YT Capra Owners

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
mikepal wrote:
The frame has a matte clear coat over the "raw" finish. It can scuff, but to me, it adds to the charm. I discovered the clear coat when I was removing the "live uncaged" that I absolutely HATE having on my bike. Big Grin
Just tell people it’s referring to the water bottle cage, that’s what I do

Genius ! I'm gonna use this one from now on.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
Just got super lucky and refreshed the ltd page at the right time and snagged a medium that was back in stock!!

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
Habaden wrote:
Just got super lucky and refreshed the ltd page at the right time and snagged a medium that was back in stock!!

That’s awesome. I also got a medium. Can’t wait to get it in. Hopefully soon!

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 22:43 Quote
Has anyone tried running 170mm dropper on a medium frame?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
ASJ2010 wrote:

180 one up v2 with a tonne of spare room. Dont think theres any difference in seat tube length. You'll be fine

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 6:42 Quote
ImAManCheetah88 wrote:
ASJ2010 wrote:

180 one up v2 with a tonne of spare room. Dont think theres any difference in seat tube length. You'll be fine

Good to know. Cheers!

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
Guys, is there a chance to buy mtb Jersey and Pants with YT logo? I think I saw somewhere on the photos

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
farrivillaga wrote:
Has someone tried to install an Oval Chainring in a ethirteen trs plus crankset on a Capra? any suggestions as i do not find any that could fit

I'm using this.
https://absoluteblack.cc/e13-oval-guidering-m-direct-mount-traction-chainring/

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
So after almost 5 years and nearly 1700 pages,how many of the early owners have still got their MK1's?

I have and still loving it - in fact it's just had a complete new lease of life with new wider rims and a 222x63mm DHX RC4 Coil shock(was dirt cheap and new so I gave it a go ) , it feels better than ever - like a new bike after all this time.Smile

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
GravesendGrunt wrote:
So after almost 5 years and nearly 1700 pages,how many of the early owners have still got their MK1's?

I have and still loving it - in fact it's just had a complete new lease of life with new wider rims and a 222x63mm DHX RC4 Coil shock(was dirt cheap and new so I gave it a go ) , it feels better than ever - like a new bike after all this time.Smile

I have two - a 4 and a half year old AL1 and more recently also a CF

- the AL now has 180 forks and beefier build and is used mainly for uplift/foreign jollies (alps, madeira, finale etc)

- the CF was a total bargain and I couldn't resist it and is built up light for messing about at home

love them both, have had almost zero issues with either and I regularly ride other newer bikes without feeling I'm missing anything much Big Grin

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
4.5 years on the CF Comp1. Original rear wheel! Raced many, many DH and Enduro races and i still do. What I thought was a HUGE bike is 2015 is now small enough to be my DS bike as well. Still my only trail bike. Upgraded to 2019 Lyrik RC2 Boost 170 and DHX2 with climb lever. Ignore crappy beer. This photo wasn't ever destined for viewing.

The old Capra MKI - still rolling the bike - the TR4 is a gen 2 .

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
Still looks like it rocks! Beer

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
Heads up for UK peeps with MK1. Theres a 222x70 DHX2 on crc's Ebay. Usually go pretty cheap https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163869926912

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
So I'm looking for another der hanger for my bike, does only YT sell them? (In Canada)

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 1:45 Quote
GravesendGrunt wrote:

I'm still riding my 2015 AL Capra size large. But as it has done 5 seasons now I'm looking to change to a 29" size L Capra. Unfortunately the AL versions are sold out in that size, so no good deals this winter for me. I hope they keep the FOX spec on the AL next season. I want to try fox suspension next.

I'm still happy with it, riding still the original wheel set and only changed dropper, and handlebar and stem for personal preferences. But I think that after 5 years you still get some nice re-sell value, and the current bikes have developed enough to get a real improvement. (In contrast to some people that buy a new model every year or two years, they only notice some marginal gains most of the time)
Alu Capra size L. Rider height 6ft 183cm. With hope riser stem and Spank 50mm riser bar. Saddle is seated still taller than handlebars.
Note : Regarding the high saddle, I'm not that tall, just tall legs.... 183cm/6ft

Active Forum Threads
7 mins ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2019
8 mins ago - Santa Cruz Hightower LT
15 mins ago - Beginner "What bike should I get?" Thread
18 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
25 mins ago - 2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
31 mins ago - Jeffsy 27.5 Thread
1 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
1 hours ago - Dope Downhill video
1 hours ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
2 hours ago - shimano brakes; swap olive fitting for banjo?
2 hours ago - 2019 Stoudts Cross - PACX Cyclocross Racing at Stoudts Brewing Co., Adamstown, PA 11/3
3 hours ago - Transition Patrol or Santa Cruz Bronson?
3 hours ago - 2017 Meta 4.2
3 hours ago - The official BOS thread
4 hours ago - Bird Aeris owners thread
4 hours ago - Cant re-import deleted strava ride logs from trailfork
4 hours ago - Girls Still Definitely Suck
4 hours ago - Show your all mountain bike
4 hours ago - WE supply gold nuggets and gold bars for sale 98.4% +27613119008 in US,Canada Uk,France ,Switzerland,
4 hours ago - 1000rand Potassium Cyanide Both Pills And Powder KCN 99.99% +27613119008 in Bloemfontein
4 hours ago - London Bring Back Lost Love Spell Caster +27734818506 in Tasmania Victoria West Norway Hull London MISSOURI Algeria
4 hours ago - +27613119008 SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION FOR CLEANING BLACK POUND AND Activation Powder IN SouthAfrica,Namibia,Botswana
4 hours ago - Cocaine Buy Online, Where to buy cocaine, Honey Cocaine
4 hours ago - BILLIONAIRES CLUB HOW TO JOIN 666 ILLUMINATI SECRET SOCIETY FOR MONEY +27734818506 ?IN Bloemfontein Freestate Namibia,Cyprus
4 hours ago - Release date for S-Works Enduro Frame availability

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018000
Mobile Version of Website