YT Capra Owners

Posted: Sep 15, 2022 at 7:47 Quote
parkmeister wrote:
@ suspended-flesh

manzanita
also, is that deepcee’s event? his races look like super chill and fun times.

Yes indeed!

Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
Hello guys,

Last week I had an small incident with my rear derailleur and got inside the wheel.
Result, bend hanger, rear derailleur and some spokes KO

As I have to do some investment to make it running again, I was thinking to upgrade it to 12 speed

Bike is AL Comp 1 from 2016 (here you have links for the different parts just in case, https://mtbdatabase.com/bikes/2016/yt/capra/2016-yt-capra-al-comp-1/)

Swapping the cassete + chain + new derailleur + shifter should be enough? or I have to add something else?

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 24, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
Sie11 wrote:
Hello guys,

Last week I had an small incident with my rear derailleur and got inside the wheel.

As I have to do some investment to make it running again, I was thinking to upgrade it to 12 speed

Bike is AL Comp 1 from 2016 (here you have links for the different parts just in case, https://mtbdatabase.com/bikes/2016/yt/capra/2016-yt-capra-al-comp-1/)

Swapping the cassete + chain + new derailleur + shifter should be enough? or I have to add something else?

Thanks!

You can make it 12 speed, but do you see it benefitting you? I currently have a 10-46 11spd cassette on my bike, and I find it just fine, I don't see an advantage to having a 10-50 (or 51/52) cassette on it, it rarely find myself wanting a lower gear. Also, 12 speed is even more finicky than 11 speed, meaning there is more opportunity for it to be knocked a bit out of tune from a small hit.

I personally wouldn't bother, rather I'd spend the money on riding the bike in new places, other components (new tires, suspension rebuild, tubeless, cushcore?), or just save it away for something else.

But to more directly answer your question, yes, all you'd need to swap is the cassette, chain, derailleur, and shifter. Might as well replace the internal cable routing while you're at it.

Posted: Sep 25, 2022 at 0:13 Quote
watch123 wrote:
Sie11 wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks!

You can make it 12 speed, but do you see it benefitting you? I currently have a 10-46 11spd cassette on my bike, and I find it just fine, I don't see an advantage to having a 10-50 (or 51/52) cassette on it, it rarely find myself wanting a lower gear. Also, 12 speed is even more finicky than 11 speed, meaning there is more opportunity for it to be knocked a bit out of tune from a small hit.

I personally wouldn't bother, rather I'd spend the money on riding the bike in new places, other components (new tires, suspension rebuild, tubeless, cushcore?), or just save it away for something else.

But to more directly answer your question, yes, all you'd need to swap is the cassette, chain, derailleur, and shifter. Might as well replace the internal cable routing while you're at it.

Thanks for the reply!

I guess that I will keep in the 11s so Smile
As you said, I will invest money in other tools that I need

Posted: Sep 25, 2022 at 0:50 Quote
Sie11 wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 18:03 Quote
Hey Guys, I'm in the market for a 2021+ Capra

I was hoping the community could provide the "Rider Area Distance" measurements for the XL and the XXL.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 20:56 Quote
fnhaoleguy wrote:

I was hoping the community could provide the "Rider Area Distance" measurements for the XL and the XXL.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

What do you mean by "rider area distance"?
Follow this link to get a better idea of what measurement you're looking for. If you're not very experienced in what measurements you're looking for then stick with the manufacturers' "suggested sizing chart" and that'll get you close enough until you learn more.
https://www.theproscloset.com/blogs/news/how-bike-geometry-works

Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 22:57 Quote
Thanks for the “manufacturers suggested sizing” tip.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
fnhaoleguy wrote:

Thanks for your help

Cheers

https://madscientistmtb.com/bike-geometry-compare/

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 16:50 Quote
Thanks Somebody-else, YT said “we’re aware of R.A.D, we just don’t provide it…you can either buy an XL or go XXL for a bigger fit”

I was kinda dumbfounded relative to a $5K purchase.

Cheers

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 18:46 Quote
fnhaoleguy wrote:
Thanks Somebody-else, YT said “we’re aware of R.A.D, we just don’t provide it…you can either buy an XL or go XXL for a bigger fit”

Cheers

To be fair Lee is selling something where he’s talking about fit of one particular measurement to a couple of millimeters. Swapping to a stubby stem and 760 bars means you need the larger size.

I say this as a 6’3+” guy that used to own a XXL Tues and I now own a XL Izzo. I sized up on the DH bike for speed and stability and down for the trail bike for agility. (I did a demo ride at a bike park on the last generation Capra 29 and xl was perfect)

Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 22:16 Quote
Theres a reason Brands dont Care for RAD.... far to many variables including the biggest: riding style.

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
somebody-else wrote:
fnhaoleguy wrote:

Cheers

To be fair Lee is selling something where he’s talking about fit of one particular measurement to a couple of millimeters. Swapping to a stubby stem and 760 bars means you need the larger size.

I say this as a 6’3+” guy that used to own a XXL Tues and I now own a XL Izzo. I sized up on the DH bike for speed and stability and down for the trail bike for agility. (I did a demo ride at a bike park on the last generation Capra 29 and xl was perfect)

Posted: Oct 4, 2022 at 13:10 Quote
And just so you are aware; sizing names (i.e. Small, Medium, Large, X large, etc.) aren't the same "size/length/height" from manufacturer to manufacturer or even from model to model within a single manufacturer (i.e. a YT Tues size Large will not be the same feel ((reach, stack, standover etc.)) as a YT Izzo size Large)

Posted: Oct 7, 2022 at 9:16 Quote
welp, this happened last weekend. Cry Cry Cry

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018435
Mobile Version of Website