YT Capra Owners

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
Theocr wrote:
Anybody 6'3 on a capra 29er? Do you recommend L or XL?
Also, what things have you guys upgraded from stock, or recommend upgrading?

Yeah im 6ft 3ish. Don’t go L or XL. XXL is the best fit.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 19:00 Quote
Theocr wrote:
Anybody 6'3 on a capra 29er? Do you recommend L or XL?
Also, what things have you guys upgraded from stock, or recommend upgrading?
I'm also 6'3" on an XXL. Definitely go XL, and consider XXL if you like big bikes

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
photo
photo
Öhlins for bike park use

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 23:56 Quote
Pekis wrote:
photo
photo
Öhlins for bike park use

Have you riden it yet? How does it ride

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 0:04 Quote
tbgd wrote:
I did some testing in local woods but not hard hitting stuff yet.
Shocks eye-to-eye length is actually shorter than original so it slackens angles a bit. (241x75, got a nice deal second hand and gave it a try. At least my XL frame seems to allow little bit shorter length without problems).
Feels good and linear. Needs more testing tho.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 0:12 Quote
Pekis wrote:
tbgd wrote:
Shocks eye-to-eye length is actually shorter than original so it slackens angles a bit. (241x75, got a nice deal second hand and gave it a try. At least my XL frame seems to allow little bit shorter length without problems).

That’s a 240mm shock ? Wow that a big offset have you tried compressing without spring? Is there no frame contact ?

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 0:21 Quote
tbgd wrote:
Pekis wrote:
tbgd wrote:

That’s a 240mm shock ? Wow that a big offset have you tried compressing without spring? Is there no frame contact ?
Yeap 241mm. It's old 9.5"x3.5" from Demo. Didn't get any contact fully compressed.
But for sure it's on the limit. Very close to getting contact.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 0:43 Quote
Pekis wrote:
tbgd wrote:
Pekis wrote:

Yeap 241mm. It's old 9.5"x3.5" from Demo. Didn't get any contact fully compressed.
But for sure it's on the limit. Very close to getting contact.

Sweet might give it a try with an old one

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 0:46 Quote
tbgd wrote:
Sweet might give it a try with an old one
Just first try without air/coil too! Big Grin
there might be differences in lengths.
Don't want you to ruin your bike only trusting my "testing" and calculations.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 1:25 Quote
Hey there
Out of curiosity,how many psi do you have on your X2?
Mine is a 230x65 mm 2018 model with the 250 psi max indicator, 1 or 2 volume spacers (i dont remember) and for my 85 kg,to achieve the ~25+% sag ,im at 215 psi.
Funny thing is that from various videos on the net,i see riders around my weight,they put 175-185 psi to set the sag correct.I understand that there are different year models and variation of length and stroke,but shouldn't be smaller difference on the numbers for the same weight?

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
Geo325ti wrote:
Hey there
Mine is a 230x65 mm 2018 model with the 250 psi max indicator, 1 or 2 volume spacers (i dont remember) and for my 85 kg,to achieve the ~25+% sag ,im at 215 psi.
Funny thing is that from various videos on the net,i see riders around my weight,they put 175-185 psi to set the sag correct.I understand that there are different year models and variation of length and stroke,but shouldn't be smaller difference on the numbers for the same weight?

Most guys run closer to 30% sag, and the 27.5 seems to require lower PSI than the 29.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Geo325ti wrote:
Hey there

Most guys run closer to 30% sag, and the 27.5 seems to require lower PSI than the 29.

30% seems a bit much but you are correct on the higher PSI for 29 because of the roll over capability of larger wheels.

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 2:22 Quote
Anyone found out about the new roller bearing compatibility on the YT capra with X2's?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/fox-announces-new-fit-fork-dampers-and-a-roller-bearing-kit-for-shocks.html

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 7:43 Quote
code26 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
Geo325ti wrote:
Hey there

30% seems a bit much but you are correct on the higher PSI for 29 because of the roll over capability of larger wheels.

I run 35% on my 29 with a coil. Feels spot on for me

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
code26 wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
Geo325ti wrote:
Hey there

I also run 30% on my Capra 29. I believe fox or YT website suggest 30%

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046084
Mobile Version of Website