YT Capra Owners

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 5:45 Quote
code26 wrote:
vkom wrote:
Hi I’ve got the Capra cf 2016/17 great bike but I ride mostly uplifts with it and have noticed I’m getting some serious arm pump from the rct3 lyrics (I’m 51 so age is maybe a factor) so I’m thinking of upgrading to the 2020 Lyrik Ultimate for after reading great reviews, has anyone done the same or Riding with these forks that can say how good/bad they are compared to the rct3 Lyrik and also would the 180/46 travel fork be ok for the bike
Thanks

I would imagine that the fork you have could be tuned or maintained to improve your situation. (Before spending $1000 or more)
Here's a couple other ideas that I would suggest to try first to battle your arm pump:
1. Raise your brake levers up to be flatter with the ground. The idea here is that your palms are behind the handlebar, pushing into the bar/grip rather than on top of your grip holding on with your fingers. (Free)
2. I recently bought a pair of Sensus Meaty Paw grips and man! Probably the best solution to arm pump I've experienced yet. (About $40 USD)

Grips are huge. I recently bought a Deity Skywire Carbon bar and decided to pick up some waypoint grips that I had never tried before. Worst ride of the season, felt like I was riding a bull, bar felt so stiff I was going to take it off immediately.
I decided to swap out the grips for some Deity Knuckledusters that are much thicker and bar/ ride was back to feeling amazing. Grips make a HUGE difference and you will never realize until you find a set that don’t fit/suit you well.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
I recommend servicing your fork and upgrading with a debonair air spring kit. Not a difficult DIY. Then tune your fork yourself and really learn the fork. My bump sensitivity has gone way up and I can feel when I need to adjust my fork the type of trail I’m riding (flowy vs chunky).

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
Thanks for the reply the grips sound good idea????

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 6:16 Quote
Gunnigoat wrote:
I recommend servicing your fork and upgrading with a debonair air spring kit. Not a difficult DIY. Then tune your fork yourself and really learn the fork. My bump sensitivity has gone way up and I can feel when I need to adjust my fork the type of trail I’m riding (flowy vs chunky).
Two drops of fork oil on the top of the air piston does wonders for sensitivity too....

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
Gunnigoat wrote:
I have had them serviced about 9 months ago and the debonair upgrade at same time by a pro fitter . Will admit I’m not great at messing about tune wise as have fox x2 air on back and set it up once and never thought about it since as seems perfect but the rct3 Lyrik is a different matter

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
vkom wrote:
Grips, bars... all that does make a difference. As far as you fork goes, like some have suggested, a debonair upgrade could help as well as the newe charger 2.1 damper or a push hc97 if that is available to you.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
vkom wrote:

ODI Rogues...if you have man hands. They go on all of my bikes immediately after purchase and solve a fair few problems right off the bat.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
vkom wrote:
Gunnigoat wrote:
I have had them serviced about 9 months ago and the debonair upgrade at same time by a pro fitter . Will admit I’m not great at messing about tune wise as have fox x2 air on back and set it up once and never thought about it since as seems perfect but the rct3 Lyrik is a different matter

When experiencing arm pump I realize I’m squeezing the grips instead of holding on to them. Being conscious of that may help!

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 20:45 Quote
My bottom headset lasted 1500mi. Top bearing needs replacing soon at 2200mi.

Bottom headset replacement (cane creek 40) installed easily with grease and a very gentle tap with a mallet in 30 secs.

I don’t ride in the wet. Aluminum frame.

I swear, Pinkbike sidegradeitis is a serious disease.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
250x75 coil shock on the 27.5 Capra instead of 250x70 gives you 180mm travel instead of 170mm right?
Anything funky with the leverage curve or do I listen to the spring calculators’ 400 or 450 pound recommendation for a coil shock? I’m probably 200lbs including helmet and some water

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 22:58 Quote
Guys, any advice on 2019 Capra al base 170/27.5 Lyrik RC-C2 settings or are my ok?
75kg
psi 80
rebound - fastest (-18 clicks)
LSC - more than half closed (to not “dive” in burms)
No tokens.

I bottomed out on a jump, so decided to put more psi - to 80.
I have around 10% sag of fork free movement when bike just standing, like it is preloaded already, is it ok?

Now I want to put one token and lower psi to 70. Not sure about why I set rebound so fast and about LSC.

No service yet, decided to do 200h at the start of next season.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
250x75 coil shock on the 27.5 Capra instead of 250x70 gives you 180mm travel instead of 170mm right?
Anything funky with the leverage curve or do I listen to the spring calculators’ 400 or 450 pound recommendation for a coil shock? I’m probably 200lbs including helmet and some water

I tried a 500lb spring on my 29er Capra and it was perfect and I’m ~180lbs without gear.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 22:28 Quote
Any recommended suspension settings for an XL 29 CF Pro Race?

First new bike and fox suspension in a long time.

6', 185 pounds. Very happy with XL geo so far.

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 0:19 Quote
Gunnigoat wrote:
vkom wrote:
Gunnigoat wrote:

When experiencing arm pump I realize I’m squeezing the grips instead of holding on to them. Being conscious of that may help!
yes I agree used to windsurf a lot and gripping the boom to hard had the same consequences of arm pump someone told me to “play the piano” ie loosen your fingers for a bit it still works riding bikes you just need to pick your time a bit better to do it but it does give some temporary relief

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
neizpiez wrote:
Any recommended suspension settings for an XL 29 CF Pro Race?

First new bike and fox suspension in a long time.

6', 185 pounds. Very happy with XL geo so far.

Go with the recommended settings and play with it from there. Find you're bottoming it out a lot? Add a volume spacer. Find the suspension is stacking up too quickly? Add some rebound. Etc, it's really a game of playing around with it. Fox basic suspension setup. Fox advanced suspension setup.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016399
Mobile Version of Website