YT Capra Owners

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
Yeah, I installed one on my alloy Capra. It's 64° in high position. I went with the Works Components brand as some Cane Creek anglesets are prone to creaking. And it is more reasonable.

I feel the bike just handles better in the corners and basically tracks better - especially at higher speeds. I'd say a more planted feeling. I really don't notice anything different with it going uphill.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:

I would be inclined to remove the band aid, peel the scab back and take a look at the carbon underneath. Unlike most metal, you can easily work with carbon using epoxy and even repair sheets - like a surfboard repair mentioned earlier. I'd sand back the paint around the wound to see if there are any cracks, and if not, just do whatever pleases you aesthetically and ride it til the wheels fall off.

Thanks for the tip! For now, I'm just gonna monitor the situation.

I removed the seat stay, chipped away a minimal amount of the paint and inspected it as best i could. It all looked OK and felt solid.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18314177/

I'm fairly sure the insert and surrounding composite is good to go. So I slapped it back together and marked the suspect area with torque putty to detect any play in that area.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18314178/
time to ride!

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 4:07 Quote
tbgd wrote:
drmantistobogganmd wrote:
Anyone any contact details for management or a complaints department at YT?
Currently dealing with someone called Chris and tbh they are being useless and changing their words.
Spoke with someone called Matt on the phone in July when I got my 2019 AL comp and there was some issues.
Had a nice chat about the bike and I said how much I appreciated some things.
Also talked about used the dual crown forks and they said they only thing to advise on is reducing the travel to 180mm.
Now it had obviously slipped their mind that they were talking about an ally capra.
I have since found out that the ally capra cannot safely take DC forks.
This is after selling most of the parts on my DH bike and my lovely grip 2 36’s.
Now all the parts that were sold where based on YT’s advice and its now cost me a lot of money as I don’t have a bike I can safely ride and cant build my DH bike or capra like they were without selling the parts.
I asked them 4 times do they not record the phone conversations and they ignored it.
They have now gone from saying its “unlikely” they advised this to “I have spoken with Matthew and he confirmed”.
Constantly going back on their word, ignoring me and trying to cover tracks.
Their advice has cost me a tonne of money and they don’t seem to give a shit.
Pumped over $10k into this brand in 2 years and now all im getting is absolutely no help at all.
Feel stupid for recommending them at all.
Now im down on a lot of parts and no bike to safely ride.
Or even safely ride and not be pissed off at the fact that im riding a brand that have f*cked me over.
Pisses me off of sly they are now being about any responsibility and changing their words.

I dealt with Matt over a warranty claim and it took ages and ages. There were times when I didn't have a response for 3 weeks!!! The customer service is the worse I've known.

I wouldn't worry about using DC. Just put the forks on and ride it. if you need to make a warranty claim then obviously don't tell them you had them on.

The issue is though it voids the warranty and they specifically said that the head-tube isnt built for it on the ally bike.
One bad crash could potentially mean dismemberment and no replacement Frown

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 4:18 Quote
But they wouldn’t know if you didn’t tell them.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
hi, i have a 2017 capra al comp and was looking to buy a new coil shock and was wondering if you can get a 222 x 70 coil as idk if it fits due to the current shock size being 222 x 66. thanks

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
danielhfranks wrote:
kwapik wrote:
Anyone any contact details for management or a complaints department at YT?
Currently dealing with someone called Chris and tbh they are being useless and changing their words.
Spoke with someone called Matt on the phone in July when I got my 2019 AL comp and there was some issues.
Had a nice chat about the bike and I said how much I appreciated some things.
Also talked about used the dual crown forks and they said they only thing to advise on is reducing the travel to 180mm.
Now it had obviously slipped their mind that they were talking about an ally capra.
I have since found out that the ally capra cannot safely take DC forks.
This is after selling most of the parts on my DH bike and my lovely grip 2 36’s.
Now all the parts that were sold where based on YT’s advice and its now cost me a lot of money as I don’t have a bike I can safely ride and cant build my DH bike or capra like they were without selling the parts.
I asked them 4 times do they not record the phone conversations and they ignored it.
They have now gone from saying its “unlikely” they advised this to “I have spoken with Matthew and he confirmed”.
Constantly going back on their word, ignoring me and trying to cover tracks.
Their advice has cost me a tonne of money and they don’t seem to give a shit.
Pumped over $10k into this brand in 2 years and now all im getting is absolutely no help at all.
Feel stupid for recommending them at all.
Now im down on a lot of parts and no bike to safely ride.
Or even safely ride and not be pissed off at the fact that im riding a brand that have f*cked me over.
Pisses me off of sly they are now being about any responsibility and changing their words.

