YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
The charger upgrade is a possible. It’s £199 over here.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 8:55 Quote
mikepal wrote:

Probably a Decoy LTD. hence the lightning bolt.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 9:19 Quote
I love metal bikes!

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 10:51 Quote
jaame wrote:
That’s what I ordered. New drivetrain is already in the post. Wheels and tyres, bars and seat are already here. A couple of other mods on the way. Maybe a coil shock. I won’t be changing the fork though. The Yari is decent but of course I would prefer a 36 or at least a Lyrik.
Yea, I’d say that will need to be the approach with SX being flooded across the full gamut of bargain bikes... shame that’s the way it’s goin...

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 5:05 Quote
jaame wrote:
The way I'm looking at it is I was expecting to pay £2600-2800 for a capra al comp like last year's. As it goes the base 29 was £1999 so there is a big cushion there to change parts. Also, the weather is pretty shitty still so I'm not too bothered about getting out on it immediately. I've still got my Mega so it's not a hurry. More importantly I need to change any parts I want from the off so that I can maximise the amount of money I recoup. All in all it will probably work out about the same as I was expecting to pay.

The fly in the ointment would be if they release an Al Ltd again with the 36 and 12 speed XT for £2999. That would be annoying. Even more annoying if it was £2499.

To be honest if they did that I would probably try to return my Capra if they announce it in the next couple of weeks.

I can't find anything about the redesigned Propain Tyee. Have you got a link?

Well the website is still struggling so the configurator doesn't work yet. But looks at least interesting. 27,5 and 29"
https://www.propain-bikes.com/bikes/enduro/tyee-al/

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
mikepal wrote:

Yep saw that IG Story the other day! \m/

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
Just got a new 2020 Capra Base 29er. Super stoked, my first YT and first enduro bike. What is a good starting pressure for the rear shock, I am 210lbs

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
Storz wrote:
Just got a new 2020 Capra Base 29er. Super stoked, my first YT and first enduro bike. What is a good starting pressure for the rear shock, I am 210lbs
I'd probably recommend starting around 230 to 250 psi.
I'm 240 and run 300 psi. But I also run at only about 25% sag. My fork on the other hand, considering it is set at 180mm travel, I run 100 psi with one token.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 17:10 Quote
Anyone know the specs for the rear thru axle on a base 19 Capra 29? Looking for a low profile thru axle... Thanks in advance!

*Length?
*Thread Length?
*Thread Pitch?

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
kwapik wrote:
2018 Capra 29 rear axle specifications:

* Length — 178mm
* Thread length — 20mm
* Thread pitch — M12x1.5
2019 is probably the same.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:03 Quote
Anyone know how many chain links for 19 YT Capra base model?

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:08 Quote
ytcapra19 wrote:
Do you have the old chain? Use that to measure it, at most it'll be off by one link(?) if it's really stretched (which I think is at 1 on chain measuring tools).

Beyond that I don't know how long the chain is.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
ytcapra19 wrote:
Do you have the old chain? No - chain is gone unfortunately... Use that to measure it, at most it'll be off by one link(?) if it's really stretched (which I think is at 1 on chain measuring tools).

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 15:46 Quote
ytcapra19 wrote:
coaster156 wrote:
ytcapra19 wrote:
Do you have the old chain? No - chain is gone unfortunately... Use that to measure it, at most it'll be off by one link(?) if it's really stretched (which I think is at 1 on chain measuring tools).

No idea then. Maybe just swing by the shop you'd buy the chain at and get them to install it for you (should be like $15) and then it should be the correct length (if it isn't you can always come back and complain as well).

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 16:38 Quote
ytcapra19 wrote:

Remove all the air out of your shock. Put bike into 1st gear. Compress the bike until all rear travel is used. The chain needs to fit the length now demanded by the drive train. Rear deraillieur should be almost extended fully. This is the minimun length tje chain needs to be, and not much longer, or can be slack.
This is my understanding anyway...?!

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009684
Mobile Version of Website