YT Capra Owners

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 2:27 Quote
Zephyrus wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
I put spank vibrocores on my new one straight away. Swapped to zee brakes. Best bike I have ever owned.

28h vibrocores? On what hubs?

Considering hope pro 4 or dt 350 hubs on either ex511, vibrocore, or spank spike rims. Or maybe an fr570(if only there is a 30mm version). Want it to be dh oriented as I like bombing rock gardens and huge drops. But will need to do more reading as im not really that knowledgeable on wheel tech.

Despite the wheel being a bit flexy from what I'm used to, the stock setup worked well for me until the unexpected taco. First time happening to me. Now im worried something else will fail when the accident caused a broken shoulder, 2 cracked ribs, and a lung puncture. Eek

32 vibros mate. On spank spike huds. Not the best engagement but gona build a rear with a i9 hub eventually. Not far of finishing my intended set up now. Also, check my bearings and pretty well greased. Are you all sure your not blasting your bike too close with a jet wash? I am pretty careful about where I point mine.

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
kwapik wrote:
With DT Swiss - go with EX 511 or if you really want something stout but don't mind the extra weight, there's FR 560. Both are 30mm id.

With Spank - either 359/Vibrocore 359 or 350/Vibrocore 350. All 4 of these are 30.5mm id. Spikes are good too; however, they are 28mm id.

And you can't go wrong with either DT Swiss 350 or Hope Pro 4 hubs.

Thanks kwapik

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
MHY wrote:
Good evening fellow Capra owners! Has anyone in here gone from the 2016/17 Capra AL series in XL to the newer 29er in XXL?

I came from a 2017 Medium AL and now rides a 2019 Large CF with a height of 5"8. The 2017 M felt so cramped, but the 2019 L is a bit too big for me. I already went for a shorter stem at 32mm. The problem might be with the seay tube length and the oh so long wheel base. It feels so much stable. I like it a bit playful where I can throw it around, manuals and popping. This large is pretty much more like a racy type of bike. Couldve gone medium. Thinking of selling it or trading, still bnew with all the blings added.

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
Anyone knows the spanner size I need for the Mech hanger bolt (that big bolt that holds the hanger to the frame) for the 2019 capra CF? Is it a 19mm or 20mm spanner wrench? I need to remove it but dont have the tools so I might need to order a wrench online. Thus I want to know specifics. Cheers.

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
The dt swiss on the capra al 2019 are tubeless ready ,or you have to tape them ?

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 2:30 Quote
Alfredothai wrote:
The dt swiss on the capra al 2019 are tubeless ready ,or you have to tape them ?
The DT Swiss wheels are already taped “tubeless ready”, the tires say “tubeless ready”, and my 2019 base 27 Al Capra came with 2 DT Swiss tubeless valve stems
A bottle of sealant and you’re ready to go

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 3:13 Quote
Alfredothai wrote:

A tubeless ready rim will still require taping if it hasn't been taped by the manufacturer/builder.

You are thinking of UST rims, they don't require taping as the spoke holes are either fully sealed or don't go all the way through the rim.

Going off the above post, your rims sounds like they're ready to go.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 3:41 Quote
Just make sure you dont throw away the valve stems
In their little baggies they look an awful lot like the plastic reflector pieces packaged next to themFacepalm

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 4:34 Quote
wrote:
Thanks
NksQuote="willbikeleeds"]
Alfredothai wrote:

A tubeless ready rim will still require taping if it hasn't been taped by the manufacturer/builder.

You are thinking of UST rims, they don't require taping as the spoke holes are either fully sealed or don't go all the way through the rim.

Going off the above post, your rims sounds like they're ready to go.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
Alfredothai wrote:
The DT Swiss wheels are already taped “tubeless ready”, the tires say “tubeless ready”, and my 2019 base 27 Al Capra came with 2 DT Swiss tubeless valve stems

Never a bad idea to replace with some gorilla tape FYI. My e*thirteen wheels came pre-taped, but never would quite seal; gorilla tape fixed that. Would have been better to just re-tape them myself, only takes a couple of minutes and less than $5.00 of tape anyway.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
Alfredothai wrote:

Never a bad idea to replace with some gorilla tape FYI. My e*thirteen wheels came pre-taped, but never would quite seal; gorilla tape fixed that. Would have been better to just re-tape them myself, only takes a couple of minutes and less than $5.00 of tape anyway.
from my experience, dt swiss tape(or schwalbe that is the same) is the best tape i have used, it seals well and it doesn't come out with the tire like most tapes

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
My experience with pre-taped DT-swiss rims is fine. Also taping it myself with DT-swiss tape was easy.

I would just use that DT-swiss tape first, probably not an issue at all.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
I got some Tesa tubeless tape off eBay the other day. £16 for 66m and it feels exactly like every other decent rim tape I’ve used.

Gorilla tape is a lazy way to go tubeless imo. Yeah it works and your tire will hold air but the gorilla tape often comes off with your tyre when you remove it and it’s a pain to remove the residue it leaves behind. You’re far better off double (or even triple) wrapping your rim with actual rim tape if you’re tyre isn’t tight enough to the bead to get that initial inflation. It should also stay put when you want to swap tyres.
That extra bit of effort when first going tubeless could save you a decent chunk of time further down the road.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
Zephyrus wrote:
kwapik wrote:
With DT Swiss - go with EX 511 or if you really want something stout but don't mind the extra weight, there's FR 560. Both are 30mm id.

With Spank - either 359/Vibrocore 359 or 350/Vibrocore 350. All 4 of these are 30.5mm id. Spikes are good too; however, they are 28mm id.

And you can't go wrong with either DT Swiss 350 or Hope Pro 4 hubs.

Thanks kwapik

I wanted something strong and stiff enough for the 29er,so i went for the DT350 hubs with 32 holes,DT EX511 rim with 30mm id kai Sapim CX-Ray spokes
2kg both and bulletproof for the rocky trails and jumps

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017751
Mobile Version of Website