YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
nematon785 wrote:
Check your derailleur hangar. Mine came bent despite very good packaging from yt. Get a second one on order, they aint tough and can put you out of riding trim with a bang. Read up on limit screws and derailleur adjustment, or complete rear wheel replacement can be your issue. Also (im sure you know all this but) dont set bike down on either side, lean against a tree. Long cage derailleur for these big cogsets and extending hangars bend easy. Dont toss the bike in the truck or yank when hung up on other bikes. They are strong for forces designed, but fragile when torque or side loads come into play. Being carefull saves spokes and stanchion finish also. Treat it like fine china till your riding then beat it like a mule. That extra hangar comes in handy when the stick flies up or buddy yanks too hard on pile of bikes during unload...

Mine was medium cage.

If anything I found the hanger too strong. It was the only thing to break the other day. This is after 14months of solid riding. I tacoed the wheel on a landing and the mech got caught up

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
So gutted to find this crack in my 2018 27 Capra allu

photo

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 0:19 Quote
Got the new 27 Al comp delivered the other day. Spent a decent amount of time on it yesterday. Holy f*ck. The fox suspension set up is absolutely light years ahead of the rock shox one on the same model last year. Both feel coil plush. In fact the X2 feels stiffer and plusher than my Nuke Pulse Fsctory with a DHX2. Worth the extra 400 over the base model everday. Never riding rock shox again.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 2:59 Quote
Also, got a 5mm reach adjust headset for the capra if anyone wants? Gone to xl this year and don't need it. Needs the bearings but there standard. Can probably use the arcos ones. £20 inc pnp

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 3:21 Quote
Was curious about the weight of mine, even if it's not really important.

Was pleasantly surprised to get 14.7 kg for a 2018 27 CF in XL with 440g pedals, so around 14.2/14.3 kg.

For a 180mm XL close to park-bike, not bad.

ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Got the new 27 Al comp delivered the other day. Spent a decent amount of time on it yesterday. Holy f*ck. The fox suspension set up is absolutely light years ahead of the rock shox one on the same model last year. Both feel coil plush. In fact the X2 feels stiffer and plusher than my Nuke Pulse Fsctory with a DHX2. Worth the extra 400 over the base model everday. Never riding rock shox again.

2018 Lyrik without the new debonair ? I found it shit stock, like really really bad, but it is amazing with the 2019 air spring. Transformed it. Very impressed with the SuperDeluxe RCT3 too, like most people.

Maybe will go Fox on my next bike, idk yet. I like the fact that I can easily do my maintenance.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 23:19 Quote
(Quote)Mine was medium cage.

If anything I found the hanger too strong. It was the only thing to break the other day. This is after 14months of solid riding. I tacoed the wheel on a landing and the mech got caught up[/Quote]

(Response)Count me impressed. You must be firebombing serious heavy trail to taco those wheels. Guess im old school cause all the new gear sets are long cage to me coming from front derail and small cogset rear. Pounded my budget e1900s with a blown flat through rugged rock gardens took a bit to realize untill i noticed sealent everywhere. ( rear end hides so much untill traction goes sloppy) Very mild dent as result. Rim to stout to straighten with water pump pliers at 12 inch handles. I just ride as is and still working ok. To taco a wheel on landing puts you on a level I cant even imagine. Omit my long cage coment I assumed 46 tooth cog means long cage. a sram eagle would likely by a true long cage compared to your xt. Guess i underestimated the nature of the trauma in this situation. I was picturing over shifting into spokes. Sorry couldnt be more help. Hangar not so strong for me but that is neither here nor there.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 0:43 Quote
tbgd wrote:

photo

Are you putting in a warranty claim?

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 1:58 Quote
Shameless plug: since switching to a Nomad v4 I have a 222x70mm CCDB (ie pre 2018 Capra) collecting dust. PM me if interested.

Please remove if inappropriate.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:

2018 Lyrik without the new debonair ? I found it shit stock, like really really bad, but it is amazing with the 2019 air spring. Transformed it. Very impressed with the SuperDeluxe RCT3 too, like most people.

Maybe will go Fox on my next bike, idk yet. I like the fact that I can easily do my maintenance.[/Quote]
I have to agree, I found the Lyrik RCT3 on my 2018 Capra CF extremely hard to bottom out and very poor for small bump sensitivity. I bought the 2019 Debonair upgrade sping and its honestly a completely new fork. Way more plush and sensitive than before and I get full use of travel on most rides now.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
kwapik wrote:
tbgd wrote:

photo

Are you putting in a warranty claim?

Yeah waiting to gear back. Been 2 days so will give them til end of week

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
Daire wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:

It was the one on the 2018 comp models. Said debonair on but it wasn't the 2019 debonair. I never did that to my 2018 one but even with the better small bump sensitivity it cant match my new 36s for support and stiffness. I just want fox on everything now. The X2 is light years ahead of the super deluxe. I feel more confident and feel like I'm riding with 200mm of travel too. I cant believe how different it's made everything. Just wish I would of splashes out on fox before. Just thought it was a name and a status thing.

Maybe will go Fox on my next bike, idk yet. I like the fact that I can easily do my maintenance.
I have to agree, I found the Lyrik RCT3 on my 2018 Capra CF extremely hard to bottom out and very poor for small bump sensitivity. I bought the 2019 Debonair upgrade sping and its honestly a completely new fork. Way more plush and sensitive than before and I get full use of travel on most rides now.[/Quote]

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 1:24 Quote
For you 29er owners. There a 230x65 deluxe coil on Ebay pretty cheap so far. It's Crc's return store.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183878190780

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 2:53 Quote
Has anyone done a mullet with a 170 29er fork on the 27 Capra ? Very curious about a mullet Capra...

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
Has anyone done a mullet with a 170 29er fork on the 27 Capra ? Very curious about a mullet Capra...

I did think about it but then realised it might not work.
If using a 170 29er fork on a 170 2018+ 650b capra you are effectively increasing the front end by more than 1.5” which is 38mm.
That’s a big change for HA and BB.
If you could fit a 29er wheel in a 650b or 650b for then it would be as bad.
Or use a 160mm fork up front.
Really need to know the axle to drown length of some forks and look at it carefully first.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Yetichon wrote:

I did think about it but then realised it might not work.
If using a 170 29er fork on a 170 2018+ 650b capra you are effectively increasing the front end by more than 1.5” which is 38mm.
That’s a big change for HA and BB.
If you could fit a 29er wheel in a 650b or 650b for then it would be as bad.
Or use a 160mm fork up front.
Really need to know the axle to drown length of some forks and look at it carefully first.

Hum, ok, so 28mm more compared to a 180 fork. That's a lot for sure. I hope we will see more stock mullet bikes in the future, I love the concept.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025216
Mobile Version of Website