YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Yetichon wrote:
Has anyone done a mullet with a 170 29er fork on the 27 Capra ? Very curious about a mullet Capra...

I did think about it but then realised it might not work.
If using a 170 29er fork on a 170 2018+ 650b capra you are effectively increasing the front end by more than 1.5” which is 38mm.
That’s a big change for HA and BB.
If you could fit a 29er wheel in a 650b or 650b for then it would be as bad.
Or use a 160mm fork up front.
Really need to know the axle to drown length of some forks and look at it carefully first.

Hum, ok, so 28mm more compared to a 180 fork. That's a lot for sure. I hope we will see more stock mullet bikes in the future, I love the concept.

At least, its easier to convert a 29er in to a mullet as you dont change the height above the axles.
You just get a little lower and slacker out back. Its why the likes of Scott and their new DH bike come with flip chips.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
did anyone have the issue of their bikes frame bearings and bottom backet came with little to no grease in them and wore these components super quick? Did you contact YT? Did YT do anything for you, send a new set of bearings?

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 18:40 Quote
Zachary902 wrote:
did anyone have the issue of their bikes frame bearings and bottom backet came with little to no grease in them and wore these components super quick? Did you contact YT? Did YT do anything for you, send a new set of bearings?

I wouldn’t count on that, it’s a maintenance issue. How quick is super quick?

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Zachary902 wrote:

I put 100kms on the bike and when I took it into the shop they (good friends of mine) said the bearings looked like they had been used for 2 years worth of riding already.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
Hi everybody.
I just want to say couple words about my experience with Capra and YT. I have Capra AL Comp since end of march. I made about 500km on it. Generally it is very good bike but since i unpack it i have couple annoying issue. First of all from beginning, seat post have a lot of side to side and front to back movement. I contacted Yt about it but the say that "A little lateral play (up to 5mm measured on the saddles tip) is normal with e.13 TRS dropper posts, due to the mechanical construction." I'ts my third Trs dropper and I had this issue before, but never from the start. Bearings in frame have no grease (many people can confirm that). Today after 500km, during lower leg service i want to grease headset bearings. Unfortunately it was too late because upper bearing was dead. It not move at all, and I needed to replace whole upper headset (cannot remove just a bearing). I have also couple more, smaller issue like, BB or saddle creaking etc.

Maybe I just was unlucky but it is my fourth bike from YT and i have to admit that build and component quality i worse year by year and I'm pretty sure that this bike is my last bike from them. I really don't want to disassembly, grease and assembly my bike after every ride.

Maybe it help someone who think about buy one.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
rpa87 wrote:
Hi everybody.
I just want to say couple words about my experience with Capra and YT. I have Capra AL Comp since end of march. I made about 500km on it. Generally it is very good bike but since i unpack it i have couple annoying issue. First of all from beginning, seat post have a lot of side to side and front to back movement. I contacted Yt about it but the say that "A little lateral play (up to 5mm measured on the saddles tip) is normal with e.13 TRS dropper posts, due to the mechanical construction." I'ts my third Trs dropper and I had this issue before, but never from the start. Bearings in frame have no grease (many people can confirm that). Today after 500km, during lower leg service i want to grease headset bearings. Unfortunately it was too late because upper bearing was dead. It not move at all, and I needed to replace whole upper headset (cannot remove just a bearing). I have also couple more, smaller issue like, BB or saddle creaking etc.

Maybe I just was unlucky but it is my fourth bike from YT and i have to admit that build and component quality i worse year by year and I'm pretty sure that this bike is my last bike from them. I really don't want to disassembly, grease and assembly my bike after every ride.

pretty much every bike from the experience that i have comes with little to no grease on bearings, usually the bike shop is the one that may do that, since from yt there is no bike shop it has to be you.
BB creaking is "normal" with pressfit, just try to grease them.
as for the saddle , maybe try contact yt about that(or even the manufacture) or try to grease where they contact

when i had a problem with e.13 cassette, after contacting yt and they wanted me to ship the whole wheel, i simply emailed e.13 and they sent me the replacement

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
hi guys
so I'm currently in the market for a new capra. I am currently riding a 2017 cf in the large size and it feels a little small. I want to get a new 29er cf pro race but don't know if I should get a large or xl, I am about 5'11" any suggestions?

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
Zachary902 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
Zachary902 wrote:

I put 100kms on the bike and when I took it into the shop they (good friends of mine) said the bearings looked like they had been used for 2 years worth of riding already.

Yeah it never hurts to ask, but coming from the land of motocross bikes they’d never warranty stuff like that, and most MX bikes come with very little if any grease on the chassis bearings. Always a good idea to disassemble and check/regrease when new or you run the risk of premature bearing wear.

Keep us posted on what kind of response you get, I’m interested to know.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
rpa87 wrote:
Hi everybody.

My 2015 Capra came with a RF PF30 and frame bearings that didn't make a peep for 3 years. My 2018 TUES with some kind of e13 BB that is silent. It's not something you have to live with and not entirely YT's fault you've got a crappy BB. Partially, I suppose, but a BB is a consumable so if you can't get it to work right, and it's no longer under warranty, have a mechanic take a look or replace it.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
I took a quick rip through the search but couldn't find anything definitive. Whats the widest tire you can run on the 2019 Capra 27.5 al comp? I am looking at the maxxis DHR in 2.4 wide, only 0.05 wider than what comes on it but doesnt look like there is a ton of clearance on the frame to begin with. just wondering if anyone has run these tires.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
Zachary902 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
Zachary902 wrote:

I bought a Capra Pro Race 29er two months ago and it just started having a terrible headset rattle. I took it apart to clean and re-grease and it was completely dry. Didn't look like they used anything....complete BS in my opinion. Cleaning and re-greasing solved my problems for now.

From now on I will make sure to take my headset and cranks off the brand new YT bikes before riding.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
The best advice i can give anybody thinking of buying a Capra is to have enough money set aside to buy another bike if or when you ever have to return yours to YT for warranty inspection.
They have had mine for 57 days and counting, it took 54 days to get an answer but still no sign of getting it back. I was lucky that I had the funds to buy a 2nd hand giant reign2 and the only good thing to come out of it is I actually prefer riding the giant.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
springfield123 wrote:
The best advice i can give anybody thinking of buying a Capra is to have enough money set aside to buy another bike if or when you ever have to return yours to YT for warranty inspection.
They have had mine for 57 days and counting, it took 54 days to get an answer but still no sign of getting it back. I was lucky that I had the funds to buy a 2nd hand giant reign2 and the only good thing to come out of it is I actually prefer riding the giant.

A second / spare bike is good advice for anyone who rides. All bikes eventually break.

YT responded to my claim in 3 days. Were very professional. And say should be sorted in 2-3weeks. So fair have nothing bad to say.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
They responded to me at the start also and said it would be a 3 to 4 week process but that didn't happen. Good luck with yours.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
springfield123 wrote:
They responded to me at the start also and said it would be a 3 to 4 week process but that didn't happen. Good luck with yours.
what country are you from?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.699272
Mobile Version of Website