YT Capra Owners

Author Message
Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 17:41 Quote
wrote:
coaster156 wrote:
kwapik wrote:
2018 Capra 29 rear axle specifications:

* Length — 178mm
* Thread length — 20mm
* Thread pitch — M12x1.5

This was quoted a few pages back, I don't know if it's the same spec though. I can't find it online anywhere.

The 19' Capra 29 rear axle specifications:
* Length — 180mm (axle length is compatible +/-2mm)
* Thread length — 20mm
* Thread pitch — M12x1.5

Posted: Jan 24, 2020 at 22:32 Quote
All I can say is the MRP race axle fits and works perfectly on my Capra.

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
Need more photos in here!


Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 14:27 Quote
wrote:
ytcapra19 wrote:
coaster156 wrote:
kwapik wrote:
2018 Capra 29 rear axle specifications:

* Length — 178mm
* Thread length — 20mm
* Thread pitch — M12x1.5

This was quoted a few pages back, I don't know if it's the same spec though. I can't find it online anywhere.

The 19' Capra 29 rear axle specifications:
* Length — 180mm (axle length is compatible +/-2mm)
* Thread length — 20mm
* Thread pitch — M12x1.5

Why not just email YT directly and get 100% correct information?

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
wrote:
code26 wrote:
ytcapra19 wrote:
coaster156 wrote:


This was quoted a few pages back, I don't know if it's the same spec though. I can't find it online anywhere.

The 19' Capra 29 rear axle specifications:
* Length — 180mm (axle length is compatible +/-2mm)
* Thread length — 20mm
* Thread pitch — M12x1.5

Why not just email YT directly and get 100% correct information?

To add to that, post it here when/if you find out.

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 23:39 Quote
Yeah, let's do that - you know for the non believers out there.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
I apologize in advance, probably the 1000th sizing question asked.

There is a hard to pass up local deal on a size medium 2015 Capra carbon.

I am 5’ 10.75”. From what I’ve read, large would be best. However, it is only about 1” difference in reach and wheelbase. I am more longer legs than torso.

Question is, for the price would it be a decent ride, or should I really hold off for a large and stop lusting over this bike?

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 14:17 Quote
Personally, I think it's s bit too small for you.

I'm 6'0" and I've just gone for a large 2020 model, which is about the same reach as an XL 2015 model I guess. There is no way I would want to go any smaller. I almost did an XL but I like jumping and messing around so I didn't want a huge long front end or cumbersome wheelbase. That said, I am on a 50mm stem and 780mm bar. I tried a 760mm flat bar and it made the bike too small.

If you like parks and jumping, plus a lot of really tight technical stuff, that bike might be acceptable. If you like to feel stable, don't let your heart make the decision. Wait until a large comes up.

P.S. I believe the 2015 carbon bikes were a bag of shit. YT changed factory for the 2018 model year (I think it was 2018. It might have been 2017).

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
jaame wrote:

P.S. I believe the 2015 carbon bikes were a bag of shit. YT changed factory for the 2018 model year (I think it was 2018. It might have been 2017).

Still riding a 2105 bag of shit as hard as I can. Hasn't leaked yet.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 15:09 Quote
jaame wrote:
Personally, I think it's s bit too small for you.

I'm 6'0" and I've just gone for a large 2020 model, which is about the same reach as an XL 2015 model I guess. There is no way I would want to go any smaller. I almost did an XL but I like jumping and messing around so I didn't want a huge long front end or cumbersome wheelbase. That said, I am on a 50mm stem and 780mm bar. I tried a 760mm flat bar and it made the bike too small.

If you like parks and jumping, plus a lot of really tight technical stuff, that bike might be acceptable. If you like to feel stable, don't let your heart make the decision. Wait until a large comes up.

P.S. I believe the 2015 carbon bikes were a bag of shit. YT changed factory for the 2018 model year (I think it was 2018. It might have been 2017).

Based on reading many forums, I think you are right. I will hold for a Large.

However, I do have this idea.. I can get the bike for a steal of a deal of $1400. blue carbon pro with an extra coil shock. The idea is to sell the medium frame and purchase a large. There are not many frames for sale right now to compare.

Questions is, is there market for selling used 2015? Or are people too afraid of the cracking issues?

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
mtbikeadam wrote:
jaame wrote:
Personally, I think it's s bit too small for you.

I'm 6'0" and I've just gone for a large 2020 model, which is about the same reach as an XL 2015 model I guess. There is no way I would want to go any smaller. I almost did an XL but I like jumping and messing around so I didn't want a huge long front end or cumbersome wheelbase. That said, I am on a 50mm stem and 780mm bar. I tried a 760mm flat bar and it made the bike too small.

If you like parks and jumping, plus a lot of really tight technical stuff, that bike might be acceptable. If you like to feel stable, don't let your heart make the decision. Wait until a large comes up.

P.S. I believe the 2015 carbon bikes were a bag of shit. YT changed factory for the 2018 model year (I think it was 2018. It might have been 2017).

Based on reading many forums, I think you are right. I will hold for a Large.

However, I do have this idea.. I can get the bike for a steal of a deal of $1400. blue carbon pro with an extra coil shock. The idea is to sell the medium frame and purchase a large. There are not many frames for sale right now to compare.

Questions is, is there market for selling used 2015? Or are people too afraid of the cracking issues?


I doubt you could get more that a couple hundred for the frame, especially since everyone is chasing length....

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
Avoid! You're talking yourself into something you don't really want because nothing else is available today. Just hang on until you can get what you want. Wait two months and you'll have a bit of extra cash too.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 15:56 Quote
I'm 5'11" and some change. Like @endlessblockades I also still ride/own a 2015 Capra, in size L. For a while now I felt like the Capra was just a bit too short for me even in the size L and I could use 2 o 3 cm more reach. It was the main reason why I bought a new 2020 Jeffsy 29er this year. There was otherwise nothing wrong with the old Capra and I could probably ride it another season or two. I think the M would definitely be too short for you unless you prefer super short "bmx feel" bikes.

And resale value of old Capra frames is probably not much. I would not buy it if I were you.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 16:11 Quote
Ferisko wrote:
I'm 5'11" and some change. Like @endlessblockades I also still ride/own a 2015 Capra, in size L. For a while now I felt like the Capra was just a bit too short for me even in the size L and I could use 2 o 3 cm more reach. It was the main reason why I bought a new 2020 Jeffsy 29er this year. There was otherwise nothing wrong with the old Capra and I could probably ride it another season or two. I think the M would definitely be too short for you unless you prefer super short "bmx feel" bikes.

And resale value of old Capra frames is probably not much. I would not buy it if I were you.

Lots of good points, I will pass then! Thank you everyone for the help!

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 16:59 Quote
mtbikeadam wrote:

Based on reading many forums, I think you are right. I will hold for a Large.

However, I do have this idea.. I can get the bike for a steal of a deal of $1400. blue carbon pro with an extra coil shock. The idea is to sell the medium frame and purchase a large. There are not many frames for sale right now to compare.

Questions is, is there market for selling used 2015? Or are people too afraid of the cracking issues?

Save up some more and buy a new base Capra. It'll fit you better, everything is new and you get a warranty.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010203
Mobile Version of Website