YT Capra Owners

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 4:27 Quote
I just bought my Capra a week ago. It's my first REAL enduro bike and my first 29er.

But it's kind of special, I bet you didn't see a bike like this on your local trails.

Here's my video about it:
https://youtu.be/Ur4AnT1D3JY

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 12:07 Quote
LucasSeitz wrote:
I just bought my Capra a week ago. It's my first REAL enduro bike and my first 29er.

But it's kind of special, I bet you didn't see a bike like this on your local trails.

Nice! Hope you enjoy the new ride, I know I've love mine. Oddly enough you do see them on the local trails...I keep running into a guy who has one at my local bike park. It's the 27.5 that's the more rare of the two.

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 14:25 Quote
Yeah I've seen one locally as well. They're very nice bikes.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 2:54 Quote
I have the 2017 red Capra Al, and just put brand new Code RSC brakes on, only ridden once (with those brakes)

Bike is in excellent condition, just wondering what this would sell for now. Undecided on selling so far.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 13:39 Quote
mikepal wrote:
LucasSeitz wrote:

Nice! Hope you enjoy the new ride, I know I've love mine. Oddly enough you do see them on the local trails...I keep running into a guy who has one at my local bike park. It's the 27.5 that's the more rare of the two.

wow, I never saw one in real life before I purchased mine, but the guy who had it before me told me he saw one once in a bikepark, I suprised that you've run into one of them considering the fact htat there are only 200 of them in the whole united states (the 2019 29 ones)

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 14:21 Quote
Sold my Capra tonight... not sad to see it go because I know I can get another in the new year if I want. Right now I am going to focus on CrossFit over the winter and then see what takes my fancy out of these: New Capra, Nukeproof Mega, Nukeproof Giga, or maybe - and this is a long shot - Specialized Enduro.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
jaame wrote:
Sold my Capra tonight... not sad to see it go because I know I can get another in the new year if I want. Right now I am going to focus on CrossFit over the winter and then see what takes my fancy out of these: New Capra, Nukeproof Mega, Nukeproof Giga, or maybe - and this is a long shot - Specialized Enduro.

CrossFit is absolute shite.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 17:01 Quote
How do you know if somebody does crossfit? They tell you. Over and over and over again.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
Hello,

I just recently bought a 2019 YT Capra CF Pro Race 27.5 used, and it has the problem of the chain jumping while backpedaling in low gears. I bought a brand new E13 cassette (same as stock) because I thought the old one was worn. Bought a brand new chain too. Pulled apart derailleur and cleaned it, cleaned front chainring, and there is literally 0% improvement. Anyone have this same issue? I’ve looked at my friends bikes (not capras) and the angle my chain is at to be on the largest cog in no more severe than others I’ve seen. Is the E13 cassette just crap? Or has anyone got this issue to stop with the E13 cassette?

Thanks
Any help is much appreciated

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 19:22 Quote
Even with a cassette that allows for backpedaling, I try not to do it if I can avoid it. Ratcheting to get over small obstacles is one thing, but a full revolution isn’t usually necessary.

You can sell it and buy a Garbaruk 11 speed 10-46T cassette- it might work better. If you opt for a 48 or 50t, you may need their RD cage too. Good luck...

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 20:26 Quote
spooby wrote:
Hello,

I just recently bought a 2019 YT Capra CF Pro Race 27.5 used, and it has the problem of the chain jumping while backpedaling in low gears. I bought a brand new E13 cassette (same as stock) because I thought the old one was worn. Bought a brand new chain too. Pulled apart derailleur and cleaned it, cleaned front chainring, and there is literally 0% improvement. Anyone have this same issue? I’ve looked at my friends bikes (not capras) and the angle my chain is at to be on the largest cog in no more severe than others I’ve seen. Is the E13 cassette just crap? Or has anyone got this issue to stop with the E13 cassette?

Thanks

Mainly a chainline issue than worn out cassette or chain, I set up all my bikes so I can back peddle and get no drop on the low gears but it's mostly an issue on higher gears, but who back peddles on low gears anyways? The whole boost, wider bb's and rear spacing plus chainstay clearance gives you limited room to fix this but can be done if you know how to get around with spindle lengths, bb spacers and crank arm q factors

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 20:57 Quote
spooby wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

watch this:
https://youtu.be/Datny92SLL8

It helped me.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 0:37 Quote
spooby wrote:
Hello,

Thanks

I had the same issues even after switching to a Sram GX cassette.
In my case the RaceFace crankset was the reason.
Race Face does not have real boost chainrings.
I switched to a Sram GX Dub crankset with a real boost chain ring and the issue was gone.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 2:14 Quote
The issue with the Capra is that the chain ring runs very close to the chain stay. There is only about 1mm of wiggle room. You could not for example move the chainring 3mm further inboard. Cross chaining is unfortunately an inherent problem with ever increasing numbers of gears.

Thanks for telling me that CrossFit is shite. I've already paid for my first six sessions, starting next week at Harrogate CrossFit. I'm looking forward to getting an even better body than I already have, and also not washing my bike over the winter. Anyway I'll will be sure to report back on whether or not it's shite after I've tried it. Right now I can't really comment because I've never done it. Maybe the trainer you had was shite perhaps? Or just a bunch of c*nts in that particular gym? Just guessing.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 11:55 Quote
After being in here since the early pages and now 1800 pages later my YT journey comes to an end ( never say never),I've sold my MK1 Capra - thanks for the shared knowledge,banter etc -Au Revoir peeps.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014826
Mobile Version of Website