YT Capra Owners

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Anyone compared the Capra to the Nomad 4 or SB150?

If money is no object what is the best descending bike regardless of climbing right now?

Nomad with a cascade link and dhx2, its the closest you'll get to a dh bike.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:34 Quote
Was definitely thinking that, the 190mm sounds tempting. But thinking these new 29ers with the bigger wheels would be better through the gnar than the extra travel. Seriiusly considerinv a Nomad with me being 5'7 but knowing my luck soon as I buy it they will release the V5.

Was thinking the Megatower with Cascade link would be even better than the Nomad but everyone is saying it's harsh.

Either way I've got a Push 11-6 in 230x65 ready to go on any of them...

Is that what you are riding btw?

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:41 Quote
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

If money is no object what is the best descending bike regardless of climbing right now?

I see you fitted dual crowns to a Capra which is what I intended, so guessing if you are still saying Nomad with cascade then that settles it really. Perhaps a Nomad mullet with cascade and dual crowns is the ticket.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

I see you fitted dual crowns to a Capra which is what I intended, so guessing if you are still saying Nomad with cascade then that settles it really. Perhaps a Nomad mullet with cascade and dual crowns is the ticket.

Nomad with cascade and dhx2 is super good, in my opinion, its better than most downhill bikes.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
rangerdanger69 wrote:

Nomad with cascade and dhx2 is super good, in my opinion, its better than most downhill bikes.

Thanks man been waiting for someone like yourself to point me in the right direction. Guess if you have a dual crown capra and say that then it must be amazing. Only issues is that damn slack seat tube for seated trail riding but sure it's a compromise I can get away with. Cheers

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

Thanks man been waiting for someone like yourself to point me in the right direction. Guess if you have a dual crown capra and say that then it must be amazing. Only issues is that damn slack seat tube for seated trail riding but sure it's a compromise I can get away with. Cheers

Seems like you have money. Get an ebike...

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 14:52 Quote
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
rangerdanger69 wrote:

Nah, that's cheating XD

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 2:30 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
rangerdanger69 wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:

Nah, that's cheating XD

If money is no object get a geometron G1 with Morc 36 dual crown fork.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 2:56 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Danzzz88 wrote:
rangerdanger69 wrote:

Nah, that's cheating XD

If money is no object get a geometron G1 with Morc 36 dual crown fork.

I'm not even sold on 29ers yet nevermind bikes with a mile long reach. Want to push the boundaries a bit from my Yeti Sb6 but still stay where I am familiar, I don't like the idea of being spread out across the bike like an olympic diver on the descents. That seems to be the complete opposite of downhill bike geometry, at least at the moment and it's a downhill like feel I'm looking for with loads of plush suspension but still able to pedal. Rather have a Boxxer, 40 or preferably Ohlins dual crown if I end up going that route. As far as I know aren't the capra and wreckoning the only enduro bikes ''officially" approved yo take a dual crown? The morc was a good idea a few years ago, with boxxer being only a few hundred grams more than a fox 38 the morc no longer makes any sense.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 6:04 Quote
Danzzz888, the 2019-2020 Yeti SBs are stretched put, but designed so the rider doesn’t have to stretch out- if that makes sense.

Several reviews comment on this, how the rider is best served being planted in the center of the bike. It took me a little while to get used to it on my SB130, and I think the Capra is easier to get along with- more intuitive.

Hard to explain and one man’s opinion.

I took my Capra out the other day for an XC ride with a steep decline section this week. I was impressed how well this 170mm 29er climbed with the shock and fork unlocked. I have an Aggressor on the rear and it felt snappy vs. a DHR II or DHF out back. And I could easily bomb & plow, or pick & pop
depending on the line I chose.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
Hi guys

does anyone know if the jeffsy flip chip is the same as the capra 29?

I've lost one working working on the bike in the garden after a couple of beers...

They dont have one listen for the capra but they do for the jeffsy.

alternatively would some be able to measure the dimensions of a jeffsy one?

Cheers Stu

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 13:55 Quote
Staktup wrote:
Danzzz888, the 2019-2020 Yeti SBs are stretched put, but designed so the rider doesn’t have to stretch out- if that makes sense.

Several reviews comment on this, how the rider is best served being planted in the center of the bike. It took me a little while to get used to it on my SB130, and I think the Capra is easier to get along with- more intuitive.

Hard to explain and one man’s opinion.

I took my Capra out the other day for an XC ride with a steep decline section this week. I was impressed how well this 170mm 29er climbed with the shock and fork unlocked. I have an Aggressor on the rear and it felt snappy vs. a DHR II or DHF out back. And I could easily bomb & plow, or pick & pop
depending on the line I chose.

Exactly that's what I've kept thinking and trying to say in some of the geometry threads. The more relaxed position allows both confident descending and also ability to pick the front wheel up easily. I don't understand this trend towards xc bike like geometry on a downhill bike. One concern with my sb6 that I think a longer reach may help though is front wheel washout on steep off camber turns. How do you find the front wheel grip with the Capra? Would you say you feel more confident going downhill on it compared to the geo of your sb130?

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 15:39 Quote
Another sizing question.. I'm 176cm (5'9"), and ordering a Capra 29. I'm trying to decide on the medium or large. Currently I ride a Giant Trance 27.5 so I'm using that as a comparison, not being able to see/ride the Capra before ordering.

I've attached a comparison of the geometry from my Trance against the medium and large Capra. I was leaning towards the medium, but I'm unsure now that the Capra's dropper is only 125mm (Trance is 150mm). Also thought maybe a large Capra with 29 would feel too big coming from 27.5...

Thoughts?

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 15:53 Quote
This website will make it easier to visualise. I'm 173cm and will go large if I get a Capra 29 myself.

https://99spokes.com/compare

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 18:59 Quote
dr-rudie wrote:
Another sizing question.. I'm 176cm (5'9"), and ordering a Capra 29. I'm trying to decide on the medium or large. Currently I ride a Giant Trance 27.5 so I'm using that as a comparison, not being able to see/ride the Capra before ordering.

I've attached a comparison of the geometry from my Trance against the medium and large Capra. I was leaning towards the medium, but I'm unsure now that the Capra's dropper is only 125mm (Trance is 150mm). Also thought maybe a large Capra with 29 would feel too big coming from 27.5...

Thoughts?

[Snipped photo]

I can't comment on that exact comparison, but I'm 5'10" and ride a L and it fits very well, it doesn't hurt (too much) on long rides and is pretty playful.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021478
Mobile Version of Website