YT Capra Owners

Posted: Nov 2, 2019 at 23:13 Quote
nematon785 wrote:
Anybody weigh their 27.5 capra base? Curious on real world weights out there.
34 lbs Large with DMR Vault v2 pedals. The scale is a cheapo wal-mart luggage scale so it varies a bit but after taking a bunch of readings I’m mostly confident in saying 34lbs. I don’t care enough to buy a better scale, if I really needed to lower the weight, I would have already felt it riding (I feel the weight of the NX cassette though, may upgrade it)

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
MLukasz wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm planning to buy a Capra 29-er but I can't decide on the size.
My height is 183 cm (6 ') inseam 33 "and long arms.
Which size should I buy L or XL?
Thanks for every reply.

Just received my XL capra 27, I'm 6 foot but have a 32" inseam. I was nervous the bike would be too big but feels literally so perfect, cant imagine going any smaller so I'm really happy with my decision. Since you have longer arms and legs than me I would totally go for the XL if I were you

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
Thanks to your answers, I chose XL.
Now I wonder if I am waiting for the 2020 collection or order now.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
Got some DC forks on my capra now. Left at 200mm upfront. BB now about 345mm which I think will help. 63HA. Got another set of slightly used 2019 boxxer RCs with a none tapered to tapered crown race installed and some cheap front 110x20 front wheels if anyone is debating the conversion. Check out my for sale stuff.
Youll need an absolute minimum of 155 steerer if your gonna buy some DC forks anywhere else. I'm riding an XL

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
MLukasz wrote:
Thanks to your answers, I chose XL.
Now I wonder if I am waiting for the 2020 collection or order now.

I bought a YT last year during a second (another $200 off) sale after the Black Friday sale and saved about $800+ -right now might be the worst time to buy......if you can wait a few weeks, you should. Personally, I'm waiting to see what's up with the 2020s

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
hi,

can i get a confirmation that the part number for the Lyric 2019 upgrade (160mm->170mm), is the following ?

thank you in advance

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
^^^^you are correct sir!

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
Just assembled my capra 29 and found my shock to be noisy. Is this 'squishy' noise normal for the Rockshox SD? I've only had fox stuff before and never heard this. Sounds like oil/air going from the shock to reservoir.

Thanks in advance

https://youtu.be/cUiXm55WI6Y

Posted: Nov 16, 2019 at 21:28 Quote
Hauck wrote:
Just assembled my capra 29 and found my shock to be noisy. Is this 'squishy' noise normal for the Rockshox SD? I've only had fox stuff before and never heard this. Sounds like oil/air going from the shock to reservoir.

Thanks in advance

Mine made a similar sound that eventually went away. I did have another issue with my shock that was fixed under warranty however. Which YT actually dealt with the situation very rapidly.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
Hauck wrote:

Thanks in advance

mine (2019 AL Base) does the exact same noise and there is also a little bit of grease as well.I haven't ridden it yet cause of the weather but i think i had the same issue with my Monarch on my 2017 Capra.After a few rides it disappeared.If you find out something else please keep us posted !

cheers

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
Hauck wrote:

Thanks in advance

It's normal, it is air moving between the positive and negative chambers.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
Hauck wrote:

Thanks in advance

It's normal, it is air moving between the positive and negative chambers.
Precisely my thought.

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Hi,
Ive recently purchased a 2016 yt capra cf in stealth Black. It has yari forks and when trying to get the specs of the bike, i do not see any cf with yari forks in 2016. Anyone help? I was looking to changing the cranks and BB to hope, however ive been told that hopes press fit 30mm may not fit due to a lip?? Anyone help?

Posted: Nov 17, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
I have 2000mi on a stock Race Face bb.

There's not point in changing what you have unless it's worn out.

stavroswonder wrote:
Hi,
Ive recently purchased a 2016 yt capra cf in stealth Black. It has yari forks and when trying to get the specs of the bike, i do not see any cf with yari forks in 2016. Anyone help? I was looking to changing the cranks and BB to hope, however ive been told that hopes press fit 30mm may not fit due to a lip?? Anyone help?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012534
Mobile Version of Website