YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 22:55 Quote
Out of stock. Does that mean that's it till January of a particular spec or colour? Just why...YT

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 23:33 Quote
Anyone know if you can preorder on the YT USA website if you live in the EU? Reason being is EU website says out of stock but USA website says available 12 august. Like wtf, why do european customers miss out on further batches when YT is based in Germany anyway. Maybe it's a sign just to get a Megatower and be done with it.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 23:43 Quote
As far as I know, European and American distributors are completely separate entities.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
For anyone with the DT Swiss 1900 series wheelset I have done the upgrade from 3-pawl to ratchet system as seen in this video:

https://youtu.be/e_XpRZCLTX4

Works great and not too expensive, especially if you source the tools on eBay. I found some people who used the tools once and sold them for less than half the original price. Just know that removing the original nut from the hub is extremely difficult because it is self tightening. The more you pedal the more it has been tightened. I love the upgrade though.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 5:57 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Anyone know if you can preorder on the YT USA website if you live in the EU? Reason being is EU website says out of stock but USA website says available 12 august. Like wtf, why do european customers miss out on further batches when YT is based in Germany anyway. Maybe it's a sign just to get a Megatower and be done with it.

Why don't you just email YT? This seems like a question very much outside the knowledge of ANYONE on this forum...

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 8:54 Quote
Is alloy capra rated for dual crown or only carbon?

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 9:12 Quote
nematon785 wrote:

Only the carbon is from what I heard, whether you want to risk it with the alloy is your choice. For the extra bit more money I would just get the Capra comp CF, will keep it's resale value much better, though I imagine perhaps you have seen a secondhand alloy frame cheap which is why you ask since they go for about half the price used as the carbon ones?

There was also a couple used frame for sale on Pinkbike, a red large cf going for 1100 dollars though it looks pretty scuffed paintwork wise so could be a project for you. I was considering it myself and getting it resprayed since it's it's so cheap but I live in the UK.

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 18:48 Quote
started getting a nasty creak / knock sound on my 2019 Capra Pro Race, dropped it off to my LBS and they threw their hands up in the air and said contact YT for warranty...engineer at YT told me its most likely bad bearings, bike is in at another LBS to get checked out on monday.

Ive never had a bike with bearings that went out in less than 1yr of riding, need to get a second bike just in case!

Posted: Jun 6, 2020 at 18:58 Quote
isitspicy wrote:
started getting a nasty creak / knock sound on my 2019 Capra Pro Race, dropped it off to my LBS and they threw their hands up in the air and said contact YT for warranty...engineer at YT told me its most likely bad bearings, bike is in at another LBS to get checked out on monday.

Ive never had a bike with bearings that went out in less than 1yr of riding, need to get a second bike just in case!

Most likely pressfit bottom bracket, remove the bottom bracket and regrease, check if the bearings are shot too though that's unlikely but possible. It's not so much the fact it's a YT as it's the fact it uses pressfit, my Yeti had the same issue, just pack it with grease.

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
isitspicy wrote:

I got my Capra ltd 29 in september and ive been chasing a nasty creak for the last few weeks.
thought it was the CSU on the fox 36s to start with.
the bearings in the front triangle where all very rough.
The 2 big bearing on the rocker where barely turning.
took them out and now they turn fine with clean white grease inside.
filmed it before and after as it was like that with the main pivot.
ordered new bearings. If they run fine in the frame ill just put it down to bad bearings but if not it must be an issue with the bearing seats in the frame. Though I doubt it would be the same issue between alloy and carbon frames so may be bad bearings.

Stu

Posted: Jun 7, 2020 at 21:39 Quote
nematon785 wrote:

Email YT and find out 100% truth

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:
isitspicy wrote:

I got my Capra ltd 29 in september and ive been chasing a nasty creak for the last few weeks.
ordered new bearings. If they run fine in the frame ill just put it down to bad bearings but if not it must be an issue with the bearing seats in the frame. Though I doubt it would be the same issue between alloy and carbon frames so may be bad bearings.

Stu

I just dealt with a bad creak/knock/pop sound whenever I'd weight/unweight the saddle, especially when climbing and going over rough terrain. Had same thoughts as you guys, checked all my bearings, headset, bb and couldn't remedy the sound. But others on here mentioned it could be the seat collar clamp, bingo! Pulled my OneUp dropper, cleaned the seat tube, took off and cleaned the collar, re-greased everything (carbon grease/paste), torqued to 5nm and haven't had any creaking/popping sound in about ~40+ miles of riding now.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
chacou wrote:
stuiewarrior wrote:
isitspicy wrote:

Stu

I just dealt with a bad creak/knock/pop sound whenever I'd weight/unweight the saddle, especially when climbing and going over rough terrain. Had same thoughts as you guys, checked all my bearings, headset, bb and couldn't remedy the sound. But others on here mentioned it could be the seat collar clamp, bingo! Pulled my OneUp dropper, cleaned the seat tube, took off and cleaned the collar, re-greased everything (carbon grease/paste), torqued to 5nm and haven't had any creaking/popping sound in about ~40+ miles of riding now.

ahh thats a weird one, when i checked the bearings and found they where shot i just lubed up all the pivot axles and everything and it sorted mine but obviously only temporarily. now the bearings and out and just waiting for the new ones.

mine was when i was out of the saddle too but ill clean up the post anyways

Cheers Stu

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 11:15 Quote
stuiewarrior wrote:

ahh thats a weird one, when i checked the bearings and found they where shot i just lubed up all the pivot axles and everything and it sorted mine but obviously only temporarily. now the bearings and out and just waiting for the new ones.

mine was when i was out of the saddle too but ill clean up the post anyways

Cheers Stu

Just curious, when you checked the stock bearings, were they Enduro Max (red covers) or blue covers, possibly Acros? My previous Jeffsy (2018 AL Comp) came with the blue cover bearings and they didn't last too long before they started sticking. When I ordered the replacement set through YT for that bike they sent me Enduro Max. So the other week when I was having my creaking/popping sounds, I didn't actually pull all my linkages apart to see the bearing covers on my Capra, just removed the shock and tire to "feel" the bearings with the bike in the stand, everything felt good. I did notice when I pulled my fork that the Acros headset bearings have the blue covers so I assume that the blue cover bearings that came stock on my '18 Jeffsy were possibly Acros as well, but there was no branding.

Posted: Jun 8, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
nematon785 wrote:

No. Only the carbon has the reinforced headtube for dual crown.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010684
Mobile Version of Website