YT Capra Owners

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
Looking to trade my 2019 XL CF Pro Race 27.5 Frame for a size L Capra Frame. Realized it’s a hair to big for me. Just posted this ad:

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3045235/

HMU if you’re interested!

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 14:59 Quote
sidekicksjn wrote:
Didn't happen. So why wait. The current one is brilliant. Why wait for something that might not come out.
it is tho they are releasing teaser after leaser (I think we have 4 now)

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
timotheysski wrote:
sidekicksjn wrote:
Didn't happen. So why wait. The current one is brilliant. Why wait for something that might not come out.

Hopefully when they announce it, they will have stock available soon after. Annoying when companies announce new bikes and its not available for months.

Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 15:59 Quote
Kango wrote:
timotheysski wrote:
sidekicksjn wrote:

Hopefully when they announce it, they will have stock available soon after. Annoying when companies announce new bikes and its not available for months.

Imagine how annoying it is for the company owners/employees. I think we should all offer a little respect to the supply chain issues plaguing our planet at the moment. Besides that, YT is a relatively smaller/newer bike company that is also in very high demand!

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2021 at 16:07 Quote
code26 wrote:
Kango wrote:
timotheysski wrote:

Imagine how annoying it is for the company owners/employees. I think we should all offer a little respect to the supply chain issues plaguing our planet at the moment. Besides that, YT is a relatively smaller/newer bike company that is also in very high demand!

Thats kind of my point. Hoping they are delaying the release until they have sufficient supply. Nothing worse than a bike release that only goes to team riders and reviewers.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 1:49 Quote
Alessioq wrote:
Hi, anyone from Europe has bought a capra pro al 27,5 on march 26th when it was "in-stock" ? i wondering why they will ship the bike, i'm finding hard to communicate with them via email... i've got couple of answer by them on instagram by now they have update they're automatic reply and i they don't reply anymore about orders via instagram (i believe). I read on they site they said it could take up 12 bussiness day for delivery but man having no update since i ordered it and the hard communication are making me thinking that the bike wasn't actually in stock.

Time for an update. My capra pro al came in yesterday, it took 1 months and 2 days (the bike was in stock at the moment i bought it). I took it out for a little ride after work yesterday evening. First impressions are good but i had to tried it . So the bike climbs good in my opinion, on the trails it felt very good, the fox 38 just eat everything. By the way I need to finish the setup based on my personal preferences like cutting the handlebar ecc. Only negative point at the moment... i never had sram brakes before and after first ride i don't like them much,i used shimano saint for the last 3 years and the code r dosen't seem that powerfull compared to them, but i want to set them up better and test it more before maybe going for a swap. Sorry for my english i'm from italy haha.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 5:43 Quote
The breaks need to be broken in, they will get better.

Alessioq wrote:
Alessioq wrote:
Hi, anyone from Europe has bought a capra pro al 27,5 on march 26th when it was "in-stock" ? i wondering why they will ship the bike, i'm finding hard to communicate with them via email... i've got couple of answer by them on instagram by now they have update they're automatic reply and i they don't reply anymore about orders via instagram (i believe). I read on they site they said it could take up 12 bussiness day for delivery but man having no update since i ordered it and the hard communication are making me thinking that the bike wasn't actually in stock.

Time for an update. My capra pro al came in yesterday, it took 1 months and 2 days (the bike was in stock at the moment i bought it). I took it out for a little ride after work yesterday evening. First impressions are good but i had to tried it . So the bike climbs good in my opinion, on the trails it felt very good, the fox 38 just eat everything. By the way I need to finish the setup based on my personal preferences like cutting the handlebar ecc. Only negative point at the moment... i never had sram brakes before and after first ride i don't like them much,i used shimano saint for the last 3 years and the code r dosen't seem that powerfull compared to them, but i want to set them up better and test it more before maybe going for a swap. Sorry for my english i'm from italy haha.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
Cannonbill wrote:
The breaks need to be broken in, they will get better.

Alessioq wrote:
Alessioq wrote:

I agree, just ride it for a bit and you'll get used to it. It's like a lot of things, it feels weird at first, but you'll (most likely) eventually get used to it.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 11:14 Quote
I also think SRAM and Shimano have different approaches to raking. SRAM with more modulation but less initial bite. Shimano with more initial bite, but less modulation. Not better than the other, just different. Especially given which system you're familiar with.

I ran the previous generation of Shimano xt and liked them, switched to SRAM code r in 2018 with my capra. Have enjoyed the code brakes a lot more.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
jojotherider1977 wrote:
I also think SRAM and Shimano have different approaches to raking. SRAM with more modulation but less initial bite. Shimano with more initial bite, but less modulation. Not better than the other, just different. Especially given which system you're familiar with.

I ran the previous generation of Shimano xt and liked them, switched to SRAM code r in 2018 with my capra. Have enjoyed the code brakes a lot more.

A buddy says modulation is marketing speak for weak brakes. But he’s a Shimano fanboy.

Truth is, being able to feather the brakes to avoid a skid helps control speed better and helps maintain traction better. It’s also easier on the trail surface.

I too have used both, Shimano’s were fine, but I prefer the feel of SRAM’s. I prefer their shifter and drivetrains too though.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

A buddy says modulation is marketing speak for weak brakes. But he’s a Shimano fanboy.

Truth is, being able to feather the brakes to avoid a skid helps control speed better and helps maintain traction better. It’s also easier on the trail surface.

I too have used both, Shimano’s were fine, but I prefer the feel of SRAM’s. I prefer their shifter and drivetrains too though.

Most who comment about Sram and fanboy shimano's generally dont understand, guide brakes are lacking but they are also were the most common on bikes a couple of years ago and the problem is always the same, people dont understand how to bleed them properly.

if i ride my trail bike with SLX but then jump on my enduro with code RSC i've just about gone over the bars multiple times just from the far more power.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 15:04 Quote
On the same topics with brakes, My Capra Base AL is two weeks old and I've had some "issues" with the brakes. The rear brake is a lot more squishy feeling than the front brake. Both levers are adjusted to the same distance and I haven't loosened the screw so no large amounts of air have got into the system. Is this an issue or is it normal.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
I prefer bleeding Codes, so easy, especially since you rarely need to do it since DOT doesn't develop bubbles like mineral oil.

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 15:17 Quote
chacou wrote:
I prefer bleeding Codes, so easy, especially since you rarely need to do it since DOT doesn't develop bubbles like mineral oil.

Sram actually use Brake fluid.. for brakes... lol.

Mineral oil is not the best as it heats it gets thinner, on long dh runs my SLX at the bottom theres almost no power at all.

In proccess of changing the rest of my bikes to codes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017860
Mobile Version of Website