YT Capra Owners

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 12:10 Quote
Cool, thanks Code!

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
Has anyone heard any rumors and or have any expectations for the 2020 Capra 29?

Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
Only colors and components changes are my guess. Won't be too much longer and we'll find out.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
code26 wrote:
Staktup wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to replace my older DH rig with a 2018 or newer CF Capra so I can pedal up and bomb down, and even put my dual crown fork on it for park days.

I am 5'8" (173cm) with an athletic build with more torso than leg ( I wear a size 29-31 pant leg length). YT's site recommends a Medium up to 5'7, and a Large from there on. However, I emailed them and one person recommended that I get a M in both 27 & 29 versions.

I used to ride a 2014 and 2018 Kona Process 153 and both fit me well. I have a 2012 SC V10.4 (Medium was too small), a 2016 Salsa Bucksaw, and my current trail rig is a 2019 Yeti SB130. The SB130 is the longest bike I have ever owned, but I feel fine riding it at speed.

The Capras in 29 and 27 would be comparable to the SB130 in terms of reach, but the top tube of the Capras would be 1/2- nearly 1" longer than the SB130.

Never having thrown a leg over a Capra, I feel like based on geo numbers alone I should get the Large models. Any insights would be appreciated, thanks!

YT's suggested frame size on their website is correct 99% of the time.

I'm 5' 7 3/4" and the med is perfect. I just wish it had the 170 dropper. Bike doesn't feel too small at all.

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 21:40 Quote
I ended up buying a nice 2018 Capra CF Pro 29er in Large from a local EWS privateer. It felt a lot like my SB130 in terms of reach, wheelbase, and stack. We'll see how it gos this season- thanks to everyone for their input and Happy Holidays!

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 0:46 Quote
Guys what roof car racks are you using?

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
1Up-USA on Thule cross bars.

Denzel wrote:

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
Denzel wrote:

Thule proride 598

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Denzel wrote:
Thule sidearm. I have two of them actually. Apparently the newer version of the two that I have fits 29'er, but not the previous.

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
brassinne wrote:
Denzel wrote:
Thule sidearm. I have two of them actually. Apparently the newer version of the two that I have fits 29'er, but not the previous.

Bro, that side arm placement looks sketchy to me. Are you sure it shouldn't go on top of the tire up against the fork lower bridge?

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
code26 wrote:
brassinne wrote:
Denzel wrote:

Bro, that side arm placement looks sketchy to me. Are you sure it shouldn't go on top of the tire up against the fork lower bridge?
I don't run it like that. The older sidearm doesn't go all the way over the 29'er wheels unless you take the stop out of the end of the arm so you can move the clamp further up. The newer sidearm goes over the 29'er wheels just fine because the arm is actually longer. Point is though, that I really like the rack. It's easy and quick to use and feels pretty secure even at high speeds. I regularly drive around 80mph with it no problem.

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
brassinne wrote:
code26 wrote:
brassinne wrote:

I don't run it like that. The older sidearm doesn't go all the way over the 29'er wheels unless you take the stop out of the end of the arm so you can move the clamp further up. The newer sidearm goes over the 29'er wheels just fine because the arm is actually longer. Point is though, that I really like the rack. It's easy and quick to use and feels pretty secure even at high speeds. I regularly drive around 80mph with it no problem.

Ah, good. I was worried for that beaut of a bike.

Cheers!!

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 15:40 Quote
code26 wrote:
brassinne wrote:
code26 wrote:

Ah, good. I was worried for that beaut of a bike.

Cheers!!
Thanks. But I only got it because it matches the car.

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
Given that the 27.5 has a 250x70/75 and that its almost impossible to find a same sized shock unless you buy a new one, did anyone try running a 9.5x3 coil and how did that work out?

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 18:46 Quote
Hi Bros,

I'm thinking about conversion of current Capra's 1x11 drive to 1x12 drive. Did any of you already done this? I;m wondering what can stay and what needs to be changed.

I assume:
E13 cranks with narrow wide - stay
XTR 11x dellarieur - has to swithed to XT/XTR 12x both with shifter
Cassete - needs to be changed to 12x, XT will work?
HUB - does is need to be replaced with other, in case od XT Cassete?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010638
Mobile Version of Website