YT Capra Owners

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 10:22 Quote
chacou wrote:
watch123 wrote:
Anyone know the thread specs for these bolts? Seems like I lost one somehow.

I know they're 8mm x 30mm and 8mm x 40mm
Maybe these would help?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_metric_screw_thread
https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/basic-thread-concepts

Ok, thanks. I'll make sure to bring it with me next time I go to the hardware store (or rather, the store for bolts/fasteners).

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 14:07 Quote
watch123 wrote:
chacou wrote:
watch123 wrote:
Anyone know the thread specs for these bolts? Seems like I lost one somehow.

Maybe these would help?

Ok, thanks. I'll make sure to bring it with me next time I go to the hardware store (or rather, the store for bolts/fasteners).

It will be an "M8" Bolt i am pretty sure.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
I am 174cm or 5’8.5” tall. I have normal proportions for my height. According to YT website I am either at the top range for a medium or the bottom range for a large. My current bike has a 444mm reach and feels on the smaller side for me. The medium Capra has 435mm and large has 455mm. I’m thinking I should size up to the large size Capra.

My main concerns are if I will have trouble with seat tube length being too long or if it will feel too big when I am seated and pedaling. Is there anyone who rides a large Capra at my height that can let me know how it fits them?

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
aktg wrote:
I am 174cm or 5’8.5” tall. I have normal proportions for my height. According to YT website I am either at the top range for a medium or the bottom range for a large. My current bike has a 444mm reach and feels on the smaller side for me. The medium Capra has 435mm and large has 455mm. I’m thinking I should size up to the large size Capra.

My main concerns are if I will have trouble with seat tube length being too long or if it will feel too big when I am seated and pedaling. Is there anyone who rides a large Capra at my height that can let me know how it fits them?

DO you know what your inseam length is?

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 16:50 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
watch123 wrote:
chacou wrote:

Maybe these would help?

It’s definitely an M8, I just took the hardware out of a shock I bought, confirmed as a takeoff from a 2020 Capra (checked the shock code with Fox) and it had M8 x 30 and M8x 40 hardware in it.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 17:27 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
watch123 wrote:

It’s definitely an M8, I just took the hardware out of a shock I bought, confirmed as a takeoff from a 2020 Capra (checked the shock code with Fox) and it had M8 x 30 and M8x 40 hardware in it.

Ok, excellent, thank you for checking.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 21:19 Quote
watch123 wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

Try giving YT canada and YT USA both and email and see if they have one kicking around. They were "out of stock" in canada at the end of July and I emailed YT Canada and they "found one".

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 3:55 Quote
I ordered a set a month ago; took 10 days but COVID...

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 5:24 Quote
sendit4 wrote:
watch123 wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Try giving YT canada and YT USA both and email and see if they have one kicking around. They were "out of stock" in canada at the end of July and I emailed YT Canada and they "found one".

My plan was just to swing by the hardware store and see if they have one (of course bring the other bolt with me). If they don't there's a store nearby that specializes in fasteners, so I could just go there. Hopefully I don't have to order the set from their website....

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
I also recommend not torquing the shock bolts over 10 N.m. YT specs 10-12, I went to 11 and the bolt head snapped.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 7:47 Quote
watch123 wrote:
sendit4 wrote:
watch123 wrote:

My plan was just to swing by the hardware store and see if they have one (of course bring the other bolt with me). If they don't there's a store nearby that specializes in fasteners, so I could just go there. Hopefully I don't have to order the set from their website....

It might not be the sexiest solution but I am sure you can at least find something that will work for now.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
watch123 wrote:
sendit4 wrote:

It might not be the sexiest solution but I am sure you can at least find something that will work for now.

Found a bolt that fit (a M6), although it has a phillips head. Should work for now (nothing more permanent than a temporary solution). See image here of my solution.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
watch123 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
watch123 wrote:

Found a bolt that fit (a M6), although it has a phillips head. Should work for now (nothing more permanent than a temporary solution). See image here of my solution.

Just keep an eye on it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2020 at 9:52 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
watch123 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:

Just keep an eye on it.

Yeah, of course, that's the plan now that I know something could go wrong.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 0:01 Quote
I got a spare set of shock bolts if you need. Used but not over-torqued or anything.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011294
Mobile Version of Website