting longer to ride again. Cheers cant add the image in the comment on my phone but this is the PB image number for anyone curious 17444216

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
nematon785 wrote:
Anybody here know the weight difference in 2018 and later aluminum frames vs carbon? Also suggestions for 2.5 tires in exo casing that are a bit more square profile for older 25mm id rims that roll decent for all mountain (MM to much in this case) now that maxxis has gone off the deep end and anything available is WTtype above 2.35 unless you get lucky? Maybe a good WTB or schwalbe or something that comes in inder $60 a tire (unicorn ...I know...) Used to be maxxis only guy but just cant find anything in stock to suit rims under 25mm anymore.. And have never tried other brands seriously. Conditions dry/loose. Thanks for any input.

I was trying to find the same thing in tires for the same reasons... pretty hard. I ended up buying a set of Michelin Wild Enduro's in 2.4 front and rear. reviews seem promising but I haven't mounted them yet myself.

Edit:

Mounted these tires and went tubeless using Gorilla Tape and tubeless valves. Absolutely no issues- easy to set up and great seal with the E1900 rims. Tested them on the North Shore Vancouver and I'm v happy. Much better grip!

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
Check your derailleur hangar. Mine came bent despite very good packaging from yt. Get a second one on order, they aint tough and can put you out of riding trim with a bang. Read up on limit screws and derailleur adjustment, or complete rear wheel replacement can be your issue. Also (im sure you know all this but) dont set bike down on either side, lean against a tree. Long cage derailleur for these big cogsets and extending hangars bend easy. Dont toss the bike in the truck or yank when hung up on other bikes. They are strong for forces designed, but fragile when torque or side loads come into play. Being carefull saves spokes and stanchion finish also. Treat it like fine china till your riding then beat it like a mule. That extra hangar comes in handy when the stick flies up or buddy yanks too hard on pile of bikes during unload...

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 23:48 Quote
nematon785 wrote:
Check your derailleur hangar. Mine came bent despite very good packaging from yt. Get a second one on order, they aint tough and can put you out of riding trim with a bang. Read up on limit screws and derailleur adjustment, or complete rear wheel replacement can be your issue. Also (im sure you know all this but) dont set bike down on either side, lean against a tree. Long cage derailleur for these big cogsets and extending hangars bend easy. Dont toss the bike in the truck or yank when hung up on other bikes. They are strong for forces designed, but fragile when torque or side loads come into play. Being carefull saves spokes and stanchion finish also. Treat it like fine china till your riding then beat it like a mule. That extra hangar comes in handy when the stick flies up or buddy yanks too hard on pile of bikes during unload...

You sure it's a long cage shimano? I looked at the pics and figured a medium cage one?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.017242
Mobile Version of Website