YT Capra Owners

| Next Page
Posted: 2 days ago Quote

So happy with the new headset Hopefully the cups on there for the life of the frame.

I just ordered a Capra Shred and of course I’m seeing posts scattered about regarding cracking issues with Capras. Do YTs have a higher crack rate than most other manufacturers? I’m a bit nervous now and wondering if I should cancel my order.

Pw3669 wrote:
I just ordered a Capra Shred and of course I’m seeing posts scattered about regarding cracking issues with Capras. Do YTs have a higher crack rate than most other manufacturers? I’m a bit nervous now and wondering if I should cancel my order.

it's higher than other manufacturers,but not as much as canyon i think

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Also consider the fact that the shred is an aluminum frame, I’ve seen a few people have issues with the aluminum frames, but by far I see more cracks on carbon YTs

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Some bikes crack. The manufacturing partner that actually makes YT bikes also makes several other brands. YT design the bikes, they don't make them.

I say go for it with the Shred. It might crack, but probably won't. Just like any other brand. Except the ones that probably will crack. YT is not in that category.

Posted: 24 hours ago Quote
Can say I’m fully confident in my ‘18 CF pro. Been runnin it as a park bike all season with a 180 Boxxer on it. No question about its durability.

Posted: 20 hours ago Quote
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
chacou wrote:
Thanks all, finally got it with help from a buddy (extra set of hands to hold levers in place) and warming up the tire/wheel with the car in the sun. Damn I really hope these tires last longer than any of the single ply E13 tires have lasted me (ie: more than a handful of rides)

How do you find they ride (besides the flimsy sidewalls)?

The single ply E13 tires? I was getting along pretty well with the LG1 EN tires that came stock on the '19 Capra CFP 29 (the gen 2 version, 2.35) however I pinch flatted the rear tire about a dozen rides in or so and it left a nice ~1.5cm tear just above the bead. I then took those off for some Micheline Wild Enduros I had on my old bike.
I ordered new E13 tires a couple weeks back since the price is right for me and I actually did like the grip of the tires, although they are slower rolling than many other options. I just recently put a on a new E13 LG1 EN Mopo on the front and an LG1 SS on the rear, front being dual ply and rear being single ply. Rear pinch flatted and get a nice 1-2cm tear along the bead on my second ride out. I run about 28psi rear, 25 front. I had another new LG1 EN Mopo tire on hand, which I just put on the back end and was super tight going on, hopefully with the Cushcore and dual ply casing I don't pinch flat this one.

I never had pinch flat issues with same/similar pressures on my old DT Swiss wheels and Maxxis or Michelin tires. But both the E13 LG1 aluminum wheels and now E13 LG1 carbon wheels I've pinch flatted both. Maybe something with the rim bead shape, IDK...

Posted: 17 hours ago Quote
Noeserd wrote:
Pw3669 wrote:

Is there any company that's worse than Canyon? lol

Posted: 16 hours ago Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
Pw3669 wrote:

Sick?

Posted: 14 hours ago Quote
OneTrustMan wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
Pw3669 wrote:

I thought people had high praise for Canyon.

Posted: 3 hours ago Quote
I sold my 2018 AL Comp Capra last month - looking back, it needed a lot of maintainence and if I'm honest I was never fully confident with it. Didn't have an issue with cracks, but the components on mine were really fragile.

After the 2018 season where I used the bike for 4 light bike park days only (I don't really jump or do heavy drops these days due to injuries), it needed new bearings, new headset, full brake bleed (they had air from the start), and worse, a full wheel rebuild as they were destroyed.

Speaking to the bike shop, they were of the opinion that the bearings and headset weren't the best quality and had too much play from the start. They mentioned that nearly every Capra they had seen needed a brake bleed from new. The wheels were odd as they felt the spokes were not tensioned enough, but the rims just fatigued really badly to the point they would not stay true.

I had all the work done (inc the wheel rebuild with EX511 rims, 1000CHF total :gulp: ) and had no issues from then on - this has always made me think that the assembly wasn't top to begin with.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009327
Mobile Version of Website