YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
springfield123 wrote:
They responded to me at the start also and said it would be a 3 to 4 week process but that didn't happen. Good luck with yours.
what country are you from?

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
wtmorgan1 wrote:
Zachary902 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

I wouldn’t count on that, it’s a maintenance issue. How quick is super quick?

I put 100kms on the bike and when I took it into the shop they (good friends of mine) said the bearings looked like they had been used for 2 years worth of riding already.

I bought a Capra Pro Race 29er two months ago and it just started having a terrible headset rattle. I took it apart to clean and re-grease and it was completely dry. Didn't look like they used anything....complete BS in my opinion. Cleaning and re-greasing solved my problems for now.

From now on I will make sure to take my headset and cranks off the brand new YT bikes before riding.

confirmed this. Just took my headset apart and the ball bearings pretty much just fell all over the floor..... currently working on getting pictures of all my bearings to send to YT for warranty. they said they might look at sending me a free frame bearing kit. BBs are little hard to go after someone for since they get so much abuse, headset falling apart is also a little bullshit

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
springfield123 wrote:
They responded to me at the start also and said it would be a 3 to 4 week process but that didn't happen. Good luck with yours.

I'd guess N. Ireland

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
springfield123 wrote:

N. Ireland, bike sent back to Germany.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
springfield123 wrote:
tiagomano wrote:
springfield123 wrote:

that's poor costumer service from the hq

but yes, at least with the e.13 cassette problem that i had they seemed complicated to deal with since they wanted the wheel for a problem that was already known , e.13 didn't put problems

had other problem with the rear shock bolt being too long and they requested many steps and videos to confirm something that was easy to detect on the first contact, and ended ou only sending washers to fill the space so the bolt would tighten

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
tiagomano wrote:
springfield123 wrote:
tiagomano wrote:

but yes, at least with the e.13 cassette problem that i had they seemed complicated to deal with since they wanted the wheel for a problem that was already known , e.13 didn't put problems

had other problem with the rear shock bolt being too long and they requested many steps and videos to confirm something that was easy to detect on the first contact, and ended ou only sending washers to fill the space so the bolt would tighten

That sounds pretty shifty. If I ever decide to get another YT at least I can pick it up at their shop and fully inspect it before leaving the place.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
tiagomano wrote:
springfield123 wrote:

That sounds pretty shifty. If I ever decide to get another YT at least I can pick it up at their shop and fully inspect it before leaving the place.
yes, rode the first month always with play on the rear shock mount until they decided to send that, after that no more problem, but still think they should have sent a new bolt, not something just to patch it up

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 23:27 Quote
Zachary902 wrote:
I took a quick rip through the search but couldn't find anything definitive. Whats the widest tire you can run on the 2019 Capra 27.5 al comp? I am looking at the maxxis DHR in 2.4 wide, only 0.05 wider than what comes on it but doesnt look like there is a ton of clearance on the frame to begin with. just wondering if anyone has run these tires.

YT Canada told me before that max you can put on is a 2.6 tire. Though just having the stock 2.35 atm seems there is very little clearance.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
Hey guys. I know it has been ask a million time but I still can't decide on the frame size to get.

I'm 6ft1/2 and I can't decide between the large and XLarge Capra 29.
I like a playful bike that I can whip around.
I'll use this beast from everything (XC runs to DH parks) with most of my times in trails/all mountain riding..

I'm coming from a 2014 Devinci Troy with a 434 reach and scared of the big jump in reach and wheelbase.
Help me please. I'll send you a cookie if you do !

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
QuebecPoulin wrote:
Hey guys. I know it has been ask a million time but I still can't decide on the frame size to get.

I'll use this beast from everything (XC runs to DH parks) with most of my times in trails/all mountain riding..

I'm coming from a 2014 Devinci Troy with a 434 reach and scared of the big jump in reach and wheelbase.

For your size I would say XL usually, but, if you really like playful bikes... L would do the trick, especially in 29.
In addition to the shorter reach, you get a shorter chainstay. The XL for someone 6ft is definitly not a playful bike, and that's only for the 27.5 one.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
Yetichon wrote:
QuebecPoulin wrote:

For your size I would say XL usually, but, if you really like playful bikes... L would do the trick, especially in 29.
In addition to the shorter reach, you get a shorter chainstay. The XL for someone 6ft is definitly not a playful bike, and that's only for the 27.5 one.

Agreed. XL in 29 would not be playful at all. I’m 6’ on a large 27 and it feels perfect, I can do everything. I also have a jeffsey XL 29...it’s humongus. Only good for one thing...pedalling xc stuff.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Zachary902 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

I wouldn’t count on that, it’s a maintenance issue. How quick is super quick?

I put 100kms on the bike and when I took it into the shop they (good friends of mine) said the bearings looked like they had been used for 2 years worth of riding already.

Yeah it never hurts to ask, but coming from the land of motocross bikes they’d never warranty stuff like that, and most MX bikes come with very little if any grease on the chassis bearings. Always a good idea to disassemble and check/regrease when new or you run the risk of premature bearing wear.

Keep us posted on what kind of response you get, I’m interested to know.

Update: I took my headset apart yesterday and it was bone dry and all the ball bearings fell out when it was dissembled. i sent YT pictures and explained that my frame bearings and BB were in rough shape due to no grease also. They said they would ship me new bearings (not sure about the BB, but im still surprised they are sending me bearings). I am in Canada too, which is even better for their reputation as it is kinda shit in the past. They have been treating me great and super helpful thus far

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
Thanks guys. Decided to go with a large Smile

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 4:55 Quote
Guys, any news on a good non-creaking dub pf92 bbs? (like hope for ex.)
I just ordered a sram one to fix my noise at the mechanic service, but still not sure if it won't start creaking after a couple hundred kms as my stock one does.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 6:39 Quote
QuebecPoulin wrote:

I'm 6'1 and find my XL Capra 29 playful enough to go sideways, spin, manual, etc. and that's with a coil too. I use 38mm rise bars and a 35mm stem and love the higher front end than you get on a 27.

In fact it's mostly used as a freeride bike!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013927
Mobile Version of Website