YT Capra Owners

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 6:33 Quote
2018 Capra cf pro race, amazing bike. Just replaced pivot bearings, there was no play at all. When I pulled the bearings out, the grease was dried out. To be expected after 3 years. Zero issues with the bike, it is not abused, but it gets a lot of action. It chews up mileage, climbs better than it has any right too, and descends like a beast.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 5:52 Quote
So I’m thinking to buy a Capra Elite if they ever come back in stock in my size. The only other bike I’m considering is the Propain Tyee, and the GG Gnarvana. But I can’t get the build I’d want in the Propain or Gnarvana.

Anyone have any insight into when the 2021 Capra’s are going to land? And if/when the Elite model may show up.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 6:47 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
So I’m thinking to buy a Capra Elite if they ever come back in stock in my size. The only other bike I’m considering is the Propain Tyee, and the GG Gnarvana. But I can’t get the build I’d want in the Propain or Gnarvana.

Anyone have any insight into when the 2021 Capra’s are going to land? And if/when the Elite model may show up.
Isn't the Capra more like the Spindrift? Even in 29' version, it's using a bigger shock than the Tyee, and in 27.5'form it's even 2 sizes bigger shock!

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 8:50 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Have you messaged GG about the build you'd like for the Gnarvana? Just because they don't have something on their website doesn't mean they can't get it, my experience with them building up a Pedalhead last winter was great, they're very accommodating, now the supply chain is another story. I'm waiting for the new Smash to come out, then most likely my Capra will be hitting the market.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
hitarpotar wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Isn't the Capra more like the Spindrift? Even in 29' version, it's using a bigger shock than the Tyee, and in 27.5'form it's even 2 sizes bigger shock!

Capra elite is a 170/170 bike. With 38 and X2 factory bits which I want.

Spindrift is a 180-190/170 bike. Free ride oriented.

Tyee is a 160/160.

I’d prefer 160 to a max of 170mm travel.

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 12:11 Quote
chacou wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Have you messaged GG about the build you'd like for the Gnarvana? Just because they don't have something on their website doesn't mean they can't get it, my experience with them building up a Pedalhead last winter was great, they're very accommodating, now the supply chain is another story. I'm waiting for the new Smash to come out, then most likely my Capra will be hitting the market.

I’ll contact them, thanks for the tip

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 0:18 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Tyee is a 160/160.

I know the travel numbers. 29' Capra uses 60- and 65mm stroke shocks, same as the Spindrift. The Tyee uses a 55mm stroke shock. And the 27.5' Capra uses 70 and 75mm stroke shocks. I'm a fan of longer-stroke shocks for given frame travel.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 2:59 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
hitarpotar wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Tyee is a 160/160.

Tyee is a 170-160.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 6:38 Quote
hitarpotar wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Tyee is a 160/160.

I know the travel numbers. 29' Capra uses 60- and 65mm stroke shocks, same as the Spindrift. The Tyee uses a 55mm stroke shock. And the 27.5' Capra uses 70 and 75mm stroke shocks. I'm a fan of longer-stroke shocks for given frame travel.

Agreed. Shock stroke length is more important than 10mm rear travel differences. The longer the stroke the easier it is to setup, I think.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 13:26 Quote
hitarpotar wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Tyee is a 160/160.

Fair enough, I’m more into travel then I am stoke length. I want a LT 29”, but am not hitting bike parks or free ride lines. Just chunkier trails that are usually shuttle up and rip down. I do ok with 27.5” 160/160, but sometimes wish I could monster truck a few of the obstacles without feeling like I’m slightly under-biked/having momentum constantly sapped. Capra and Tyee seem like just the ticket.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 13:58 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
hitarpotar wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

Tyee is a 160/160.

Fair enough, I’m more into travel then I am stoke length. I want a LT 29”, but am not hitting bike parks or free ride lines. Just chunkier trails that are usually shuttle up and rip down. I do ok with 27.5” 160/160, but sometimes wish I could monster truck a few of the obstacles without feeling like I’m slightly under-biked/having momentum constantly sapped. Capra and Tyee seem like just the ticket.

I am curious but how much do you weigh? Leverage ratio (travel/stroke) is not something that most people even think about when buying a bike but can make a really big difference if you are on one end of the weight spectrum or the other. YT uses low leverage ratios that are pretty favorable for heavier riders where as the Tyee is probably not ideal for a bigger person but could make for a good option for a lighter person who has trouble with getting an active suspension or shock tuning.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 15:00 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
hitarpotar wrote:

I am curious but how much do you weigh? Leverage ratio (travel/stroke) is not something that most people even think about when buying a bike but can make a really big difference if you are on one end of the weight spectrum or the other. YT uses low leverage ratios that are pretty favorable for heavier riders where as the Tyee is probably not ideal for a bigger person but could make for a good option for a lighter person who has trouble with getting an active suspension or shock tuning.

I’m 170cm and fluctuate between 65 and 68kg

I currently run a Jeffsy and have been able to tune a factory X2 I put on it to feel perfect for my preference.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 16:47 Quote
So yeah you are at the lower end of the "average" weight spectrum and don't really have to worry about it much. It is surprising though how little people who are on the heavy side know about this though.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 17:37 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
So yeah you are at the lower end of the "average" weight spectrum and don't really have to worry about it much. It is surprising though how little people who are on the heavy side know about this though.

Ha ha, didn’t see your flag. Figured you were from Europe. I’m 5’7” And about 145 to 150 pounds.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 20:54 Quote
Hey Guys- 2020 Capra Comp 29

I am looking for a specific replacement YT part that does not seem to be for sale on YT's Website.

The nut that holds the rear right horst link (near the rear axel) seems to have fallen off my bike on the trail. I was able to save the bolt, but am missing the nut. Does anyone know how to find this part? I've emailed YT about the situation, but would love any input! Thank you

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009291
Mobile Version of Website