YT Capra Owners

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
GravesendGrunt wrote:
After being in here since the early pages and now 1800 pages later my YT journey comes to an end ( never say never),I've sold my MK1 Capra - thanks for the shared knowledge,banter etc -Au Revoir peeps.

Some OG hotness there, may your rides be full of rock gardens and jumps

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 17:43 Quote
GravesendGrunt wrote:
After being in here since the early pages and now 1800 pages later my YT journey comes to an end ( never say never),I've sold my MK1 Capra - thanks for the shared knowledge,banter etc -Au Revoir peeps.

You were able to sell it? LOL I just keep riding my 2015 because I doubt anyone would want it at this point. Thanks for the memories, GG. What are you onto next?

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 20:27 Quote
Capra easy to sell. People love them! Had a borderline fistfight/bidding war in my yard selling used (exc cond) for retail value. Went with first buyer on principle. Still getting calls asking if it is available. Over 20 response first day. Maybe just keep them is what im thinking now.

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 1:34 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
GravesendGrunt wrote:

You were able to sell it? LOL I just keep riding my 2015 because I doubt anyone would want it at this point. Thanks for the memories, GG. What are you onto next?

Yes I sold it fairly easiy and got a decent price for it too,new bikes have been in very short supply here so that no doubt helped.I wasn't planning on selling it but was working at a friends house and he insisted on me taking his bike away to use/try .He didn't appear to want it back and I didn't want to give it back as was loving riding it....so ended up buying it.It's a Large Mondraker Dune so a big step up in size for me from 420mm reach of my Medium Capra to 490mm of the Dune.

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 3:48 Quote
I have been looking at the Dune with a view to mulleting it. Only problem is they are so rare here and very expensive to buy - even if someone sells it for a 40% loss you still end up paying more than a brand new Capra. Also, the Mondy page experst seem to think if you mullet it, you need to use a 150 fork paired with the 170 travel on the back in order to correct the geometry. Still something I would like to try but I doubt I will.

How does the Dune go in comparison?

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
The Dune does just about everything better for me,corners better,climbs better,more stable at speed and descending having such a long front center in comparison. I've always struggled with bike fit before,at 5'7" I usually get put onto smaller bikes - I sized up to a Medium when I bought the Capra but I have have longish legs-for reference I could happily run a 170mm Reverb in my 450mm seatutbe of my Medium Capra. It was a real eye opener having such a big bike to try out for a change-theres some Voodoo going on with it as it is more agile than it should be-perhaps it's the short 37mm fork offset helps in this.
I sold the Capra for £1500 and bought the Dune for £1800 (it's hardly been ridden) so have room to upgrade a few bits -charger damper is on the cards for the Yari. .
jaame wrote:
I have been looking at the Dune with a view to mulleting it. Only problem is they are so rare here and very expensive to buy - even if someone sells it for a 40% loss you still end up paying more than a brand new Capra. Also, the Mondy page experst seem to think if you mullet it, you need to use a 150 fork paired with the 170 travel on the back in order to correct the geometry. Still something I would like to try but I doubt I will.

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
I sold my Capra fairly easy, for same price I paid back a few months ago.

Picked up a local Pivot Firebird 29 X01.

Debating flipping it for profit.

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 11:20 Quote
GravesendGrunt wrote:
The Dune does just about everything better for me,corners better,climbs better,more stable at speed and descending having such a long front center in comparison. I've always struggled with bike fit before,at 5'7" I usually get put onto smaller bikes - I sized up to a Medium when I bought the Capra but I have have longish legs-for reference I could happily run a 170mm Reverb in my 450mm seatutbe of my Medium Capra. It was a real eye opener having such a big bike to try out for a change-theres some Voodoo going on with it as it is more agile than it should be-perhaps it's the short 37mm fork offset helps in this.
I sold the Capra for £1500 and bought the Dune for £1800 (it's hardly been ridden) so have room to upgrade a few bits -charger damper is on the cards for the Yari. .
jaame wrote:

Man that is a big bike for someone of your height! Don't you find it too much of a barge? I'm a smidge under 6ft with 34" inseam and find my hardtail a bit too long for my liking, and it's 476mm. My full suss at 464mm feels spot on for me. Great if it works for you though!

Posted: Oct 30, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
whitedlite wrote:
I sold my Capra fairly easy, for same price I paid back a few months ago.

Picked up a local Pivot Firebird 29 X01.

Debating flipping it for profit.

I almost sold mine in early September to buy a Commencal Meta TR 29 Race. That bike is pretty and has a pretty good spec. I think I could have got near what I paid for my Capra 2 years ago. In the end I decided to keep it. I went for a ride and rode terrible. Misjudging corners, timid through some roots, afraid to send it. All stuff I've ridden well before when I was riding consistent earlier in the summer. Figured a new bike isn't going to fix that. Need some lessons and more time.on the bike.

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 14:01 Quote
Hey guys,

I have been considering putting a SRAM GX 1x12 10-50T or even 10-52T group onto my Capra (AL Comp from last year, Shimano XT and E13 combo for shifting). Would it fit and what would I need to change in terms of components?
Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Seb

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 14:10 Quote
t1mber wrote:
Hey guys,

I have been considering putting a SRAM GX 1x12 10-50T or even 10-52T group onto my Capra (AL Comp from last year, Shimano XT and E13 combo for shifting). Would it fit and what would I need to change in terms of components?
Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Seb

My understanding is you’d just need the GX kit. The hub should be an XD driver so you could swap it straight over

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
t1mber wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Seb

My advice: buy a Garbaruk 10-50 11 speed cassette (I presume it's an SRAM XD driver you have) and either a Wolftooth Goat Link or the Garbaruk replacement cage for your Shimano RD.

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 18:43 Quote
Staktup wrote:
t1mber wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Seb

My advice: buy a Garbaruk 10-50 11 speed cassette (I presume it's an SRAM XD driver you have) and either a Wolftooth Goat Link or the Garbaruk replacement cage for your Shimano RD.

I did this with the cage. It shifts better than my wife's bike with eagle ox1.

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
Cerberus75 wrote:
Staktup wrote:
t1mber wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Seb

I did this with the cage. It shifts better than my wife's bike with eagle ox1.

my recomendation: stay away from Sram

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
t1mber wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Seb

The E13 TRS+ 11 speed 9-46 uses a Sram XD freehub. So, you could just get the GX cassette or a third party like garbaruk, then you'd just need the GX shifter/derailleur and a 12 speed chain. BUT, what is it you're looking for? Better shifting? More range for easier climbing? weight savings? I think the people recommending the Garbaruk 11 speed 10-50 and an updated cage for the derailleur make a great recommendation, probably cost less than doing a GX kit too.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012644
Mobile Version of Website