YT Capra Owners

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
Here's the marketplace:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/list/?region=3&q=Capra&page=1&category=2

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 18:27 Quote
Had a local message me. Gotta ask, would you guys trade a 2020 Capra Comp 29 for a 2021 Trek EX8.

Value wise I’m way ahead.

Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 23:44 Quote
I personally would not. But I don't have an interest in riding a trail bike with those geo numbers.

If you're trying to look at it from a value standpoint, I still don't think I would. You may win in the value department, but I think it'll cause you other problems. Say it doesn't work with how you want to ride. Now you have to go through selling it and then buying something that fits your riding style. And given the current lack of supply (at least in my part of the USA) you may have trouble finding another bike.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 14:15 Quote
Ha, yeah. I have a buddy that gave a shop ~$5000+ about a month ago for a Ripmo, still no date. His wife waited like 10 weeks for a Juliana this summer as well. Crazy. Meanwhile though another buddy has ordered an Evil and received it and sold his Patrol, but the Ripmo guy can't get his deposit back from the shop.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
chacou wrote:
Ha, yeah. I have a buddy that gave a shop ~$5000+ about a month ago for a Ripmo, still no date. His wife waited like 10 weeks for a Juliana this summer as well. Crazy. Meanwhile though another buddy has ordered an Evil and received it and sold his Patrol, but the Ripmo guy can't get his deposit back from the shop.

if a service/product hasnt been provided hes 100% eligible for his own money back.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 7:01 Quote
chacou wrote:

At the start of this pandemic I bough a box of shift cables, grips, brake fluid, brake pads and tires in preparation for this supply chain shortage coming out of (pick your favorite asian country) due to factory shutdowns. I would expect supplies from companies that produce their products oversees to be tight for a while longer.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 10:14 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
chacou wrote:

if a service/product hasnt been provided hes 100% eligible for his own money back.

Not that I know 100% nor it's my issue, but I according to my buddy the policy is you give them a deposit up front and you can't get it back until you refuse that bike/ie: they have it in stock, which hasn't come in yet and thus he has to wait. it sucks for the customer but I see how it protects the vendor

...made a mullet! laced up a new 27.5 LG1 rim to LG1 hubs from the original, dented/flatted, 29" wheels. Put the GX cassette on. Just in time for the all public lands to close due to fire danger and covid spikes, but mostly fire danger and now "ice" today, snow on Colorado dammit! Anyhow, it looks kinda funny, but I'm sure it's gonna rip descents with that small rear end, compare the cable routing location on the seat stay relative the tire. Also, moved it from LOW (29) to HIGH (27.5) on the flip chip. Pedaled just around the neighborhood, feels different but not necessarily bad at climbing.

old wheel
out with the old

new wheel!
fully laced

BEFORE:

MULLET:
mullet. 27.5 LG1en w LG1RDH mopo tire 29 LG1r w LG1REN mopo tire

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 12:45 Quote
chacou wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
chacou wrote:

Not that I know 100% nor it's my issue, but I according to my buddy the policy is you give them a deposit up front and you can't get it back until you refuse that bike/ie: they have it in stock, which hasn't come in yet and thus he has to wait. it sucks for the customer but I see how it protects the vendor

Unless you sign a contract he's given them money for nothing untill a bike comes in. this is why deposits should always be a small non refundable amount if customer "changes thier mind" but if it doesnt come by XX time etc the contract is null and refund is given.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
Have to say I'm loving theullet on my Capra so far. Feels so much nicer.

Posted: Oct 23, 2020 at 14:15 Quote
sidekicksjn wrote:

Stoked so far, pedaling doesn't feel all that different. Will get out on it at some point this weekend I hope, although all the good trails are closed for fires now. Bummed because I also want to ride my new cassette which I put on my 29 wheel since I'll likely ride that setup more. It's been a good birthday month.
locks up tight on the wheel

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 2:13 Quote
chacou wrote:
sidekicksjn wrote:

Stoked so far, pedaling doesn't feel all that different. Will get out on it at some point this weekend I hope, although all the good trails are closed for fires now. Bummed because I also want to ride my new cassette which I put on my 29 wheel since I'll likely ride that setup more. It's been a good birthday month.

When u get few rides on new e13 cassette report back here i am curious if its better than previous one.

Things to check:
-pedaling back on largest cog
-pedaling back on smallest cog
and ofc durability but this will need some time to evaluate

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 20:31 Quote
ddbiked wrote:
chacou wrote:
sidekicksjn wrote:

When u get few rides on new e13 cassette report back here i am curious if its better than previous one.

Things to check:
-pedaling back on largest cog
-pedaling back on smallest cog
and ofc durability but this will need some time to evaluate

Also - what derailleur are you using (i didn't read the fine print above - sry)

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:50 Quote
Sure thing, It's very light weight and appears to me to be machined very well. Tolerances are tight, as expected, not overly or anything appearing "off". I greased all the contact points and got it together over a couple of big, slow tugs of the chain whip but didn't force it, it's all very tight fitting so I was patient with putting it together as I didn't want to risk bending or cracking anything (past experiences). Grease the center of the big ring, where the small ring center cup slides onto during mounting. This was difficult for me to finish pressing the small ring in place because I forgot to grease that contact point and it was tight, had I greased that, it would've been way less effort to mount the small ring.
I'm using a GX 12speed 10-50 with GX shifter and brand new X01 chain. I haven't gotten a ride since we've got fresh snow, thank ullr, but I'll post back with ride/shift impressions.
I've got the TRS+ 9-46 11 speed on my hardtail with an SLX setup and it works well, has been pretty much trouble free for about 1000 miles. It is on it's second AL extension as the first was warrantied, one of the couple items I've had E13 replace quickly and easily. I'm excited about the Helix and the prospect of dropping about 1/4lbs of rotational weight and a bit of bling at way less cost than the big two.

two pieces

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
chacou wrote:
Sure thing, It's very light weight and appears to me to be machined very well. Tolerances are tight, as expected, not overly or anything appearing "off". I greased all the contact points and got it together over a couple of big, slow tugs of the chain whip but didn't force it, it's all very tight fitting so I was patient with putting it together as I didn't want to risk bending or cracking anything (past experiences). Keep in mind to grease one the big ring where the small ring center cup slides on, this was difficult for me to finish pressing the small ring in place because I forgot to grease that contact point, I suspect had I greased that it would've been less effort.
I'm using a GX 12speed 10-50 with GX shifter and brand new X01 chain. I haven't gotten a ride since we've got fresh snow, thank ullr, but I'll post back with ride/shift impressions.
I've got the TRS+ 9-46 11 speed on my hardtail with an SLX setup and it works well, has been pretty much trouble free for about 1000 miles. It is on it's second AL extension as the first was warrantied, one of the couple items I've had E13 replace quickly and easily. I'm excited about the Helix and the prospect of dropping about 1/4lbs of rotational weight and a bit of bling at way less cost than the big two.

two pieces

Thanks. I need to upgrade my transmission. I'm still on a 42t cassette! The Helix looks like a good way to go. e13 are nearby and they have always helped me out (didn't need much actually).

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
I was hoping to get the "Galactic" anno, but I'm not patient enough to wait for it. Just in the bike stand it feels like it shifts really smooth, quick, quiet, and NO BACK PEDAL DROP, that's in the bike stand though. For the handful of problems E13 products have given me, they do take great care when there's a problem and make it right quick, that's way more than can be said of others.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014047
Mobile Version of Website