YT Capra Owners

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
austin915 wrote:
Staktup wrote:
austin915 wrote:
Hey all, Ive got a 2020 capra pro race i race enduros on. This past weekend i was doing some practice runs and in a fast and rough downhill section my chain came off the top jockey wheel and went in between the wheel and the derailleur frame and was making it jump between gears. No biggie, thought it was just a fluke. I stopped, threw the chain back on the wheel and went about my day. The next day during the race, in the same section in probably the exact same spot it did it again. I wasnt willing to stop this time and just finished the section out and fixed it when i got across the line. Anyone else had this issue? Its got X01 on it and i see no reason why it wouldnt do it again. It was a fast section so i was down probably 2nd from the smallest gear when it happened. Is there a fix for it? Stiffer spring? Ive had my 19 jeffsy cf pro with GX on it on equally rough and fast and never had that happen. If you got any ideas let me know. Id rather not have to deal with this during a race section

Maybe replace the pulley with one that has larger teeth, especially if the stock SRAM pulley teeth are worn down?

bike only has about 80 miles on it, Hell the jeffsy has 1500 and doesnt have this issue. IDK about the clutch, not sure how to check it. Tension feels the same on the jeffsy vs the capra

I have no idea what's wrong with it, but you can't adjust the tension on SRAM derailleurs.

What exactly was that section of trail like?

Also consider posting in the general mechanics thread, although maybe consider formatting your post a bit better than how it is on here.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
austin915 wrote:
Hey all, Ive got a 2020 capra pro race i race enduros on. This past weekend i was doing some practice runs and in a fast and rough downhill section my chain came off the top jockey wheel and went in between the wheel and the derailleur frame and was making it jump between gears. No biggie, thought it was just a fluke. I stopped, threw the chain back on the wheel and went about my day. The next day during the race, in the same section in probably the exact same spot it did it again. I wasnt willing to stop this time and just finished the section out and fixed it when i got across the line. Anyone else had this issue? Its got X01 on it and i see no reason why it wouldnt do it again. It was a fast section so i was down probably 2nd from the smallest gear when it happened. Is there a fix for it? Stiffer spring? Ive had my 19 jeffsy cf pro with GX on it on equally rough and fast and never had that happen. If you got any ideas let me know. Id rather not have to deal with this during a race section
I had a jockey wheel bearing go bad one time and it caused this issue. Check that the bolt holding the jockey wheel in is tight and that there's no side to side play in the jockey wheel

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 15:31 Quote
danielomeara wrote:
Think we will see a new Capra frame for 2021? It feels like it could use a refresh... specifically the STA. Only thing I don’t like about my bike especially with a 210mm dropper on an XXL.

i really hope so! kinda what i'm holding out for right now.

would be good to see different STA and a bottle holder haha. honestly so handy having one.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 1:27 Quote
Hi I have a 2017 Capra cf and thinking of putting a coil on the bike. I'm looking for any advice or recommendations. I do still put in the miles peddling this bike but love to ride the full-on descents and bike parks. Not sure what are good enduro coil shocks

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 7:10 Quote
neverask wrote:
Hi I have a 2017 Capra cf and thinking of putting a coil on the bike. I'm looking for any advice or recommendations. I do still put in the miles peddling this bike but love to ride the full-on descents and bike parks. Not sure what are good enduro coil shocks

I've had really good luck with my Cane Creek Inline coil shock. Tons of adjustment, great lock out, and you can decide if you want a reservoir or save some more weight (like I did) and go with the inline version without a reservoir. You can make the inline coil shock lighter than a Fox X2 if you fit the Fox SLS spring to it (it fits, despite what the website information says)
All YT bikes benefit hugely from a coil shock and should come specd. with them.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 8:11 Quote
neverask wrote:

Can’t speak to coil, as I haven’t tried one. But I did upgrade to a Fox factory X2 recently and that has been a huge upgrade. Matches up well with YT’s suspension kinematic IMO. It’s so incredibly tuneable that getting a really linear and coil-like feel wasn’t hard to accomplish.

So if you can’t find a coil you like, I can recommend the Factory X2. I recommend factory mainly for its high and low speed compression and rebound settings. The non factory only has high-speed dials.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
neverask wrote:
Not sure what are good enduro coil shocks
IMO, whatever is affordable, available, and easily serviceable. Lots of adjust ability can backfire for many riders in cases where the rider doesn't spend the time setting things correctly. I'm more of a set it and forget it type, I don't spend much time tinkering on the suspension a couple turns here and there, I tend to quickly set things up, if it "feels good" then I'll just stick with it, so that influences my opinion. While a DHX2, EXT, or Push is awesome, I can't justify the price despite how many adjustments there are. Fox, DVO, CC, MRP, RS, Marz, Ohlins, EXT, Push all offer great shocks. I think X-Fusion looks good, but I think parts/service for them is tougher, and I'm not sure if SR Suntour has a coil shock or not.