If you want to put a dual crown fork on your Capra, do it. Plenty have already. Here's an alloy with a Boxxer. Looks fantastic imo.

That was actually my old Capra and loved it. Unfortunately didn't have a ton of time on it as I broke my tib/fib that summer. That was set up 170mm rear and 200mm front, but if you can, run it 180mm rear
Right so i have the 2017 AL Comp and i was looking at doing this so does it actually affect anything structurally having a DC fork on an alloy frame? Thanks

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 8:16 Quote
jaame wrote:
Well they know I have tried it now anyway. But I am sure they will tell by the way the frame brakes.
I can imagine the type of brake this could casue.

Regardless. I have lost out on a lot of money thanks to bad advice and pretty f*cked now I am a $10k customer being shunned, ignored and lied too.

f*ck YT now.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 8:26 Quote
erwxnn wrote:
hi, i have a 2017 capra al comp and was looking to buy a new coil shock and was wondering if you can get a 222 x 70 coil as idk if it fits due to the current shock size being 222 x 66. thanks

Yes! By increasing the stroke of the shock, you get 170mm of rear wheel travel. The increased travel wasn't really noticeable for me but just FYI. The coil suspension on the other hand; completely changed the bike for the better. These bikes really should come spec'd with coil shocks.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
Kelly McGarry on the Sky Gate DH race in China, he binned it on an alloy Tuesday. I seem to remember the frame didn’t snap, just the head tube deformed.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
code26 wrote:
erwxnn wrote:

Yes! By increasing the stroke of the shock, you get 170mm of rear wheel travel. The increased travel wasn't really noticeable for me but just FYI. The coil suspension on the other hand; completely changed the bike for the better. These bikes really should come spec'd with coil shocks.

hi,

i did have the same bike.
i swapped the default monarch with this one :

RockShox Vivid Coil R2C Rear Shock - black (ROX235086)
Fitting Length x Travel | Tune | MPN: 222 x 70 mm | mid rebound, mid compression | 00.4118.120.002

it literally transformed the bike.Do it ASAP :-)

btw in case you need it :

1x RockShox Eyelet Bushings 1/2"x1/2" - Ario / Monarch / Monarch / Kage / Vivid / Vivid Air (ROX235434)
1x RockShox Coil Spring for Kage / Vivid R2C Rear Shock Fitting Length 216 / 222mm - grey (ROX164540)

PS: Your bike doesn't use the new shock sizes (metric/trunion).But you already know it :-)

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
jaame wrote:
Well they know I have tried it now anyway. But I am sure they will tell by the way the frame brakes.

Regardless. I have lost out on a lot of money thanks to bad advice and pretty f*cked now I am a $10k customer being shunned, ignored and lied too.

f*ck YT now.

Sounds like there’s no pleasing you. What was the resolution you were looking for to satisfy you?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 15:06 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
jaame wrote:

f*ck YT now.

Sounds like there’s no pleasing you. What was the resolution you were looking for to satisfy you?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
amonas wrote:
code26 wrote:
erwxnn wrote:

hi,

i did have the same bike.
i swapped the default monarch with this one :

RockShox Vivid Coil R2C Rear Shock - black (ROX235086)
Fitting Length x Travel | Tune | MPN: 222 x 70 mm | mid rebound, mid compression | 00.4118.120.002

it literally transformed the bike.Do it ASAP :-)

btw in case you need it :

1x RockShox Eyelet Bushings 1/2"x1/2" - Ario / Monarch / Monarch / Kage / Vivid / Vivid Air (ROX235434)
1x RockShox Coil Spring for Kage / Vivid R2C Rear Shock Fitting Length 216 / 222mm - grey (ROX164540)

PS: Your bike doesn't use the new shock sizes (metric/trunion).But you already know it :-)
thanks guys Smile

Posted: Feb 26, 2020 at 7:28 Quote
Which fork offset is used on the 2020 Capra 29?

Br

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011175
Mobile Version of Website