YT Capra Owners

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
Looks like the Capra might be getting an update? I’m seeing YT ads with a goat image and the phrase “coming soon”

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
amonas wrote:
hi all,

since you all speaking about coil shocks.i am waiting my Base 29 model and i will get rid of the deluxe R ASAP.i am beetween this :
https://www.bike-discount.de/de/kaufen/rockshox-super-deluxe-coil-rct-standard-standard-yt-jeffsy-873909

and a much more expensive one from Öhlins.
I am going of course for 170mm rear travel (230x65).

has anyone in here tried the Öhlins with the capra?Apart from the price and maybe the service complexity, i wanted to know if the climb switch works good on the TTX model.

any other thoughts will be appreciated as well.

Forget that. Get an X2 performance or above. It feels better than the DHX2 factory on my other bike. Hands down best shock I have ever used.
Rock Shox is garbage and Ohlins is over priced.

i personally dont like the feeling of an air shock .Thats why i am going for a coil shock.Regarding the price fox is more expensive than Öhlins.i am talking about the coil models....

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
amonas wrote:
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
amonas wrote:
hi all,

since you all speaking about coil shocks.i am waiting my Base 29 model and i will get rid of the deluxe R ASAP.i am beetween this :
https://www.bike-discount.de/de/kaufen/rockshox-super-deluxe-coil-rct-standard-standard-yt-jeffsy-873909

and a much more expensive one from Öhlins.
I am going of course for 170mm rear travel (230x65).

has anyone in here tried the Öhlins with the capra?Apart from the price and maybe the service complexity, i wanted to know if the climb switch works good on the TTX model.

any other thoughts will be appreciated as well.

Forget that. Get an X2 performance or above. It feels better than the DHX2 factory on my other bike. Hands down best shock I have ever used.
Rock Shox is garbage and Ohlins is over priced.

i personally dont like the feeling of an air shock .Thats why i am going for a coil shock.Regarding the price fox is more expensive than Öhlins.i am talking about the coil models....

Neither did I on the rear. The X2 feels that good on the capra though.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
utrider wrote:
Looks like the Capra might be getting an update? I’m seeing YT ads with a goat image and the phrase “coming soon”

No geometry changes - but supposedly a raw finish Capra. Maybe similar to the 1 of 200 special editions they did last year.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
nprace wrote:
Davidsym wrote:
nprace wrote:
I have a 2018 27.5 Capra (L) and am considering swapping out the SuperDeluxe Air Shock for a coil. Has anyone done this and found it awesome? Or so so? Would be thankful for input.
Also, I have trouble finding coils of the right size (250x70). What have you guys been using?
Thanks and best
N

I have the superdeluxe air on my bike, 2018 Capra 29er, and tried out a friend’s Marzocchi coil rear shock on my bike as we have the same size shocks.
Things I noted:
- sucks for pedalling. A little better if you crank the compression damping up.
- heavier
- wayyy better for the DH. Confidence inspiring and more predictable I think.
- if you ride with flats it’s even better because your feet don’t bounce as much.

I’m sold on the idea so I’m swapping mine to coil soon.

Hey thanks for the input. I saw that marzocchi, but had those doubts. Also thanks to the fellow who recommended the light coil and the pedal switch. I think the solution is clear.

A Cane Creek Inline Coil (with climb switch) paired with a Fox SLS coil (yes, it does fit) is actually lighter than a Fox X2 air shock.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
kwapik wrote:
utrider wrote:

No geometry changes - but supposedly a raw finish Capra. Maybe similar to the 1 of 200 special editions they did last year.

It's a new 1/400 limited edition. Saw a couple spy shots of #001 in the wild on Vital's IG Story

Edit - here's the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Hy9lxl4un/

^ scroll to the 2nd picture for a better look.

I am interested to see what they have going on in 2020. My 2015* needs to be handed off to a kid. The 12 month no-interest credit YT does now makes it less painful!

*still has the original e13 rear wheel - well over 25 DH + Enduro + DS races on it not to mention being ridden once a week for 5 years. Pretty amazing.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
kwapik wrote:
utrider wrote:

It's a new 1/400 limited edition. Saw a couple spy shots of #001 in the wild on Vital's IG Story

Edit - here's the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Hy9lxl4un/

^ scroll to the 2nd picture for a better look.

I am interested to see what they have going on in 2020. My 2015* needs to be handed off to a kid. The 12 month no-interest credit YT does now makes it less painful!

*still has the original e13 rear wheel - well over 25 DH + Enduro + DS races on it not to mention being ridden once a week for 5 years. Pretty amazing.

Ohhh....you're right, when I first saw that post I thought it was just a picture of a 2018 AL Limited, but the decal on the seat tube is different than mine. Interesting that they would make the same bike twice.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
Anyone have feedback on a push 11.6 shock? Had one on my last bike and it was sweet

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
The LTD Metal Capra 29 is on the YT site today. Pretty great deal and all sizes are claimed to be in stock. There are Qty 200 for USA - Qty 200 for EU. $3,599

They should really do the metal bikes with a high-end spec all the time. I'm not getting a 3rd plastic bike.

https://us.yt-industries.com/shopware.php?sViewport=detail&sArticle=2319

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Gona have an 250x75 X2 performance for sale if anyones interested. Doesn't have the climb switch so that's an extra £40ish for the part. Looking for £250. I know some have struggled getting the right shock size. Can honestly say it absolutely smashes the deluxe rct3 I had last year. Prefer it to the DHX2 also.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 13:00 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
The LTD Metal Capra 29 is on the YT site today. Pretty great deal and all sizes are claimed to be in stock. There are Qty 200 for USA - Qty 200 for EU. $3,599

They should really do the metal bikes with a high-end spec all the time. I'm not getting a 3rd plastic bike.

Right, Ibis will rule the market with the Ripmo AF...

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:

Need one like a hole in the head.

Add to cart.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
dhriderjust wrote:
I am looking to get a Capra I am 5,9 so was wondering if a large is best for me

I’m a hair under 5’9” and I got a medium. My friends say it looks small but doesn’t feel small to me. Still playful and no problem on tight switchbacks.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
Yes, replaced the X2 on my CF Pro Race. I love it. Perfect match for the bike. It sits higher in travel so less pedal strikes, also have the dual mode switch. If you still have yours, you can send it back to Push to be fitted and tuned for the Capra.

Fox X2 for sale if anyone is interested PM me, please don’t low ball as I am planning to keep the push forever and will swap the X2 back into the Capra if I ever decide to sell.

alahart2 wrote:
Anyone have feedback on a push 11.6 shock? Had one on my last bike and it was sweet

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
Heist30 wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:

Right, Ibis will rule the market with the Ripmo AF...

Ripmo AF doesn't come anywhere near the Capra for the price and the performance. It's got a 147mm air shock for starters.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025474
Mobile Version of Website