YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 11:31 Quote
Does anyone know where I could get a replacement horst/rocker link for the 2017 Capra? I cant find it sold anywhere.

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 15:11 Quote
finr13 wrote:
Does anyone know where I could get a replacement horst/rocker link for the 2017 Capra? I cant find it sold anywhere.
I would think directly from YT would be the only option

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 4:35 Quote
Hello guys,

So Ive been thinking about putting a RockShox Boxxer on my Capra Pro AL (27.5" version).
Since replacing the 180mm FOX 38 with the 200mm boxxer doesnt change the geometry at all (axle to crown length is almost the same), I contacted YT and they said its not dual crown certified because they didnt test it with a dual crown fork. They also said that it may be theoretically possible. Obviously the frame warranty is gone then. And since the Spindrift AL is also dual crown certified I was very curious.
Does anyone ride a Capra AL with a dual crown and can say if there are Problems with that or if it really works?

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 7:07 Quote
People have mounted a Fox 40 and a Boxxer on a Capra, but the CF version - think it’s certified for it. Why is AL not certified is beyond my understanding…

Posted: Jul 15, 2022 at 10:01 Quote
If I remember correctly it was because of the impact of the stanchions on the side of the head tube. Probably very easy to add some carbon patches there locally to handle the stress, a little more complicated with the aluminum.

Posted: Jul 30, 2022 at 4:57 Quote
Anyone know what size the rear axle is for a 2017 yt capra pro?

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 15:35 Quote
mtb-rider-2009 wrote:
Anyone know what size the rear axle is for a 2017 yt capra pro?

142x12 thru axle - the thread pitch for the nut - I forget.

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 4:20 Quote
Hey guys, yesterday I snapped my e13 crank Blank Stare
Im thinking about buying alluminium crankset, maybe RF Turbine, but don't know what standard should im looking for.
I have 2020 capra CF pro race, crankset: e13 lg1r carbon with -8mm offset chaingring, BB 92 i think..30mm spindle
photo

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 10:25 Quote
arkoslaw wrote:
Im thinking about buying alluminium crankset, maybe RF Turbine, but don't know what standard should im looking for.
I have 2020 capra CF pro race, crankset: e13 lg1r carbon with -8mm offset chaingring, BB 92 i think..30mm spindle
photo

You could stick with an aluminum crank set from E*13.. Use your same bottom bracket and chainring. They may even help you out with the price depending on how this breakage happened. These cranks have been known to fail from time to time.

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
arkoslaw wrote:
photo
I broke two carbon e13 cranks on my jeffsy. And carbon wheels. Etc. all e13 Never again! I will go out of. My way to not have e13 on my bikes. Now I got sram gx with dub BB

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 15:41 Quote
Hello someone know the torque for the "Bearing Clearance Adjustment Screw" of capra cf comp 2016?

Can't find info on exploded design

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 20:27 Quote
mendez83 wrote:
Hello someone know the torque for the "Bearing Clearance Adjustment Screw" of capra cf comp 2016?

I don't know, but I use the German Guden scale for tightness.

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 23:51 Quote
suspended-flesh wrote:
mendez83 wrote:

I don't think they should be too tight, but how much?

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 1:05 Quote
mendez83 wrote:
suspended-flesh wrote:
mendez83 wrote:

I don't think they should be too tight, but how much?
tighten until it gets soft, then back out a quarter turn Wink

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
scoobiemario wrote:
arkoslaw wrote:
I broke two carbon e13 cranks on my jeffsy. And carbon wheels. Etc. all e13 Never again! I will go out of. My way to not have e13 on my bikes. Now I got sram gx with dub BB

Im gonna change it for RF Atlas, hope it will be fine, chainline etc.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018587
Mobile Version of Website