I found a DVO Jade, and springs, on here for cheap, I do need to change the oil/service it soon. Stroke is about 230x60, but cut off the plastic ~2.5mm spacer, so it's got a bit longer stroke now. LSC, HSC, rebound, 2.5"x500lbs spring, pretty much just set it and forget it, I've got LSC about 2.5-3 turns from closed and HSC pretty much all the way open and the rebound is slow but not molassass. It put in a solid 14.2 miles w/ 3,248 elevation yesterday and had no regrets about the setup. There was a good bit of hike a bike, but lots of it was mandatory hike a bike no matter the bike. Aside from that it's a sure footed climber, maybe not the fastest, but it does well in and out of the saddle, loads of grip. I love the way the coil compliments the V4L platform on the Capra. I'd maybe want my Super Deluxe w/ switch for a long, sustained road climbs or if I rode more buff and mellow singletrack. For the terrain around here, the traction and small bump performance is awesome both climbing and descending. You sacrifice a bit in climbing efficiency and weight with a coil, but the benefits on a bike like the Capra far outweigh the sacrifice. Added a DSD Runt the other week too, awesome update for the 170mm Lyrik C1

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
neverask wrote:

Look at the Marzocchi Bomber cr coil. Great coil shock at a good price.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
neverask wrote:
...also keep in mind you can do aftermarket tunes and get things like progressive springs, although the Capra doesn't really need a progressive spring IMO, making a "simple" shock even better.

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 7:43 Quote
Manilow97 wrote:
billyno wrote:
Manilow97 wrote:
Long shot here, but... I recently crashed my 2017 Capra CF and cracked my CF seatstay. YT wants $400 for a new one. While this isn't too outrageous, I'm a pretty broke college kid. Anyone have a source on a cheaper 2017 Capra seatstay? Maybe someone cracked their frame? Supposedly even the aluminum 2017 Capras have cf seatstays which is a bummer since I won't be able to purchase a cheaper aluminum version. Thanks

sorry I don't have any source info but did the same thing (on my 2015 AL) and paid about the same to get it fixed by YT - I thought the price was a bit steep but what was more of a drag is they wouldn't send me the seatstay and insisted I send the frame back to germany, told me it would be done and returned in 2 weeks but it took several weeks to come back - I hope your experience is better.
Not sure where you are based but my impression from reading this thread over the last 6 years is that YT customer support in other countries is much better than from the UK. Good luck
Yeah, I'm the second owner and they required me to send in the original order form to even discuss fixing it...Luckily I saved the guys contact info and still have it 2 years later, and hes cool. I could imagine so many people being out there entire bike cause of this. They still wouldn't accept the first order form I sent that the original owner supplied, so I had to bug him again for a different one with the bike model on it...needless to say when I get a new bike once I graduate college in a year, I won't be buying a YT...

i had a carbon copy (no pun intended) experience, including managing to get the original receipt and order form from the original buyer, however i couldn't bring myself to shell out the money they were asking as well as send my entire damn frame to Germany so i ended up buying a new bike. I now have a perfectly good Capra front triangle and shock but missing a seatstay. so annoying.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
If I just wanted to try a new frame, what is the going rate for a 2020 Capra Carbon Frame size Large.

With or without rear shock.

Whole bike only has about 100 miles on it.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
whitedlite wrote:
If I just wanted to try a new frame, what is the going rate for a 2020 Capra Carbon Frame size Large.

That is kind of a tough one but I would think around $1000 is pretty fair/reasonable. Interested to hear if anyone thinks this is way off. Maybe like $800 if no shock and definitely depends on what the shock is too.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 13:21 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
whitedlite wrote:

That is kind of a tough one but I would think around $1000 is pretty fair/reasonable. Interested to hear if anyone thinks this is way off. Maybe like $800 if no shock and definitely depends on what the shock is too.

I'd say you could get like 1500 to 2k for it.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 15:07 Quote
rangerdanger69 wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
whitedlite wrote:

I'd say you could get like 1500 to 2k for it.

I was thinking you’re right 1500-2k

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
Here's the marketplace:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?region=3&q=Capra&page=1&category=2

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036204
Mobile Version of Website