YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 20:18 Quote
kwapik wrote:
mtbikeadam wrote:

Based on reading many forums, I think you are right. I will hold for a Large.

However, I do have this idea.. I can get the bike for a steal of a deal of $1400. blue carbon pro with an extra coil shock. The idea is to sell the medium frame and purchase a large. There are not many frames for sale right now to compare.

Questions is, is there market for selling used 2015? Or are people too afraid of the cracking issues?

Save up some more and buy a new base Capra. It'll fit you better, everything is new and you get a warranty.

I'd be wary of the SX drivetrain on it, but between it and the 2015 model I'd still pick the new one.

Or just keep browsing the used bike section.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 0:26 Quote
I’ve had a base 29 now for a week and I love it. I changed the gearing to Shimano 12 speed, and selling the SX is going to almost cover the cost of the switch. I put a Renthal bar on it but took it off again because it didn’t feel as good as the stock bar, geometry wise. I was going to change the crank and seat post, but those items are actually spot on. I would prefer more drop but 150 is fine for now. I’ve changed the wheels, tyres and saddle for my existing ones.

The base model is spot on tbh. You could spend double but you would not double your fun or cut your times (not downhill at least)

It’s amazing value

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 4:02 Quote
jaame wrote:
Avoid! You're talking yourself into something you don't really want because nothing else is available today. Just hang on until you can get what you want. Wait two months and you'll have a bit of extra cash too.

This !

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 4:58 Quote
Without trying to offend anyone, the base specs versions are just pure crap on some parts . 640 Grams cassette . SHAME ON YOU SRAM Whip

If tight on the budget , for 3K I would go for Propain Tyee, Commencal Meta 29 etc.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 5:52 Quote
bogdanc wrote:
Without trying to offend anyone, the base specs versions are just pure crap on some parts . 640 Grams cassette . SHAME ON YOU SRAM Whip

If tight on the budget , for 3K I would go for Propain Tyee, Commencal Meta 29 etc.
Shame on YT you mean...

To make it worse that pig heavy cassette is also on the COMP, and it has not the same hub driver so you cannot even change it to a GX or better with out having to make extra cost.

And for the price of a Pro you get a Tyee with Fox top spec and Code RSC's and for just a bit extra also X01. While the Pro just has Select+ RS spec.Madder

Currently thinking about an all Alumnium Tyee with or top RS of top Fox suspension, with X01 drive train minus the carbon cranks.

The new range YT was a huge disappointment for me.Blank Stare

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
bogdanc wrote:

I understand people are upset about the SX, but look around and you'll see it on MANY base bikes using it. Compare the 2020 Commencal Clash to the 27.5 base Capra. Same price, SX drivetrain, same Yari fork, but on the Capra you get the Superdeluxe (Deluxe on the Clash), Maxxis tires, slightly better brakes (Guide RE vs Guide T), and a dropper post ($2,300 for the Clash and no dropper??). I'll admit even the 2019 bikes were better spec than the 2020, but the price dropped $300. But I think if someone is looking to get their first full suspension bike, under $3,000, they'll save a few hundred dollars going with the YT.

For example:

Giant Reign - $2,700 - SX
Kona Process 153 - $2,799 - SX/NX mix
Scott Ransom 930 - $2,999 - SX

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 6:58 Quote
Well , shame on SRAM first for releasing a cassette on the market with that kind of weight. Double Shame on YT for selling anyting under GX on a bike as that Shimano old standard axle hub will keep you locked with anchor cassettes. People buy the CAPRA because it's a brand new bike that looks affordable since the PRO RACE top spec model gives good reviews but after riding it for a while when you start feeling the low quality wheels, drivetrain , dropper , fork and now recently the cracking chainstay, after a while the glamour goes away. As I said before , to me YT has lost it's way on the run, nice specd bikes became ridiculously prices, for 5.500 euros you cannot buy a top spec YETI , but a well speced Spesh Enduro for sure or many other nice bikes.

I only bought the 29'er Tues CF PRO as for 3000 euros nothing came close to that price , even in used market but otherwise there are some really nice other options out there.

I was looking as well at the new Tyee, just that with the DH bike now , it wouldn't make to much sense, as bike time comes hard lately , therefore for days in Saalbach or Maribor I'll use the big bike only and for regular riding, maybe a lightweight trail bike would make more sense. I've been looking at the Norco Optic for a while now but not ready to make the plunge Redface

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
The one big advance of the Capra is that it is designed for a double crown. So with just switching fork you could have it for park and enduro.

For the Tyee that is not 'allowed', at least they say it cannot handle it.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
You can still get 2019 specs in the outlet store, at least the US outlet, big discounts, select sizes and colors though

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
If you don’t own a Capra and don’t like them, why post repeatedly on this thread?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
Exactly!!! LOL

rpet wrote:
If you don’t own a Capra and don’t like them, why post repeatedly on this thread?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 9:01 Quote
rpet wrote:

....and I believe the original poster is in the US. How could buying a Propain be easy? They make no mention of shipping to USA and half their website is in German. Tyee "Delivery Time: approx. 75 working days" in the EU. Maybe homie shouldn't promote his favorite pet brand in the Capra Owners forum.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
I actually own 3 YT bikes, of which one is a Capra.

Until the 2020 range I was a big fan, and also advised the brand to others. As it was a good deal by a big margin.

Now you have more options that are at the same price/spec range. And it comes down to some minor preferences in order to decide between the options.

Isn't Canyon available in the US? Btw not really a fan of their current Enduro/Gravity line up. We do have an older 650B Strive.

derfernerf wrote:
bogdanc wrote:

I understand people are upset about the SX, but look around and you'll see it on MANY base bikes using it. Compare the 2020 Commencal Clash to the 27.5 base Capra. Same price, SX drivetrain, same Yari fork, but on the Capra you get the Superdeluxe (Deluxe on the Clash), Maxxis tires, slightly better brakes (Guide RE vs Guide T), and a dropper post ($2,300 for the Clash and no dropper??). I'll admit even the 2019 bikes were better spec than the 2020, but the price dropped $300. But I think if someone is looking to get their first full suspension bike, under $3,000, they'll save a few hundred dollars going with the YT.

For example:

Giant Reign - $2,700 - SX
Kona Process 153 - $2,799 - SX/NX mix
Scott Ransom 930 - $2,999 - SX
I think a Guide RE with the old code calipers is actually a better option than Guide T. But between those options it is quite close now.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 9:37 Quote
My bike cost me £2066 delivered. It has a boat anchor cassette. I’m ok with it. I’ll change it to a lighter one, perhaps nearly new xtr, when I get my new driver body. In that one small change I will save 300g which is pretty decent for an outlay of £150.
Double what you normally get.
There are alternatives but I’ve been wanting a Capra for about five years. Last year I ordered and paid and they kept pushing the date back so I got a refund. This year I saw the price, £1999, wow! Liked the colour, ordered it the day it was released and had it 13 days later.

No complaints at all.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 9:46 Quote
YT was first, but Canyon and Commencal also have US sales and support offices.

Propain does not even ship to the USA per a PB article.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008855
Mobile Version of Website