YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 18:46 Quote
Summer snow - Grouse Ridge Lookout - Saturday 27-Jun-2020

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
Thanks for the advice everyone - you all pretty much confirmed my thoughts. My riding needs have changed and the Capra is just way more bike than I need. I have a 29er XC HT already that I use for my commute and easy trail rides (and anything that involves going uphill!) so I'll use that a lot more.

I've 2 people coming to view and try out the Capra tomorrow after I listed it for sale online, so hopefully it'll be in new hands soon.

In hindsight I really miss the 130mm Radon Slide FS 29er I sold to get the Capra, it did everything from Bike Parks to flow and trails - I think I'll get the current equivalent model of that bike as it had a much wider usage range (and I still have a spare set of 29er DH wheels I can put on to get rowdy!).

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 7:54 Quote
thartwig wrote:
Howdy! I bet this has been asked tons but this thread's so huge it's tough to search lol...

2019 Capra CF Pro 29. About to order the 2021 Debonair air spring update for the Lyrik.

Since I'm going through the hassle, and since I feel good about a slightly slacker head angle, slightly shorter reach, and slightly higher BB, I figured let's up-fork to 170mm while I'm at it. (00.4020.572.001) Would end up with the 2020 geo

Which naturally got me thinking, why not go all out on a 180mm air shaft?? (00.4020.572.000)

Anybody else go through this and have any top tips to share?

My riding is like 65% grind up / rip down local trails, and 35% bike park / shuttle. I flip the chip depending

Thanks!

Depending on how hard you push the bike,
I have found 180mm forks for 29ers can be a bit flexier. I don’t think it’s dangerous or anything, just something to note when extending the travel.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
Marc2211 wrote:
TL:dr - Modding 2018 Capra 27 for easier flow and trail riding?

Hi all, I have a Capra Alu 27.5 2018 which I bought new a few years ago. I have loved the bike despite quite a few component failures. I've used it almost exclusively for uplift days here in Switzerland, or in the French Alps (I have a 29er XC bike for day to day riding and mellow trails).

My riding buddy has switched to a ~130mm FS 29er as most of our local bikeparks have invested heavily into groomed flow trails, moving away from the older DH style runs. When we used to ride gnarlier DH the Capra shone, but on the longer trails we now seem to ride, the Capra seems to fall behind a bit (and I am also more out of shape) and I can't help but feel I'm massively overbiked.

We took a day riding the Runca trail last week and the small travel 29er on the broad berns, punchy climbs and smoothed out trail smoked me! I really struggled to keep up on all but the tech sections. Even on something like thre gnarlier Never End trail, the Capra seemed a bit out of it's/my normal habitat.

I'll be honest and say I was pissed at always being last (not usual!), and I immediately thought I wanted to sell the Capra and also go 29er (again, my previous bike was a 140mm fs 29er), but thought I'd ask the collective wisdom here if there were any tips or tricks people have used to make the 27.5 Capra a tighter more trail friendly bike?

I currently have DHF 2.5 WT and DHRII2.4 tires installed, and was thinking of going to a Minion SS at the back - or something lighter? Any other decent options?

I was also toying with upgrading to SRAM Eagle (I currently have the 9-46 cassette), but am unsure if it would work the with the RF Aeffect SL Crankset on the bike which I've no need to change?

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the Capra for this type of riding.

Cheers.

If you try and build a bike that does many things good, it won't do any thing well.
(hope this makes sense)

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
Truelyght wrote:
Do you guys have any idea of the parts I need to fix this? according to the YT blow, I need 2 bearing a spare and a retaining bolt but I am not sure how you fit all of that into the main bearing

YT Capra CF 29

I just noticed the other day that this nut on my '19 Capra 29 CF had this same exact issue. Luckily I caught it before I lost the nut, but the nut had worked it's way very very loose.

Posted: Jul 2, 2020 at 14:38 Quote
Just checked my 2019 Al 27.5” Capra, the big giant 20 NM upper frame bolt on the drive side was really loose, even with blue locktite on it. Luckily that was the only loose bolt, lower bolt was fine and non-driveside upper was fine too

I guess don’t forget to check your linkage bolts guys

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
[Quote="wilfred2551"]

What does everyone think of the new 2020 Capra SHRED Edition????[/Quote I’m not a fan there is no hex or lac options on the suspension so it is just a glorified slightly better Capra base for 1300 dollars more

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
[Quote="Willoetreee"]
wilfred2551 wrote:

What does everyone think of the new 2020 Capra SHRED Edition????[/Quote I’m not a fan there is no hex or lac options on the suspension so it is just a glorified slightly better Capra base for 1300 dollars more

You mean apart from all the better components and the 38s.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 15:39 Quote
I've got a base and I have been looking at the shred.
Thinking about it, the parts it hs that I want are the suspension parts.
The other bits and the colour, not so much.
The Limited definitely looked better, but I'm not into the gold Fox stuff anymore.

Had I known about the Shred when I ordered my base, I would have waited. It's not worth the switch though. May as well keep my base for a year and see what comes out next year, be that a new Capra platform or a Nukeproof Mega Mullet.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 16:45 Quote
Hi Guys, It's been a while since I've posted anything in this group but I'm after people's opinions on revamping my Mk 1 Capra CF Pro 170mm with DHX2 Coil to a mullet bike with a 29er 2020 RockShox Lyrik Ultimate fork 150 or 160mm travel with airshaft upgrade. The bike has been everywhere hitting the bike parks and alps regularly. My question is do I go for 160mm or more up front on the 29er lyrik fork and a beefier 650b rear tyre on the back? Currently running 2.4 wild enduro tyres which I love so was hoping to keep the same tyre setup. Maybe too rad for the french alps like Morzine? Any suggestions much appreciated.
YT Capra beefed up

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 12:14 Quote
Trial mullet setup. Test ride tommor. Doesn't look too bad..Big Grin

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 15:21 Quote
You are going to love it.
I notice you have two shocks. Which do you prefer?

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
Hi, i have a 2020 capra in 29 and Want to swap my Shock to a Rock shox super Deluxe ultimate coil, But i am Not sure what tune i Need for example tune mid/ mid or mid/ low. Does somebody has experienses with that ?

P.S. I am sorry for my Bad english, i am from Germany

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
So after about 350 miles my rear E13 LG1+ EN rim is done. I've never dented a rim so much so quickly, had I known I would've put Cushcore in right away, but the first few dents showed up after the first couple rides and the nail in the coffin was riding Trestle Bike Park this past weekend. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, par for the course for E13 products, great customer service but shit product.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
chacou wrote:
So after about 350 miles my rear E13 LG1+ EN rim is done. I've never dented a rim so much so quickly, had I known I would've put Cushcore in right away, but the first few dents showed up after the first couple rides and the nail in the coffin was riding Trestle Bike Park this past weekend. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, par for the course for E13 products, great customer service but shit product.

Haha...that's funny....I got a huge dent last week on Search and Seizure. Thankfully I was able to pound most of it out and CushCore is now installed.

What are you going to replace them with?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011670
Mobile Version of Website