YT Capra Owners

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 17:54 Quote
Looking for any rider experience going from a 2017 Capra Pro Race 27.5 to the new Specialized Enduro Expert.
My Capra is starting to feel a little old and I am looking for something new and have my eyes on the Enduro, but that price vs the Capra is hard to swallow

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
Honestly Get the Capra Blaze its the best value for an enduro bike.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
Oliver3661770 wrote:
new capra probably out soon you could try to wait for it

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 15:40 Quote
Oliver3661770 wrote:

Long since sold out, I suspect that’s the case everywhere. It was a limited run of bikes YT did.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 16:03 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Oliver3661770 wrote:

Long since sold out, I suspect that’s the case everywhere. It was a limited run of bikes YT did.

Anything in the uncaged series is long gone, However there coming out with a new bike in the uncaged series very soon. They teased it on there Instagram.

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
ChrisD27 wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Oliver3661770 wrote:

Anything in the uncaged series is long gone, However there coming out with a new bike in the uncaged series very soon. They teased it on there Instagram.

Whaaat?

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 15:16 Quote
Didn't happen. So why wait. The current one is brilliant. Why wait for something that might not come out.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 19:04 Quote
Hi guys. Where can I find a mech hanger screw for a 2020 YT Capra? They don't have on the website for 2018+ models

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 19:22 Quote
alexsam wrote:
Hi guys. Where can I find a mech hanger screw for a 2020 YT Capra? They don't have on the website for 2018+ models
You can find one in my toolbox. Third drawer from the bottom, on the left.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
Emailed YT to see if they could tell me whether the Capra Elite would come back in stock. This was the reply:

“Thanks for reaching out to YT!

We do not have a waiting list or a confirmed eta for new CAPRA models at this time.

We encourage you stay tuned to our website for updates as well as sign up for our newsletter and/or follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram).

We are looking forward to getting you on a YT soon!”

I’m not hopeful I’ll be riding a Capra this season. And I don’t want to sink more cash into upgrading/servicing my Mk1 Jeffsy. The suspension needs a full service, and the bearings need replacing, but I’d rather save the cash for a new bike.

Perhaps I need to look into whatever the LBS can get a hold of for me...or look at Canyon, as they have a Strive in stock in my size.

I even found a Pivot Firebird Pro X01 steeply discounted at a local shop, but unfortunately they only have a large, when I need a small or medium.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
I asked this in the general YT thread as well but I am wondering if anyone here happened to save the exploded diagrams that do not appear to be on the new YT site? I am particularly looking for the one for the Tues but would like to have all of them if possible.

EDIT: Found them thanks to someone on here. Apparently I suck at navigating websites.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
I have a 2019 Capra AL Comp. Is it possible to swap the ZS56, lower headset race for a External Cup (EC)? If so, what size lower cup/headset race should I order? I simply want to add a little more lift to my front end without changing my fork travel, and I'm in need of a new headset anyway.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Emailed YT to see if they could tell me whether the Capra Elite would come back in stock. This was the reply:

We do not have a waiting list or a confirmed eta for new CAPRA models at this time.

We encourage you stay tuned to our website for updates as well as sign up for our newsletter and/or follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram).

I’m not hopeful I’ll be riding a Capra this season. And I don’t want to sink more cash into upgrading/servicing my Mk1 Jeffsy. The suspension needs a full service, and the bearings need replacing, but I’d rather save the cash for a new bike.

Perhaps I need to look into whatever the LBS can get a hold of for me...or look at Canyon, as they have a Strive in stock in my size.

I even found a Pivot Firebird Pro X01 steeply discounted at a local shop, but unfortunately they only have a large, when I need a small or medium.

I wouldn't hold your breath on it appearing in stock anytime soon, personally I'd order the Canyon if you really want a bike right now, or relatively soon (keep in mind Canyon sizes are usually 1 up from normal, ie: medium normal is small Canyon, but I assume you've used their sizing chart).

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
watch123 wrote:
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

I wouldn't hold your breath on it appearing in stock anytime soon, personally I'd order the Canyon if you really want a bike right now, or relatively soon (keep in mind Canyon sizes are usually 1 up from normal, ie: medium normal is small Canyon, but I assume you've used their sizing chart).

Yeah, the one I saw is a Strive in size S.

I think I’ll wait though. Really stoked on a Capra if I’m completely honest with myself.

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 13:40 Quote
chrisk wrote:
I have a 2019 Capra AL Comp. Is it possible to swap the ZS56, lower headset race for a External Cup (EC)? If so, what size lower cup/headset race should I order? I simply want to add a little more lift to my front end without changing my fork travel, and I'm in need of a new headset anyway.

EC56/40 I think?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010134
Mobile Version of Website