YT Capra Owners

Author Message
Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 19:26 Quote
Heist30 wrote:
rpet wrote:
If anyone hasn’t experienced the E13 cassette creak yet- holy crap does it suck.

Greasing the tabs seems to be working though.

And greasing the plastic bushing inside and out prevents its return.

Blue lock-tite the inside of the bushing. It lasts a LOT longer.

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 6:10 Quote
For those of you who have run a dual crown fork on your Capra, did you have to change the headset or use any special sort of crown race or adapter? I want to try it on my pro race 29

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Thank you! I'll do that too.

Can I ask if you've been able to get the big ring half of the e13 cassette off the cassette driver? Mine is totally stuck.

Heist30 wrote:
rpet wrote:
If anyone hasn’t experienced the E13 cassette creak yet- holy crap does it suck.

Greasing the tabs seems to be working though.

And greasing the plastic bushing inside and out prevents its return.

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
rpet wrote:
Thank you! I'll do that too.

Can I ask if you've been able to get the big ring half of the e13 cassette off the cassette driver? Mine is totally stuck.

My original slid right off after removing the big nut. The replacement with the set screw was so frikken tight going on, I was concerned I had it on wrong and to get it back off I had to remove the freehub, prop the cassette on wood blocks and drive the freehub out with a mallet. Then getting it to seat on the freehub was just as difficult.

Posted: Sep 4, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
Thanks- I have the version with the screw holding it to the cassette. I’ve messed with it a little bit trying to remove, but I guess I just need a bigger hammer.

Heist30 wrote:
rpet wrote:
Thank you! I'll do that too.

Can I ask if you've been able to get the big ring half of the e13 cassette off the cassette driver? Mine is totally stuck.

My original slid right off after removing the big nut. The replacement with the set screw was so frikken tight going on, I was concerned I had it on wrong and to get it back off I had to remove the freehub, prop the cassette on wood blocks and drive the freehub out with a mallet. Then getting it to seat on the freehub was just as difficult.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 6:03 Quote
ddaiber wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Anyone found out about the new roller bearing compatibility on the YT capra with X2's?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/fox-announces-new-fit-fork-dampers-and-a-roller-bearing-kit-for-shocks.html

Ive tried to contact the local supplier for the same thing but no info currently.

That should be a great tuneup for the x2 for sure


If either of you find out whether the new roller bearings are compatible please let the group know. Please and thank you!

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 6:22 Quote
[Quote="Ridgee"]
ddaiber wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
Anyone found out about the new roller bearing compatibility on the YT capra with X2's?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/fox-announces-new-fit-fork-dampers-and-a-roller-bearing-kit-for-shocks.html

Ive tried to contact the local supplier for the same thing but no info currently.

That should be a great tuneup for the x2 for sure

Thinking it might be pointless as there is very little movement at the top end where it would fit.
Wont work with the other mount.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
I bought myself a Capra cf pro race 29, Large mid july. I'm 6'0 foot, 215 pounds without gear. I replaced the Renthal 40mm with a 60mm one. The bike feels awesome for me and my type of riding. I had a RM Altitude 27.5 before. The RM was quite playful, but the Capra is a bomb! Not as playful, but almost since it is a Large. I don't feel cramped at all on it. I feel i am sitting within the bike. Did a lot of testing to tune the X2 shock... wow! I have a plush ride, and it is poppy when it is needed to be. I ride in Quebec city area: lots of climbing... and it climbs pretty well. I ride hard in rocky trails with drops (3 to 10 foot) and some flowy trails... I have no need for a larger frame. These are my 2 cents if it helps and if you are still looking for cues!
cheers!

Ac6000tr wrote:
hi guys
so I'm currently in the market for a new capra. I am currently riding a 2017 cf in the large size and it feels a little small. I want to get a new 29er cf pro race but don't know if I should get a large or xl, I am about 5'11" any suggestions?

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
[Quote="ImAManCheetah88"]
Ridgee wrote:
ddaiber wrote:


Ive tried to contact the local supplier for the same thing but no info currently.

That should be a great tuneup for the x2 for sure

Thinking it might be pointless as there is very little movement at the top end where it would fit.
Wont work with the other mount.

Damn... I was hoping it fit the bottom mount since that's where most the movement is.

Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Ive just got my hands on a rockshox super deluxe coil coing from a nukeproof dissent. Does anyone know if the Bearing end at the bottom would fit in a capra 2019? And if anyone uses one, what sort of mounting hardware do I need and where can I get them?

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 7:07 Quote
Guys, am I correct that there were no documents on the bike (with printed frame number) in the box? Or did I miss it? I have just a dhl tracking doc that was inserted in the shipping box.
So YT is checking warranty claims just by account+order_id and then by frame number?
Just asking, because I am planning a trip to Austria and heard that near Leogang, police stopped a friends car and was checking the frame numbers on the bikes in the database of stolen bikes. Just on how to prove an ownership.

Posted: Sep 8, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
synaps-e wrote:
Guys, am I correct that there were no documents on the bike (with printed frame number) in the box? Or did I miss it? I have just a dhl tracking doc that was inserted in the shipping box.
So YT is checking warranty claims just by account+order_id and then by frame number?
Just asking, because I am planning a trip to Austria and heard that near Leogang, police stopped a friends car and was checking the frame numbers on the bikes in the database of stolen bikes. Just on how to prove an ownership.

They dont come with documents nor serial number on the frame unless it is covered by the rubber downtube protector. You can have a print out of the receipt to prove ownership. Email YT and ask them about frame number.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
Mine came with a manual, stickers, quick assembly instructions, and has a serial number on the bottom bracket underside. Aluminum frame 2018. Copy of receipt in box. Maybe carbon frames are different.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
Sooo here is my new bike...the capra al comp 2019...
My new bike

Also here is my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Pho3n1xBT1
I would appreciate it very much if you subscribe...Thanks Big Grin



Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
Hi, so yesterday i cracked my rear rim on 2019 Capra CF Pro Race 27, anyone got some experience with warranty claim? After few web searches I found out that it is better to contact E13 directly, I already sent an email and currently waiting for response. To be honest I wasn't even sure that the wheels are carbon since i don't see this type on E13 website. Any tips would be appreciated.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010681
Mobile Version of Website