YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
chacou wrote:
mikepal wrote:
chacou wrote:
So after about 350 miles my rear E13 LG1+ EN rim is done. I've never dented a rim so much so quickly, had I known I would've put Cushcore in right away, but the first few dents showed up after the first couple rides and the nail in the coffin was riding Trestle Bike Park this past weekend. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, par for the course for E13 products, great customer service but shit product.

Haha...that's funny....I got a huge dent last week on Search and Seizure. Thankfully I was able to pound most of it out and CushCore is now installed.

What are you going to replace them with?

Looking at at set of Spank 350 or DT Swiss XM1501/XM481 on 350 hubs.
For now I'm trying to bend out the dents, but the wheel has a pretty good hop in it so I can ride some the next few days. Tire is still holding air, but it's a little unnerving how soft this rims are.

I got onyx classic to xm481 rims that I could sell you.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:13 Quote
Unfortunately put a big scratch in my 2018 CF pro. Has anyone managed to find any touch up paint?

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 14:19 Quote
Or find something close?

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 15:48 Quote
chacou wrote:
So after about 350 miles my rear E13 LG1+ EN rim is done. I've never dented a rim so much so quickly, had I known I would've put Cushcore in right away, but the first few dents showed up after the first couple rides and the nail in the coffin was riding Trestle Bike Park this past weekend. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, par for the course for E13 products, great customer service but shit product.

Could be the product, could be your setup/riding style. I have well over 3,000 miles on mine and both are fine. It's one of the lightest aluminum enduro/dh rims out there so take them for what they're worth.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
sidekicksjn wrote:
Or find something close?

Nail polish! Chicks need them in every shade imaginable so I'd almost guarantee you'll find something super close.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 16:04 Quote
code26 wrote:
chacou wrote:

Could be the product, could be your setup/riding style. I have well over 3,000 miles on mine and both are fine. It's one of the lightest aluminum enduro/dh rims out there so take them for what they're worth.

IDK, in ~1500 miles on my DT Swiss M1900 wheels that came stock on my last bike (Jeffsy) not a single dent. These E13 LG1+ "enduro" rims dented so easily early on, granted my local trails are very rocky, but the same terrain never dented those cheaper DT Swiss wheels in two seasons, took only a handful of rides for these. It was done in by a landing smack on the edge of on a rock coming down Middle Blvd at Trestle, such a terrible sound/feel and put a huge flat spot in the rim, BUT the Michelin Wild Enduro tire held strong and it's still holding air, just kinda nervous about the how wheel failing now.

I've got an E13 pro-form so I'm contemplating what to do. $60 for a new LG1+ EN 29 rim, then rebuild the wheel and cushcore it. Or go another route entirely, can get the E13 LG1r carbon wheelset for just under $1k after profrom. Just got home from the LBS, was looking for cushcore, and even the techs there commented on how soft the E13 wheels are and they recommended the E13 carbon rim if re-building off that hub.

Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 19:37 Quote
chacou wrote:
code26 wrote:
chacou wrote:

IDK, in ~1500 miles on my DT Swiss M1900 wheels that came stock on my last bike (Jeffsy) not a single dent. These E13 LG1+ "enduro" rims dented so easily early on, granted my local trails are very rocky, but the same terrain never dented those cheaper DT Swiss wheels in two seasons, took only a handful of rides for these. It was done in by a landing smack on the edge of on a rock coming down Middle Blvd at Trestle, such a terrible sound/feel and put a huge flat spot in the rim, BUT the Michelin Wild Enduro tire held strong and it's still holding air, just kinda nervous about the how wheel failing now.

I've got an E13 pro-form so I'm contemplating what to do. $60 for a new LG1+ EN 29 rim, then rebuild the wheel and cushcore it. Or go another route entirely, can get the E13 LG1r carbon wheelset for just under $1k after profrom. Just got home from the LBS, was looking for cushcore, and even the techs there commented on how soft the E13 wheels are and they recommended the E13 carbon rim if re-building off that hub.

Hmm, interesting points. See, my experiences with any DT hoops has led me to believe they're made of a soft cheese-like material. LOL!
I do run higher (25-28psi) pressures and tend to be lighter on the bike and pick my lines better so these light duty "enduro" rims last longer with me I guess.
I've had GREAT experiences all around with Novatec wheels. Zero! complaints there..

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 at 23:43 Quote
code26 wrote:
chacou wrote:
code26 wrote:

Hmm, interesting points. See, my experiences with any DT hoops has led me to believe they're made of a soft cheese-like material. LOL!
I do run higher (25-28psi) pressures and tend to be lighter on the bike and pick my lines better so these light duty "enduro" rims last longer with me I guess.
I've had GREAT experiences all around with Novatec wheels. Zero! complaints there..

Yeah, I'll tend to just ease off the brakes, weight over the bottom bracket, and smash (hence the preference for 29 vs 27.5) ...after a couple beers and doing some research I just said f'it, and ordered a E13 LG1R EN wheel, should be here Saturday, lifetime warranty! Wink

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 0:32 Quote
Hi all, new to your page, getting my first direct sales bike - a 2020 Capra comp. just wondering from all what I’m reading, do i need to bleed the brakes before riding?

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 2:35 Quote
JackieSantiago wrote:
Hi all, new to your page, getting my first direct sales bike - a 2020 Capra comp. just wondering from all what I’m reading, do i need to bleed the brakes before riding?

Highly unlikely. I've ordered 2 Capras and both had perfectly working brakes.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 4:20 Quote
My Capra and my mate's Jeffsy both had brakes that did not need to be bled. Actually, when they assemble the bikes at YT, they have to feed the hose through the frame, attach the caliper, and then bleed the brakes.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 7:32 Quote
JackieSantiago wrote:

Just check that there is enough grease in the headset and your standard bolt check before the first ride and after every ride until you’re sure nothing is coming loose.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
When I received my capra the rear brake needed a bleed. My derail hangar needed straightened, my seatpost needed a replaced lever, and a recall kit mailed and installed (e13 junk). Some get lucky, just do a thorough check when you receive and set up. I have seen bikes from a shop need similar stuff also.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 9:19 Quote
When I got my Capra back in 2018 the rear brake was fine for about a week, then needed a bleed as the lever started going to the bar when hot. I suspect that when they cut the cable to put it through the frame, they didn't rebleed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021581
Mobile Version of Website