YT Capra Owners

Author Message
Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 14:19 Quote
mtb-wyatt wrote:
Jd888jd wrote:
Just bought a 2019 Pro Race 27, 1x11 drivetrain. I want to upgrade to 1x12 speed. I assume the hubs are microspline not XD driver. ANy suggestions to what to get if I want to switch to 1x12 groupset? Somewhat GX Eagle equivalent. Thanks

The hubs are XD so an Eagle cassette will work

100% XD?

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 20:22 Quote
That’s what mine was. If it’s the stock E13 wheels and Cassette then yes it is XD

Posted: Oct 4, 2021 at 20:40 Quote
mtb-wyatt wrote:
That’s what mine was. If it’s the stock E13 wheels and Cassette then yes it is XD

Ok. Sounds good. Thanks

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
Alessioq wrote:
As much as i know about loctite to soften it you should heat it and then try to unscrew the bolt.
Probably the easiest thing you could do is removing the bearing on the side where you can unscrew the bolt, with a blind bearing puller. Now you should be able to hammer out the sleeve and doing this will also remove the other bearing, then you could put the sleeve into a vice using soft jaws or some sort of axle jaws and you should be able to unscrew the bolt.

Hammering bearing out from bike frame is a common thing to do, if you do it correctly you will not get any damage on your frame.
I got the other bolt loose from the rocker pivot sleeve today. Finally!
I did 5 sprayings of PB Blaster between last night and this morning, every 3hrs. Dissolved the loctite enough. What a horrible design. The outside bolts are really just "spacers" anywayso I don't know why they made the inner sleeve a larger diameter than the bearing race. Dumb engineering.
Anyhow, now I've gotta figure out how to get the bearings out with a blind bearing puller I guess (??) which I don't own and have never tried using.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 19:45 Quote
cmi85 wrote:
Alessioq wrote:
As much as i know about loctite to soften it you should heat it and then try to unscrew the bolt.
Probably the easiest thing you could do is removing the bearing on the side where you can unscrew the bolt, with a blind bearing puller. Now you should be able to hammer out the sleeve and doing this will also remove the other bearing, then you could put the sleeve into a vice using soft jaws or some sort of axle jaws and you should be able to unscrew the bolt.

Hammering bearing out from bike frame is a common thing to do, if you do it correctly you will not get any damage on your frame.
I got the other bolt loose from the rocker pivot sleeve today. Finally!
I did 5 sprayings of PB Blaster between last night and this morning, every 3hrs. Dissolved the loctite enough. What a horrible design. The outside bolts are really just "spacers" anywayso I don't know why they made the inner sleeve a larger diameter than the bearing race. Dumb engineering.
Anyhow, now I've gotta figure out how to get the bearings out with a blind bearing puller I guess (??) which I don't own and have never tried using.

I'm a big fan of PB Blaster - when I work on my truck. I had a shop swap out my frame bearings and it was super reasonable.

Posted: Oct 11, 2021 at 23:08 Quote
I found pumping up the rear for big climbs helped. Still gave plenty for traction, but kept pedals out of hit territory. Just back it off for the descent. If i was on a coil, id set up a tad stiff if I was climbing, but love the downs. Capra has plenty of room to work with for all mountain. To set up for big hits and butch downhills, comit to perfect sag and damping. Deal with the aggravation uphill. Climb rugged single track smack pedals. But relish the traction. A capra should probably be set up for DH master, deal with it on the climbs. Big distance hard core uphills you on the wrong bike. But it will do it...

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 1:36 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
I'm a big fan of PB Blaster - when I work on my truck. I had a shop swap out my frame bearings and it was super reasonable.
I know. I'm SO cheap though and love tinkering on my bikes, learning how to assemble/disassemble. That knowledge has come in handy more than once when I was like 6mi from the trailhead!

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 2:03 Quote
i love my 1st gen capra 27.5


Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 9:03 Quote
parkmeister wrote:
i love my 1st gen capra 27.5

Yeah! - I haven't ridden DV in ages. Must get back up there in the Spring. What years are considered '1st gen'? Your paint scheme looks at least a year later than mine (and better). Is that a 2016? I just rode my 2015 Capra at the Sea Otter and what used to seem like a huge (Size L) 'super-enduro' bike that came with an air shock and a Pike now feels like a little DS/Slope bike even with a 180 Lyrik and a Fox DHX2 coil! Times change!

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
What years are considered '1st gen'?
I have a 2017. 2G dropped in 2018, 3G in 2021. I also have a DHX2 Coil. f*ck yeah!

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
Downieville is so so good!

I was doing an RV MTB trip through the North West of the US and while climbing up to the top of Mr Toads in South Lake Tahoe I was passed by an older gentleman who had strapped a lawn mower motor to the back of his Santa Cruz to climb the hill.

We got chatting and he recommended Downieville. I'd never heard of it. So went and used the shuttle and it was class! Only place I smashed my head off the ground the entire 6 months Rolleyes

Was on my 2016 Pro Race, for pertinence.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 9:46 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
Downieville is so so good!

I was doing an RV MTB trip through the North West of the US and while climbing up to the top of Mr Toads in South Lake Tahoe I was passed by an older gentleman who had strapped a lawn mower motor to the back of his Santa Cruz to climb the hill.

We got chatting and he recommended Downieville. I'd never heard of it. So went and used the shuttle and it was class! Only place I smashed my head off the ground the entire 6 months Rolleyes

Was on my 2016 Pro Race, for pertinence.

Heck yeah! DV is a great area - great people, too. Got hammered by snow yesterday, most likely. Def up at the Saddle/Buttes.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 2:11 Quote
First ride on new rear shock at Eagle bike park

Finally trying the 27.5 Capra with a coil and I’m impressed! Biggest thought was low friction, the shock moves so freely and effortlessly through the travel I feel like the damper (which now finally has compression adjust) is able to work better because of it. The spring feel is predictable and reliable and it honestly feels like I gained extra traction for free, I feel a lot better in corners now particularly. Super excited to have that consistency and active friction-free motion. I got the 350lbs and the 400lbs spring and I can’t seem to even bottom out the 350lbs one yet

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 4:21 Quote
Absolutely love this bike!

Capra Pro AL 29, bought it this spring as my first ever mtb and total newbie to the sport, but it's just been an absolute blast and a total revelation. I normally spend all winter skiing, all summer on the river ww kayaking, and autumn just waiting for winter to start again... but now I just wanna ride bikes all the time haha Big Grin




Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 1:24 Quote
Hi everyone! i have yt capra 2016. L size,aluminium version (al comp 1). really good bike for everything. But wanted to put coil shock on it because need more progression for jumps .
It has 222*66 shock size. But most of the shocks comes in 222*70 size and trunion version. So how i could solve this problem with shock?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011787
Mobile Version of Website