YT Capra Owners

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 10:45 Quote
cheesee wrote:
Hi, so yesterday i cracked my rear rim on 2019 Capra CF Pro Race 27, anyone got some experience with warranty claim? After few web searches I found out that it is better to contact E13 directly, I already sent an email and currently waiting for response. To be honest I wasn't even sure that the wheels are carbon since i don't see this type on E13 website. Any tips would be appreciated.

My friend just went through this on his cf pro race 29. He contacted ethirteen just asking about crash replacement and they responded telling him the wheel “shouldn’t have cracked” and they sent him a replacement at no charge. It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow. Hopefully it goes that smoothly for you!

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
E13 (the hive) responds quickly and they have replaced some things that were defective for me after extensive email back and forth with tons of pictures and explanatiins. So good there. However... Every e13 part I own is a candidate for warranty. I have given up trying warranty and now just replace their stuff.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
Thank you all for such a quick answers. Glad to hear that E13 cares about their customers! Sent photos and invoice so hopefully they respond soon. This was the only issue on the bike so far, previously owner of 2016 yellow AL base, had a such a good times on both bikes.

Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 23:21 Quote
Thanks! Found an email with invoice and the frame number on bb bottom corresponds to it. Should be sufficient.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 2:08 Quote
I have a 2018 27.5 Capra (L) and am considering swapping out the SuperDeluxe Air Shock for a coil. Has anyone done this and found it awesome? Or so so? Would be thankful for input.
Also, I have trouble finding coils of the right size (250x70). What have you guys been using?
Thanks and best
N

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 2:19 Quote
nprace wrote:
I have a 2018 27.5 Capra (L) and am considering swapping out the SuperDeluxe Air Shock for a coil. Has anyone done this and found it awesome? Or so so? Would be thankful for input.
Also, I have trouble finding coils of the right size (250x70). What have you guys been using?
Thanks and best
N
I dont got one, (got the older with air) but this is still a dream build for me:
https://www.yt-industries.com/blog/detail/sCategory/59/blogArticle/929

photo

I'm not sure but as that one had 180mm I think it had a 250x75mm shock in it.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 2:25 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
nprace wrote:
Thanks and best
N
I dont got one, (got the older with air) but this is still a dream build for me:
https://www.yt-industries.com/blog/detail/sCategory/59/blogArticle/929

photo

I'm not sure but as that one had 180mm I think it had a 250x75mm shock in it.

The frame can handle either 250x70 to get 170mm travel same for the AL and CF pro models, or 250x75 to get a 180mm travel as seen in the CF Pro Race models. This was confirmed by YT and you can also see this in the exploded diagram from their page.

I also have a bnew 2020 Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil 250x75 and a 2018 Fox X2 Factory 250x75 spares for sale if anyone would like to buy it from me.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
Anyone have any problems running 2.5s vs 2.4s on their bikes? Specifically Minion DHF 2.5 on the 27.5 Al Capra.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
nprace wrote:
Thanks and best
N

I have the superdeluxe air on my bike, 2018 Capra 29er, and tried out a friend’s Marzocchi coil rear shock on my bike as we have the same size shocks.
Things I noted:
- sucks for pedalling. A little better if you crank the compression damping up.
- heavier
- wayyy better for the DH. Confidence inspiring and more predictable I think.
- if you ride with flats it’s even better because your feet don’t bounce as much.

I’m sold on the idea so I’m swapping mine to coil soon.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
Anyone have any problems running 2.5s vs 2.4s on their bikes? Specifically Minion DHF 2.5 on the 27.5 Al Capra.

Lots of room for 2.5’s and bigger.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
coaster156 wrote:

just put a 2.5 dhf on and there is plenty of room

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 at 22:54 Quote
Davidsym wrote:
nprace wrote:
Thanks and best
N

I have the superdeluxe air on my bike, 2018 Capra 29er, and tried out a friend’s Marzocchi coil rear shock on my bike as we have the same size shocks.
Things I noted:
- heavier
- if you ride with flats it’s even better because your feet don’t bounce as much.

Get a coil with a climbswitch and lighter spring then your first two points will be pretty much minimised.
Your wallet may be quite a bit lighter too Eek

You can always just have two shocks and swap between them as its less than a 5 minute job if you have both shocks with mounting hardware in them.

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
Davidsym wrote:
nprace wrote:
Thanks and best
N

Things I noted:
- heavier

Hey thanks for the input. I saw that marzocchi, but had those doubts. Also thanks to the fellow who recommended the light coil and the pedal switch. I think the solution is clear.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
hi all,

since you all speaking about coil shocks.i am waiting my Base 29 model and i will get rid of the deluxe R ASAP.i am beetween this :
https://www.bike-discount.de/de/kaufen/rockshox-super-deluxe-coil-rct-standard-standard-yt-jeffsy-873909

and a much more expensive one from Öhlins.
Öhlins TTX22m Metric
MTBM 1896 (TTX22M Coil 230x65 AM)

i am going of course for 170mm rear travel (230x65).

has anyone in here tried the Öhlins with the capra?Apart from the price and maybe the service complexity, i wanted to know if the climb switch(third position on the HC adjuster ) works good on the TTX model.

any other thoughts will be appreciated as well.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:08 Quote
amonas wrote:
hi all,

since you all speaking about coil shocks.i am waiting my Base 29 model and i will get rid of the deluxe R ASAP.i am beetween this :
https://www.bike-discount.de/de/kaufen/rockshox-super-deluxe-coil-rct-standard-standard-yt-jeffsy-873909

and a much more expensive one from Öhlins.
I am going of course for 170mm rear travel (230x65).

has anyone in here tried the Öhlins with the capra?Apart from the price and maybe the service complexity, i wanted to know if the climb switch works good on the TTX model.

any other thoughts will be appreciated as well.

Forget that. Get an X2 performance or above. It feels better than the DHX2 factory on my other bike. Hands down best shock I have ever used.
Rock Shox is garbage and Ohlins is over priced.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043397
Mobile Version of Website