YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 17:07 Quote
ytcapra19 wrote:
Anyone know how many chain links for 19 YT Capra base model?

My 29 AL came with 114

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
Anybody have a non-pro race Capra and then bump up their travel 10mm? Any real downsides to this? Or anybody regret adding the extra travel?
Thinking of buying a new coil shock for my Capra 27 Al base and going 250x75 for the full 180mm travel instead of 250x70, eventually I’d get a new airspring shaft or possibly fork to match up the front too, but later

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 22:01 Quote
fewnofrwgijn wrote:
Anybody have a non-pro race Capra and then bump up their travel 10mm? Any real downsides to this? Or anybody regret adding the extra travel?
Thinking of buying a new coil shock for my Capra 27 Al base and going 250x75 for the full 180mm travel instead of 250x70, eventually I’d get a new airspring shaft or possibly fork to match up the front too, but later
Just do it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 23:27 Quote
I doubt you will notice any difference. Get it done.

Posted: Jan 20, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
radiorog wrote:
ytcapra19 wrote:
Anyone know how many chain links for Large 19 YT Capra base model? Took it a my local as suggested and they removed 4 links from 126 link SRAM XO1, so 122 links is the answer.

Remove all the air out of your shock. Put bike into 1st gear. Compress the bike until all rear travel is used. The chain needs to fit the length now demanded by the drive train. Rear deraillieur should be almost extended fully. This is the minimun length tje chain needs to be, and not much longer, or can be slack.
This is my understanding anyway...?!

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 11:42 Quote
Does anyone with Capra cf 29 2019 have problems with fissures and slacks in a frame?

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 11:45 Quote
Jandrows wrote:
Does anyone with Capra cf 29 2019 have problems with fissures and slacks in a frame?

What do you mean? Like hairline cracks?

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
Broken frame or Chaistay

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 14:50 Quote
Jandrows wrote:
Broken frame or Chaistay

So you're asking if anyone has a problem with a broken frame? The answer is: Yes.

A 'broken' frame is much different than a 'fissure'. Fissures in the paint are somewhat normal for YT's. CRACKS IN THE FRAME on the other hand, shouldn't be happening and you should get that part replaced.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 16:36 Quote
code26 wrote:
Jandrows wrote:
Broken frame or Chaistay

So you're asking if anyone has a problem with a broken frame? The answer is: Yes.

A 'broken' frame is much different than a 'fissure'. Fissures in the paint are somewhat normal for YT's. CRACKS IN THE FRAME on the other hand, shouldn't be happening and you should get that part replaced.

I don't think there's any wide spread issues, otherwise the forum here would be full of broken/cracked bike pics and reports. The original 2014 CF Capras had a lot of known issues, but they fixed them all in later revisions. My warranty replacement Capra CF from 2015 is now over 5 years old and still going strong. I used it for everything from all day rides to local jump trails. All year round from scorching heat in the summer to freezing rides in snow during winter. Suffered quite a few crashes and rock strikes in the years...

Just last Friday I received my brand spanking new Jeffsy pro race 29. I didn't get to ride it yet, but I can already tell you just by inspecting the bike that YT made leaps of progress in quality of their bikes. Just about everything seems much improved compared to my original Capra. The internal cable routing is one of the best on the market. The new pivot hardware is awesome. Frame protection just about anywhere you would want and/or need it.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 22:20 Quote
Just because it is important: there are no paint cracks without an underlying problem. Usually a wrinkle that opens up. Wrinkles are very bad for fatigue life. YT didn't admit that, but knows that and this is why they replaced so many frames with "only paint cracks".
That being said i haven't seen any issues really for a long time on here.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 8:17 Quote
Anyone replaced their "rear" through axle on their large 19' Capra base? If so, what are you using? I'm struggling to find a replacement with the correct axle measurements... I'm not of fan of the sram quick release, as it comes loose sometimes. Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 9:07 Quote
kwapik wrote:
2018 Capra 29 rear axle specifications:

* Length — 178mm
* Thread length — 20mm
* Thread pitch — M12x1.5

This was quoted a few pages back, I don't know if it's the same spec though. I can't find it online anywhere.

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
I measured my Capra's stock DT Swiss qr and found a replacement. I bought the MRP race axle: part number WB-17-5110

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 17:34 Quote
kwapik wrote:
I measured my Capra's stock DT Swiss qr and found a replacement. I bought the MRP race axle: part number WB-17-5110

Thanks for the lead. The thread length for the qr is 20mm. MRP site didn't provide the thread length though. Did you catch the thread length on the MRP by chance?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009106
Mobile Version of Website