YT Capra Owners

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 12:42 Quote
So I can cut out part of the bridge on one side of my MK2 carbon frame and install a water bottle and that would make my ride current, huh?

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
If you are brave enough Salute

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 13:12 Quote
Definitely going to hang on to my 2018 Pro Race.

Rear hub is f*cked so the plan is to swap it out for Hope or something with a Shimano free hub and get rid of the stupid expensive E Thirteen cassette for XT or something.

Keep on top of maintenance n should last me another few years if the frame holds out.

Has anyone put 27.5 whees on a 29 Capra? Is that possible?

EDIT: It is possible but dont do it. Got it.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 18:29 Quote
stoo61 wrote:

Rear hub is f*cked so the plan is to swap it out for Hope or something with a Shimano free hub and get rid of the stupid expensive E Thirteen cassette for XT or something.

Keep on top of maintenance n should last me another few years if the frame holds out.

I put on a 27.5 out back and set the chip to the high setting after reading about it and seeing Cam Zink's videos. I do like it and my rear concurs...

O+
Posted: May 19, 2021 at 7:19 Quote
Staktup wrote:
stoo61 wrote:

I put on a 27.5 out back and set the chip to the high setting after reading about it and seeing Cam Zink's videos. I do like it and my rear concurs...

I did the same, and while I don't like it for pedaling at all. I will probably throw the 27.5 wheel on the rear for bike park/shuttle days when those start happening here in a few weeks. The smaller wheel out back was very noticeable going down (in a positive way) and up (in a negative way). I did leave the flip chip in HIGH when I put the 29 back on the rear and have found that I like that, it does help the bike pedal a bit better, I was running LOW forever just out of default.

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
chacou wrote:
Staktup wrote:
stoo61 wrote:

I did the same, and while I don't like it for pedaling at all. I will probably throw the 27.5 wheel on the rear for bike park/shuttle days when those start happening here in a few weeks. The smaller wheel out back was very noticeable going down (in a positive way) and up (in a negative way). I did leave the flip chip in HIGH when I put the 29 back on the rear and have found that I like that, it does help the bike pedal a bit better, I was running LOW forever just out of default.

Notice any difference going down in HIGH mode?

Posted: May 19, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
Staktup wrote:
stoo61 wrote:

I did the same thing ! i do not regret it. I find the change unreal and sometimes i really cannot believe how playfull the bike became in tight corners.Sometimes i get the feeling that i am using only the front wheel and the rear is hanging on the air waiting for me to turn.

My comment on the new bikes: i found them all very well specd, and still remaining good value for money (a little bit sad because there is no ALU model) BUT i find rediculous the fact that they will be available next year. Maybe it is the new reality , i don't know, but i do not like it. I have read somewhere that Shimano acknowledges the rise on demand but thay are not willing to invest on infrastructure because that would take 1-2 years and till then the whole thing will be over....it is understandable BUT advertising something you don't have ...how does that not make a bad impression?

i am sticking to my 2019 Capra atm...

O+
Posted: May 19, 2021 at 12:23 Quote
amonas wrote:
Staktup wrote:
stoo61 wrote:

I did the same thing ! i do not regret it. I find the change unreal and sometimes i really cannot believe how playfull the bike became in tight corners.Sometimes i get the feeling that i am using only the front wheel and the rear is hanging on the air waiting for me to turn.

My comment on the new bikes: i found them all very well specd, and still remaining good value for money (a little bit sad because there is no ALU model) BUT i find rediculous the fact that they will be available next year. Maybe it is the new reality , i don't know, but i do not like it. I have read somewhere that Shimano acknowledges the rise on demand but thay are not willing to invest on infrastructure because that would take 1-2 years and till then the whole thing will be over....it is understandable BUT advertising something you don't have ...how does that not make a bad impression?

i am sticking to my 2019 Capra atm...

I think this is the reality for now but it will not last forever and we will see a lot of cheap bike parts due to overestimation in a couple years. All things go in cycles (Pun intended) and this is no different.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2021 at 13:45 Quote
Prices in Canada are getting out of hand. With the recent exchange rate they’re over 10% higher than buying one in the US.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
chacou wrote:
Staktup wrote:

Not really, I am running a 170mm fork with the 160mm rear travel, so that probably helps. I doubt I'd notice just flipping between LOW and HIGH on a descent on back to back runs. And it's probably mostly mental that I say I like having it in HIGH, although based on the numbers it should pedal/climb better in HIGH, which is something I've been doing lots of.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 2:15 Quote
chacou wrote:
stoo61 wrote:
chacou wrote:

Not really, I am running a 170mm fork with the 160mm rear travel, so that probably helps. I doubt I'd notice just flipping between LOW and HIGH on a descent on back to back runs. And it's probably mostly mental that I say I like having it in HIGH, although based on the numbers it should pedal/climb better in HIGH, which is something I've been doing lots of.

Reckon I'll try it. Like you I've just been running in LOW since I got it 3 years ago.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Prices in Canada are getting out of hand. With the recent exchange rate they’re over 10% higher than buying one in the US.

Canada has a 13% tariff for bikes.

Posted: May 20, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
I really want to sell my upgraded 2019 Capra and buy the core 3 looks like a really good deal.

Posted: May 23, 2021 at 19:49 Quote
heyy anyone found a storage solution to the 2018-20 capra models i found a fizik klik saddle bag that fits in the tiny spot by the BB. but I want to put a water bottle on it. any ideas?

Posted: May 24, 2021 at 0:34 Quote
You could try this, but would ultimately end up in the bottle being under the down tube.

https://m.bikester.co.uk/fidlock-twist-universal-base-drink-bottle-holder-black-851098.html?_cid=21_1_-1_9_4262_851098_474935896296_pla&ef_id=Cj0KCQjwna2FBhDPARIsACAEc_XxljLIsC1JpewzfLsKmzHv_8_hSVz7szECzztkEyFXJMBDHiqzY0MaAtFKEALw_wcB:G:s&campaign_detail=shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwna2FBhDPARIsACAEc_XxljLIsC1JpewzfLsKmzHv_8_hSVz7szECzztkEyFXJMBDHiqzY0MaAtFKEALw_wcB

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020233
Mobile Version of Website