YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 0:51 Quote
I want to change the housing because this one has approaching 1000 miles on it now. On the other hand, I don't want to change it because it looks like a massive pain in the neck for questionable gainz.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 1:29 Quote
Regarding internal cable routing, The capra has tubes inside the frame, or at least the 2018 27.5 carbon capra does, can't strictly speak for the alloy version as I don't have one of those.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 3:47 Quote
photo

What does everyone think of the new 2020 Capra SHRED Edition????

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 5:45 Quote
jaame wrote:
Mikepal, did you remove the fork and stuff the packing through the hole inside the head tube?

Exactly.

No need to remove the front brake, just dropped the fork low enough to get access and put just a little insulation in there to quiet things down. Worked like a charm and easy to get out if needed.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/092515/4-reasons-why-delaware-considered-tax-shelter.asp
kwapik wrote:
tup
undescended wrote:
kwapik wrote:

Where is the second US location?
I remember seeing something about it but this is all I can find... a branch of YT USA was incorporated in Delaware in Dec ‘19 with an Asheville, NC address...

When a company wants to save on taxes - one way is to register in Delaware Cool

Exactly

Scroll down this link a bit and you'll see why Delaware is popular - no taxes and extreme privacy - with shadowy overseas shell corps hiding money and ownership as well as with legit businesses.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
Has anyone removed the graphics from their Capra?

I have a ‘15 CF Pro Race and would like to get rid of the yellow graphics, maybe replace with red, but essentially trying to get rid of the bright colour. Unsure if they are lacquered over or if I can easily remove them with a bit of assistance from a hair drier.
First post on this group although I’ve had the bike for 4 years. Had a quick search for similar posts but didn’t find any answers.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 14:13 Quote
I am into the Shred Edition. I was hoping the Fox 38 would have been available at the start of the year.

I bought a Base 29 on the day it was released this year, and sold my Mega 290 the week after I got the Capra.

Now I wish I hd held onto the Mega until August and ordered one of those badboys. I would love to put a DHX2 on mine, and a Fox 38, but the aftermarket prices are prohibitively expensive.

I'm in half a mind to sell my Base29 and order one of these. They will probably be sold out by the time I make my mind up though.

Posted: Jun 27, 2020 at 19:32 Quote
jaame wrote:
I am into the Shred Edition. I was hoping the Fox 38 would have been available at the start of the year.

I bought a Base 29 on the day it was released this year, and sold my Mega 290 the week after I got the Capra.

Now I wish I hd held onto the Mega until August and ordered one of those badboys. I would love to put a DHX2 on mine, and a Fox 38, but the aftermarket prices are prohibitively expensive.

I'm in half a mind to sell my Base29 and order one of these. They will probably be sold out by the time I make my mind up though.

They are not a limited run. They are a new model line for the rest of the year.

Posted: Jun 28, 2020 at 0:57 Quote
That is true, however I had a terrible experience last year with the Capra I ordered last year. I ordered in I think April, and the day before I ordered the delivery date changed from June 16 to July 31 or something. Obviously they sold out the production run. Then when July came they pushed delivery back another two times. Eventually it was going to be October before I could get it, so I cancelled and bought a second hand Mega. This bike is going to be popular. It wouldn't surprise me if the delivery date got pushed back by the end of this weekend.

ALso looking at the specs for the Shred 29, it says the fork has the long 51mm offset. I wonder if this is a misprint. Similarly, the photos show the shock without climb switch, but the specs say it has the 2-pos adjust.

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 12:28 Quote
TL:dr - Modding 2018 Capra 27 for easier flow and trail riding?

Hi all, I have a Capra Alu 27.5 2018 which I bought new a few years ago. I have loved the bike despite quite a few component failures. I've used it almost exclusively for uplift days here in Switzerland, or in the French Alps (I have a 29er XC bike for day to day riding and mellow trails).

My riding buddy has switched to a ~130mm FS 29er as most of our local bikeparks have invested heavily into groomed flow trails, moving away from the older DH style runs. When we used to ride gnarlier DH the Capra shone, but on the longer trails we now seem to ride, the Capra seems to fall behind a bit (and I am also more out of shape) and I can't help but feel I'm massively overbiked.

