YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 4:19 Quote
Hello,
future owner on a Capra Al 2015 (ok, not me, but the mistress of the house - however, i'm bound to look after it, so i'm bound to ask Big Grin ). It's size S, so am wondering what dropper post to get for it - 125mm or 150mm drop? I think 125mm is ok, but gotta ask! Smile

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 5:31 Quote
More is better. No one has ever said “Bollocks. My dropper has too much drop!”

Get the longest one that will fit is my advice.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 15:34 Quote
hitarpotar wrote:
Hello,
future owner on a Capra Al 2015 (ok, not me, but the mistress of the house - however, i'm bound to look after it, so i'm bound to ask Big Grin ). It's size S, so am wondering what dropper post to get for it - 125mm or 150mm drop? I think 125mm is ok, but gotta ask! Smile

On small frames they were spec with 125mm.
https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/YT/Capra-AL-1,15667

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
Hello there,

happy Capra 29 Al Base (2019 Model) user here and i am thinking of installing the new Manitou Mara Pro rear shock(230*65).What do you guys think?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thank you in advance

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
amonas wrote:
Hello there,

happy Capra 29 Al Base (2019 Model) user here and i am thinking of installing the new Manitou Mara Pro rear shock(230*65).What do you guys think?

thank you in advance
Is there something wrong with your RS or you just wanna try something else ? Seems like a nice tunable shock

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
Other than good luck with the Mara, i’d only ask you to share your thoughts on the shock after you’ve put some miles on it. It’s new so nobody has experience with it yet - but looking at the latest products Manitou has gotten out on the market, the Mara looks to be incredible!

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 12:41 Quote
amonas wrote:
Hello there,

thank you in advance

Just Do It! You won’t regret it! While McLeod transformed the performance of my Jeffsy exponentially, the Mara takes that performance to the next level.

Mullen119 over on the MTBR forum Mara thread has been testing the Mara for a while and says ‘The biggest benefits of the Mara over the Mcleod is how tuneable it is. The Mcleod is a excellent shock, but it only has 4 compression settings and one of them is a lock out. With 23 clicks of LSC and 6 clicks of HSC, you can fine tune the feel of the Mara to a level that is just not possible on the Mcleod.

In the real world, that translates to better small bump performance while remaining more supportive, without feeling harsh on larger square edge bumps. The other key point is that it uses a similar idea to what push's 11/6 uses, where the climb (work) mode is a completely separate valve than the main base valve. That means you don't have to compromise the base valve tune to allow for a meaningful climb mode.’

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
I've been toying with the idea of installing a mara paired with the mezzer fork. Manitou suspension been really good. I wish they made a dorado that was 200mm travel and 29 compatible.

Posted: Feb 2, 2020 at 14:28 Quote
QuebecPoulin wrote:
amonas wrote:
Hello there,

thank you in advance
Is there something wrong with your RS or you just wanna try something else ? Seems like a nice tunable shock
the Al base model comes with the simple rebound only RS(nothing to tune there :-) ).I have recently sold my 2017 Al base capra which also was with RS monarch r.That i had replaced with the RS vivid R2C coil.Yes the coil rear shock completely transforms the 650b capra.BUT the 29" version is another story.i know for sure that with a coil shock the bike will be a DH beast.

i am afraid that with the coil shock the bike will lose its playfullness and bump ability.it will also become heavier.
I have never riden a Manitou before but trying to find an air shock with compression tuning AND climbing switch, seems impossible.i want to play with my compression and not just use 3 predefined settings(climb,trail,descent). Thats why i find Manitou brilliant.So far noone has said something negative about Manitou.Thats a big Plus as well.

PS:i was about to pull the trigger on the Cane creek CCDB CS coil before i found Mara online.My concerns now are if this shock matches our progressive bike and how can i make sure that it is a mid tune rear shock. Propably i am gonna send an email to Manitou for more info

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 11:29 Quote
Took my '20 Capra Base to Rays a couple weeks ago, what a riot!

Posted: Feb 3, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
Storz wrote:
Took my '20 Capra Base to Rays a couple weeks ago, what a riot!

How was that big of a bike at Rays? I know its a mountain bike park, but did you find it cumbersome?

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 8:10 Quote
It stopped f**kin' raining!!!

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
It stopped f**kin' raining!!!

Love that Capra paint job, and the setting isn't bad either, looks amazing Wink

Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
amonas wrote:
Hello there,

thank you in advance

Stick an X2 on it. My 2019 AL comp feels so much better than the 2018 one I also have.
In my opinion its the best shock money can buy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015275
Mobile Version of Website