We took a day riding the Runca trail last week and the small travel 29er on the broad berns, punchy climbs and smoothed out trail smoked me! I really struggled to keep up on all but the tech sections. Even on something like thre gnarlier Never End trail, the Capra seemed a bit out of it's/my normal habitat.

I'll be honest and say I was pissed at always being last (not usual!), and I immediately thought I wanted to sell the Capra and also go 29er (again, my previous bike was a 140mm fs 29er), but thought I'd ask the collective wisdom here if there were any tips or tricks people have used to make the 27.5 Capra a tighter more trail friendly bike?

I currently have DHF 2.5 WT and DHRII2.4 tires installed, and was thinking of going to a Minion SS at the back - or something lighter? Any other decent options?

I was also toying with upgrading to SRAM Eagle (I currently have the 9-46 cassette), but am unsure if it would work the with the RF Aeffect SL Crankset on the bike which I've no need to change?

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the Capra for this type of riding.

Cheers.

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 12:40 Quote
Marc2211 wrote:
TL:dr - Modding 2018 Capra 27 for easier flow and trail riding?

Hi all, I have a Capra Alu 27.5 2018 which I bought new a few years ago. I have loved the bike despite quite a few component failures. I've used it almost exclusively for uplift days here in Switzerland, or in the French Alps (I have a 29er XC bike for day to day riding and mellow trails).

My riding buddy has switched to a ~130mm FS 29er as most of our local bikeparks have invested heavily into groomed flow trails, moving away from the older DH style runs. When we used to ride gnarlier DH the Capra shone, but on the longer trails we now seem to ride, the Capra seems to fall behind a bit (and I am also more out of shape) and I can't help but feel I'm massively overbiked.

We took a day riding the Runca trail last week and the small travel 29er on the broad berns, punchy climbs and smoothed out trail smoked me! I really struggled to keep up on all but the tech sections. Even on something like thre gnarlier Never End trail, the Capra seemed a bit out of it's/my normal habitat.

I'll be honest and say I was pissed at always being last (not usual!), and I immediately thought I wanted to sell the Capra and also go 29er (again, my previous bike was a 140mm fs 29er), but thought I'd ask the collective wisdom here if there were any tips or tricks people have used to make the 27.5 Capra a tighter more trail friendly bike?

I currently have DHF 2.5 WT and DHRII2.4 tires installed, and was thinking of going to a Minion SS at the back - or something lighter? Any other decent options?

I was also toying with upgrading to SRAM Eagle (I currently have the 9-46 cassette), but am unsure if it would work the with the RF Aeffect SL Crankset on the bike which I've no need to change?

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the Capra for this type of riding.

Cheers.

If you're not enjoying the ride, get another bike. No point in trying to turn the Capra into an Izzo.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
Marc2211 wrote:
TL:dr - Modding 2018 Capra 27 for easier flow and trail riding

New light casing, less aggressive, possibly narrower tires can really do a lot to help speed, but if new tires and firmer suspension settings don’t do the trick, I wouldn’t spend more money getting the Capra to act more XC-like. My solution was to buy a hardtail for the calmer local trails (unfortunately I just had to get 2.5” doubledown assegais so it’s not actually that much faster than my Capra)

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 13:45 Quote
I've came to the same conclusion with mine, too much bike for 90% of the riding I do. I have a hardtail for the tamer terrain but it's no good for long days out in the mountains. Capra will be getting sold and I'll be getting myself a Stanton Switch FS 140.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 16:16 Quote
Howdy! I bet this has been asked tons but this thread's so huge it's tough to search lol...

2019 Capra CF Pro 29. About to order the 2021 Debonair air spring update for the Lyrik.

Since I'm going through the hassle, and since I feel good about a slightly slacker head angle, slightly shorter reach, and slightly higher BB, I figured let's up-fork to 170mm while I'm at it. (00.4020.572.001) Would end up with the 2020 geo

Which naturally got me thinking, why not go all out on a 180mm air shaft?? (00.4020.572.000)

Anybody else go through this and have any top tips to share?

My riding is like 65% grind up / rip down local trails, and 35% bike park / shuttle. I flip the chip depending

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
Summer snow - Grouse Ridge Lookout - Saturday 27-Jun-2020

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020789
Mobile Version of Website